Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: sendFileByMail

moof,

installed the app. Created the documents folder with content. content shows up and when I tap it the option to email show up. I tap and the screen goes dark/black? Nothing happens til i press the home screen? any ideas?

is this on installer.app yet folks?

No, not yet. This is CharityWare and we would like to meet our goal. Plz contribute a couple of buck or more. You can download via link and use ssh or what ever method you prefer. Thanx for looking

Green Apple
    Thanks

This is showing up in installer now. Please folks, if you find this useful PLEASE send a donation to http://www.faithinpractice.org using FIP number 9951.

Quote Originally Posted by win1fight2 View Post
    moof,

installed the app. Created the documents folder with content. content shows up and when I tap it the option to email show up. I tap and the screen goes dark/black? Nothing happens til i press the home screen? any ideas?
    Did this issue get resolved? I haven't had this problem and I didn't know if it was a weird fluke or if you're still having a problem.
    Last edited by MrNoSox; 09-03-2007 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Got my issue resolved. Works like a charm...

Where do we make this folder? Root/Documents??
    I did that, and the other extension on the download page, installed the app, and put files in. Nothing shows up at all.

Any ideas?

-nm, i figured it out. Its located in var/root/media. no need to create any folders, its already there.

thanks guys!

One thing i did think of for future programming, wouldnt it be easier to make the program point to the pictures folder on the phone? So instead of starting ibricker, loading a file, starting this app, then sending the file, it would already be there on the phone from syncing with itunes. Just an idea.

Also does this program send anything thats in the Documents folder other than pictures?
    Last edited by meandub; 09-03-2007 at 01:29 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meandub View Post
    Also does this program send anything thats in the Documents folder other than pictures?

For sure! that's why it points to that documents folder. You can already easily attach photos to an email. That function was built into the iphone. This gives you the ability to throw any type of file you want into the Documents folder and attach it to an email. Typically this would be used for documents you email to people on a regular basis, i.e. brochures (pdf) company info sheets, sell sheets, anything that people may ask you for on the go.

Quote Originally Posted by win1fight2 View Post
    Got my issue resolved. Works like a charm...
    What did you do? Im still having the same issue. When I click send the screen goes black and after a few secs I go back to springboard...summerboard

Zen_Azazel,
    Did you getting working? If not, the problem may be a with the naming of the file. Try emailing a simple file that is supported by the iphone. Then look at the original file that is not going thru and try to rename it without any suffixes. Pm is you continue to have difficulties.

Thanks for the program.

Regarding the blank black screen issue, if seems to fail when there is a space in the file name, for example "foo bar.txt" vs. "foobar.txt".

Quote Originally Posted by gauched View Post
    Thanks for the program.

Regarding the blank black screen issue, if seems to fail when there is a space in the file name, for example "foo bar.txt" vs. "foobar.txt".
    That is why it was not working for me. The first file i tried with it had a space in it and it went to the black screen. So I thought the program didn't work very well. Read your post, moved a voicemail file over with mobile finder and it worked like a charm.

thanks for the fix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12