Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SwirlyMMS Released?

Quote Originally Posted by mtwiford View Post
    So did you just call and tell them that you got rid of your iphone? Did they question you about anything?

I called and told them I was going back to using my RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectGSX View Post
    Your phone will still work - you just lose visual voicemail. That is how all non-ATT iphone users are still able to function. Anyone at T-Mobile, for example, does not have "special iphone service". They just have regular old phone service.

Tell them you dont have an iphone anymore and you want to revert to normal phone service. Just make sure you get a proper data plan and then add the messaging plan.

People doing this (and sayign they swap sims) generally have to call 3 or 4 times before they get an operator who can or will make this change. Be prepared.

exactly. Thats what I did yesterday and have been able to send and receive mms messages all day. I told them I was going with my old razor and they took off data package changed imei and added $15 unlimited medianet. Only thing i lost is visual voicemail as stated previously. I still get notification of new voicemail it just calls in like normal phones when i go to check it. Still have 3g internet and gps.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by utvol1 View Post
    I called and told them I was going back to using my RAZR
    I was told that breaks some kind of linkage between your iphone and itunes then. Can you still buy/install apps via iphone apps store? Can you still sync to itunes?

nope all still works itunes/app store

Thanks

Ok as suggested, it sounds like I'll have to call back 3 or 4 times until I get someone that will just do it. My first approach was to say I'm switching back and forth. It sounds like you have to say you're ditching the iphone for good.

I understand the concept...but don't you keep the sim card in the iphone even though your saying your putting it into a razr or whatever....Can't att tell that you have your number(sim card) still in the iphone and can't they tell your IMEI number is still coming from the iphone?

I understand the concept...but don't you keep the sim card in the iphone even though your saying your putting it into a razr or whatever....Can't att tell that you have your number(sim card) still in the iphone and can't they tell your IMEI number is still coming from the iphone?

Last edited by nexttonomy; 09-18-2008 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    Ok as suggested, it sounds like I'll have to call back 3 or 4 times until I get someone that will just do it. My first approach was to say I'm switching back and forth. It sounds like you have to say you're ditching the iphone for good.
    Tell us what they say when you call

......epic

Thanks

I'm waiting to hear back from an email I sent to a few high up AT&T contacts I know.

the funny thing is that i still have visual voicemail and swirlymms working, when i called att up back when i was on 1.1.4 the rep was shocked that i couldnt recieved mms, so what she did, she kept me on the iphone plan but also added the media max package for no charge, seems like im the only one that can recieve visual voicemail and mms, works for me ; )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaysmi29 View Post
    the funny thing is that i still have visual voicemail and swirlymms working, when i called att up back when i was on 1.1.4 the rep was shocked that i couldnt recieved mms, so what she did, she kept me on the iphone plan but also added the media max package for no charge, seems like im the only one that can recieve visual voicemail and mms, works for me ; )
    oh yeah? must be nice, and I think back then was before AT&T started tracking/blocking iphone users access to MMS. What about 2.x though? It has something partially to do with thigns being tied to your itunes account for the appstore. I dont have enough details yet that make sense. I'll post what ever I find out after I get a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    oh yeah? must be nice, and I think back then was before AT&T started tracking/blocking iphone users access to MMS. What about 2.x though? It has something partially to do with thigns being tied to your itunes account for the appstore. I dont have enough details yet that make sense. I'll post what ever I find out after I get a reply.
    im on 2.0.2 now and still the same mms and visual voicemail setup, itunes and appstore work fine for me, on my att account it displays iphone plan w/ 1500 text message for $30, media max package $0.00, its been like that for quite some time now

ok i came to at&t store today and ask a guy who work in there to change my imei # and chang my data feature to some window mobile, and he did now on my account i have

Web Text & More

Web Text & More
    PDA Bundles Bundled Features PRICE TEXT DATA SELECT
    PDA Bundle with Messaging PDA Personal Bundle
    AT&T Recommends $50.00 N/A Unlimited Current

is this rit????? because i still cant use swirlymms

Does medianet unlimited include both unlimited internet and mms? And then I'd have to get a separate text plan?

Anyone using this with 2.1???

I have been trying to get this work and nothing yet.

Anyone else have 2.1?

works fine on 2.1.. as long as you're not with AT&T.
    wwjd

I will not buy this app. It is too buggy. Only about 1 out of 10 mms are ever sent. The others just sit in the outbox with an error message of:

Failed to send MMS
    failed to POST: timeout or error when reading http header
    The MMS is placed in the outbox

iPhone? More like MyPhone wgr73's Avatar
    Thanks

Updates???!!

Quote Originally Posted by wgr73 View Post
    Updates???!!
    There have been quite a few program updates, but still it doesn't work for most of the AT&T users. There are a few lucky ones out there.
    wwjd

iPhone? More like MyPhone wgr73's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks bro, that was quick. I'm working on it as well...I'll post back my progress.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast