+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question(s) re: Launcher...

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I'm sorry if this is covered somewhere - I did several searches of the forum and couldn't find anything. I've been trying to figure out how to exclude 3rd party
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Question(s) re: Launcher...
    I'm sorry if this is covered somewhere - I did several searches of the forum and couldn't find anything.

I've been trying to figure out how to exclude 3rd party apps from displaying on the main springboard screen so that I can only access them via Launcher.

Also, I'd like to remove a couple of the stock apps from the main screen and set them to display within Launcher as well. Is this possible?

The Launcher I'm talking about is the one that is listed in the Installer app or that you can install with iBrickr.

Thanks.

Thanks

To hide apps on the homescreen you have to move or add their displayIdentifier name to the "special" section of the DisplayOrder.plist file.

To add Apple apps to Launcher, I'm not sure that's possible. Even if you change the displayIdentifier name they still do not show. It's like the Apple apps are hard coded to NOT display. I was able to get the Stocks app to show in Launcher but it is indeed a 'hack and 1/2'. I copied and renamed the Stocks.app folder to eStocks.app and I changed its displayIdentifier to com.hidden.stocks (moved it to the "special" section as well) and then removed the Stocks.app folder.

--- or you could just use iLauncher and then manually add whatever Apple apps you want.

iPhoned Home
    Thanks

Use iLauncher not launcher. iLauncher only shows the icons you want.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If you want the best of both worlds then install BOTH. Install iLauncher. This will let you create a custom "quick list" as you can specify exactly what goes in iLauncher. Install Launcher and add it to iLauncher. When you open Launcher you will get a list of ALL of the apps in your /Applications directory. I know it is an extra step but it works really well and keeps everything clean especially if you have a bunch of apps that you rarely use. Cheers.