+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] WbApp v0.68

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
[RELEASE] WbApp v0.68, now with Extras. On my Touch I had well over 160 themes before the 2.1 update, mostly for testing purposes but it was a real drag scrolling
    Thanks

Default [RELEASE] WbApp v0.68
    [RELEASE] WbApp v0.68, now with Extras.

On my Touch I had well over 160 themes before the 2.1 update, mostly for testing purposes but it was a real drag scrolling through all those themes when I wanted to set a new sound or keyboard theme in the preferences. I thought it would be nice to have some control over this, so.. You can now set themes as "Extras". First when you view by type the "Extras" are at the bottom of the list. Why? because there's nothing to preview on a UI theme or Sound theme. Second you have complete control over using and setting whatever themes you want to use as Extras. Third, you don't have to use the function at all if you don't want to. However, once you go through your themes you can enable using just your "Extra" themes in the picker lists. Regardless, this new category can help everyone get the most out of WbApp.

Here's a quick overview:
    Install the new version of WbApp
    Go through your list of themes and preview the ones you'd like to set as an Extra, while in the preview tap the "Set Theme as Extra" toggle switch
    Go to Info: Prefs II and enable "Use 'Extras' Picklist"
    Close and relaunch WbApp
    Now when you go to set a theme in any of the preferences it will only list your "Extras". The Extras picker list is dynamic so if you noticed you missed a theme you can set it as an Extra and then immediately go to one of the preference panels and it will be in the picker list.

Oh yeah added a few more WbWeatherWidget css style sheets (30 total) and add the "Time of WbDay" theme that has the WbWeatherWidget included (don't pick both, just the Time of WbDay if that's what you want). All credit to the original creators of these themes and weather widget, blah blah blah...

Screenshots:

WbApp:

Info panel:

Patch Panel:

Prefs panel:

Prefs II panel:

Extras:

Extras Off -------------------------------------------------- Extras On

Preview panel:

Themeset panel:

WbWeatherWidget panel:

Released soon on Cydia

Change log:
    Note: if the version is not listed it was not released.

v0.68
    Compiled and tested. Works fine on 2.0.x and 2.1. Refreshed the Default.png file. Added more style sheets to the WbWeatherWidget theme, it now has a total of 30 to choose from. I have also included a modified "Time of WbDay" theme that has the WbWeatherWidget built-in (Don't select both, just the Time of WbDay, it uses your WbWeather config). If you use WbApp, please make sure to install this update.

v0.66
    Fixed a crash that would occur after you previewed about 120 themes. Added a sort to all the picker lists including the themeset picker. Reset the WbWeatherWidget default update time to "35" minutes to match original file. Revised the theme counts header to display the number of "Ext" (Extras) themes. Set the "Themes by Type" display to show the following categories, in this order; "Active", "Info", "WinterBoard", "SummerBoard" and then "Extras".

v0.65
    Added the ability to set themes as "Extras". The "Set Theme as Extra" toggle switch can be found on the preview panel of all WinterBoard themes (sorry this doesn't apply to SummerBoard themes, wait what's a 'SummerBoard'?) This allows the user to see what I call "previewable" themes in the listing (i.e. there's nothing to preview on a carrier logo, keyboard or sound theme, so why have it clutter up the listing). Once the user has set their "Extra" themes they can enable using this new list for the preferences picker. This setting can be found in the "Prefs II" panel and is called "Use 'Extras' Picklist". This makes it much faster and easier to both preview themes as well has pick "extra" themes in any of the preferences panels.
    Note: You might have to ENABLE the "Prefs II" panel as it is disabled by default.
    White 3G

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

jabbawalkee (09-15-2008), netuser (09-16-2008), Taniban (09-29-2008), trilogy069 (09-15-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

as always...thankyou.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is definitely the UI that will make winterboard even better. Thanks for the hard work!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Just installed this on 2.1 firmware as it looks like a great app. But when it resprings it just says loading and a question mark in the bubble where the weather is. I have entered London, UK as the location. What am i doing wrong?

Thanks

OMG a big Thanks you make my dream true i was wondering if their was a way to seprate them. As "Extras" as you call them were stating to take too much space, sounds, batteries, font, etc.. YOu did a a great job. Next version it will be nice if we can categories them. Like all bateries in one category, all slider in an other, etc..

Also can you work on an option to preview the sounds ? I would loev to hear sounds before i have to go through installaing them. I dont think it will be hard to immpliment a player. We click on sound and it play it.

Thanks and keep it up

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tigermad View Post
    Just installed this on 2.1 firmware as it looks like a great app. But when it resprings it just says loading and a question mark in the bubble where the weather is. I have entered London, UK as the location. What am i doing wrong?
    Perhaps nothing, the problem you describe happens occasionally and almost always a respring (old way) fixes the problem. Make sure you have Yahoo turned off. To make sure it is functioning properly try this location:
    Zip code: 06098
    Should return as Winsted, CT USA

PS I tried London, UK and it did work (Clear and 57 degrees)

PPS Thanks "netuser" for your ideas and comments. I'm already hard at work on v0.72 with "Theme Builder" but I like the idea of previewing the sound files... nice...
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 09-16-2008 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    White 3G

Thanks

You pump so fat the version that repository dont have time to put intermediate version on cydia lolzzz

Great work. Cant wait to see new funtions in your app

Can you also add an option that will allow to use Theme wallpaper as the lockscreen wall paper ? It should not be very hard to do i think you only have to duplicate the Wallpaper.png and rename it LockScreen.png (i am not sure of correct spelling) . SO basicaly the idea will be that WbApp comes with a theme called "LockScreenWallpaper". When yo activate the option, it goese into your actual main theme, copy the Wallpaper.png in "LockScreenWallpaper" and rename the png to lockscreen.png and then Activate the Theme (place it on the top of the Themes list). If you disable the option, it just tick it off.

What do you think ? can you add this please ?

In London ? it must be a bug, clear and 57 is not possible lolzzz

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post

PS I tried London, UK and it did work (Clear and 57 degrees)
    Last edited by netuser; 09-17-2008 at 03:42 AM.

Thanks

Sneak peak....

White 3G

Thanks

the apps seems nice but looks confusing

Thanks

Nice CyberGReg, will love these popup messages Are you comming somewhere about Sound preview ?

Also did you saw my message about Lockscreen background ? are you pllaning to add this in next version please ?

Alos the image name shoudl be spelled : LockBackground.png

thanks
    Last edited by netuser; 09-19-2008 at 06:41 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bensen View Post
    the apps seems nice but looks confusing
    Yup, working on that now...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [RELEASE] WbApp v0.68-clean_up.jpg  
    White 3G

Thanks

CyberGreg do you have any new about new version comming any soon ?

I had a bug in 0.68 yesterday and now it show no more Themes. I prefer to wait and install new version then reinstalling the old if it is in near futur :P

thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by netuser View Post
    CyberGreg do you have any new about new version comming any soon ?

I had a bug in 0.68 yesterday and now it show no more Themes. I prefer to wait and install new version then reinstalling the old if it is in near futur :P

thanks
    Ha, that's no bug in WbApp - you installed a bad theme and it removed the symbolic link to /Library/Themes... it's happened to me. Easy to fix through SSH.
    Instructions:
    Login via SSH
    cd /Library
    ls -l
    look for red text (OS X Terminal) and it will tell you what you have to rename the /private/var/stash/Themes folder to. You can just copy and paste it (I use Fugo, again on my Mac).

PS There's no way WbApp can rename directories...

another sneak peek...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [RELEASE] WbApp v0.68-peek0.74.jpg   [RELEASE] WbApp v0.68-peek20.74.jpg   [RELEASE] WbApp v0.68-peek30.74.jpg  
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 09-25-2008 at 10:33 PM.
    White 3G

iPhone? More like MyPhone whateverman24791's Avatar
    Thanks

love this app....job well done

Thanks

it looks too complicated for me
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

wow, this app has gotten huge... but yeah, i agree, it's getting a little complicated.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad