+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: grr, 3rd party app icons wont go away...help!

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I installed iLauncher last night and got all of my 3rd party apps and a ton of the apple apps loaded into the list, but the 3rd party icons still
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default grr, 3rd party app icons wont go away...help!
    I installed iLauncher last night and got all of my 3rd party apps and a ton of the apple apps loaded into the list, but the 3rd party icons still show up on the springboard. They aren't displayed anywhere that I can see on the display order plist. I know I saw a thread where someone else had this problem, but searching came up with nill, and i never did see a solution...anyone have any ideas?

Green Apple
    Thanks

They cant just not be on there they have to be in the <special> section of displayorder or whatever to be hidden. Cant remember off the top of my head.

Green Apple
    Thanks

nada, unless it pulls from something rather than the displayorder plist in the SB.app folder, they aren't under anything. I do have the l_icon.png icons in each app, I am wondering if deleting the icon.png file in each app would get it off of the SB (no file, no display) then using rsb to arrange the rest how I want it...anyone know of another more "correct" way to fix this problem?

Thanks
    i had the same issue... To hide your application icons you must put the application string identifier into your displayorder.plist... When u install an application it will not be listed in your displayorder.plist so u must type it in.. U have to place them under <key>special</key>... The key is to know what display identifier your app uses... To fnd this out open up the info.plist for whichever app u want to hide and look for <key>CFBundleIdentifier</> the string below this is what u will add to your special section of displayorder.plist... As an example I wanted to hide the new app icon... So I used the following in my displayorder.plist ...
    <dict>
    <key>displayIdentifier</key>
    <string>com.natetrue.iphone.nesapp</string>
    </dict>

Hope this all makes sense and helps MSG me if u need more help

5. The Following User Says Thank You to richroc For This Useful Post:

zaxonortesus (08-29-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks

GOLDEN!!! That worked swimmingly. Thanks a ton!!! Thats why this forum rocks, a wealth of info and its only been a few weeks of playing around.

Thanks
    your very much welcome... It took me about 30 mins of looking around my iPhone to figure that one out the other day.... Glad i could help!!