Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New app Caterpillar hide sms and more

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Well I did a search here but it came up empty. Saw this on tuaw.com. It's called Caterpillar and it consists of 5 or 6 app's, but is only commercially
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iBlade's Avatar
    Thanks

Default New app Caterpillar hide sms and more
    Well I did a search here but it came up empty. Saw this on tuaw.com. It's called Caterpillar and it consists of 5 or 6 app's, but is only commercially aviable and that on a subscription based service. I know that sucks but oh well we will see more of this. Anyway is anybody using this? I actually am only interested in the private sms feature.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New app Caterpillar hide sms and more-privacy.png  
    Last edited by iBlade; 02-26-2008 at 11:22 AM.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Where can you find this?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

I had some problems with responsiveness of the touch screen after installing (probably a conflict with another app). Have not tried again; but some of the features look nice.

ron

My iPhone is a Part of Me iBlade's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I need only the privacy app, and $45 is a little too much for unlimited use. I would be happy if I could just disable the sms popup window. We can do so much modding but noone was able to do that. :-(
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

Thanks

Hey rkisling, I am having the same problem, i can't even uninstall it, cuz it does not respond to my touch when I press uninstall in installer, how did you remove it? Or what do you suggest? Ugh!! I knew I shouldn't have done it, but it looked really cool.
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Thanks

I had the same problem with the touch screen not being responsive, and turning the phone off and on doesnt seem to work so what works is to try one of the restart springboard applications like RESPRING or KILLBOARD, this always worked for me.. it seems that you can open and click on any application on the springboard but any button after that is unresponsive, so using programs like the ones ive stated above will restart automatically without the need to push any extra buttons so it should work.... let me know if this works for you guys as well.... and btw ive had this small glitch after jailbreaking with ziphone to 1.1.4, its never bothered me that much to install everything all over again and its fixed just by restarting the springboard at least for me

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kpace1 View Post
    I had the same problem with the touch screen not being responsive, and turning the phone off and on doesnt seem to work so what works is to try one of the restart springboard applications like RESPRING or KILLBOARD, this always worked for me.. it seems that you can open and click on any application on the springboard but any button after that is unresponsive, so using programs like the ones ive stated above will restart automatically without the need to push any extra buttons so it should work.... let me know if this works for you guys as well.... and btw ive had this small glitch after jailbreaking with ziphone to 1.1.4, its never bothered me that much to install everything all over again and its fixed just by restarting the springboard at least for me

Great idea and info, I have just restored at least 5 times so far to try and find out where the glitch is, Im really starting to believe it has something to do with another application. So far heres what I have after another restore and no hickups yet, but I'm still testing.

** IT IS OFFICIAL, DOCK IS THE CAUSE OF THE TOUCH SCREEN NOT BECOMMING RESPONSIVE, DO NOT INSTALL DOCK WITH CATERPILLAR*

Volume Boost 1.1.4
    Caterpillar 1.1
    All sources imaginable installed on installer (too many to type here)
    Cydia Packager 1.0
    Fake BSD Subsystem 2.1
    Installer 3.01
    SummerBoard 3.2
    SymbolicLinkMaker-/v...... (found in tweaks 1.1.3 or system, cant remember)
    Glass Orb 1.6
    SUID Lib Fix 1.0
    Taskbar Notifier 0.9.6-1
    MobileFinder
    MobilePreview
    SwirlyMMS
    KillBoard
    Last edited by SiLeNtKiLLa; 03-08-2008 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Added apps that cause no conflict
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

you guys must be using screenshot or dock app. Apparently those apps cause the problem you're describing. Solution is simple. SSH into your phone and delete the appropriate file under /library/ launch daemons.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwan View Post
    you guys must be using screenshot or dock app. Apparently those apps cause the problem you're describing. Solution is simple. SSH into your phone and delete the appropriate file under /library/ launch daemons.
    Dock was truly my guess, and was going to be my next to install, I have just installed MobileFinder, SwirlyMMS, and MobilePreview.... All good to go so far, About to try Dock now.... will update this info into my previous post as well.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I had these same issues and I'm not using Dock or Screenshot. My feeling is that this application just goes a bit too far "under the hood". It doesn't do enough to make me willing to spend the time troubleshooting all its incompatibilities.

Thanks

Since I couldn't get springboard or killerboard, cuz no response to touch, went in IPB, and deleted the Caterpillar files and folder, and back to normal now! Of course NOW i have springboard on my phone! heheh Thanks for all the help! Especially Kspace1, your awesome!

iPhone? More like MyPhone rasbill's Avatar
    Thanks

wow it actually gave me my 5 icons back

ok i just bought it, got the code instantly, only paid for 6 months as i dont think this will be relevant after that amount of time, works great though

id like to add im on 1.1.4 and do not have dock installed, i do have screenshot installed but am too afraid to run it to see if i have problems
    Last edited by rasbill; 03-08-2008 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't have dock installed and had the same problems....I'll let it mature a bit more before I try it again....BTW, the developer did respond quickly to my emails and offerred a refund since at that time, we weren't sure what was causing the problem (not dock)...

Thanks

OK, guys, update! I got a little brave, and reinstalled the Caterpillar, (but, only after installing Respring, hehehe on my homescreen), and the Caterpillar works fine now! No problems at all, and a really cool app actually! I am having fun with it. Oh! and yeah, I don't think it has anything to do with dock, cuz i also, don't even have that, but, maybe just a little glitch when you install it for the first time? Maybe, not sure, but, like I said, i went ahead and installed Respring, just in case, but, didn't have to use it, Caterpillar is working great! Ya'll should try it again, I bet it would work the second time around?? Ok, so again, thanks to all of you cool people for all your help! Muuaaahhh!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

I really like it. I really like the reminder function on it. Works perfectly even in sleep mod. No more checking my phone every few minutes to see if I have a text or missed call. To bad it costs so much though.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to signori For This Useful Post:

fddc (03-09-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

just updated to 1.1. the 5-icon dock said i may have to uninstall springboard (have 3.2) which i did, but even after hunting down all the springboard files and deleting the leftovers, restarting phone, reinstalling caterpillar, etc. i can't seem to get 5 icons to actually work. anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

man $45 is nuts. The only thing I like is the privacy. I have been looking for something like that forever!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Emir S.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techyogi View Post
    just updated to 1.1. the 5-icon dock said i may have to uninstall springboard (have 3.2) which i did, but even after hunting down all the springboard files and deleting the leftovers, restarting phone, reinstalling caterpillar, etc. i can't seem to get 5 icons to actually work. anyone else have this problem?
    Did you remember to actually drag a fifth icon into the dock?
    Sorry to ask but just making sure.

Since you paid for the app, you are entitled to support I'd imagine.
    If nothing works you should contact them.

Green Apple
    Thanks

doh. i was used to the way it worked in customize... yes, i ad to actually put an icon in there... simple and obvious..

thanks!