Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New app Caterpillar hide sms and more

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
ucim2cute: "Oh! by the way, what does the Opaque setting do? I mean, like what is it for??" ucim2cute: I think this is for making the icons see through lol
    iPhone? More like MyPhone dlubbat's Avatar
    Thanks

ucim2cute: "Oh! by the way, what does the Opaque setting do? I mean, like what is it for??"

ucim2cute: I think this is for making the icons see through

lol but I am not 100% sure...I am about to reinstall it and I will let you know

My iPhone is a Part of Me iBlade's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ucim2cute View Post
    Gosh! I am at work right now, and really can't remember?? Uhmm.. darn I don't wanna lie, but, I think it was applications, and just scroll down to the C's. I believe it's in there. But! First delete the files, then just the whole folder, cuz I have a feeling if you just delete the folder, the files will still be on your iphone?? Anyways, if it's not in Applications, just look in there somewhere, but, I think it was under apps.

Yeah! I too, have smbs, and taskbar notifier, and it all works really good with Caterpillar. Yaaay!

Hey, iblade, what did ya mean, by "after reading the rules, you bought the unlimited? do you get way more options or something??

Oh! by the way, what does the Opaque setting do? I mean, like what is it for??
    No not more options, but all this time I overlooked the real meaning of subscribtion somehow and thought to myself $20 for 6, $35 for 12 months. And after that it's just finished, but after that time you just get billed again automaticly so I would have to worry about unsubscribing. I did get carried away and did not see the obvious. So you buy the 6 months and say you forget about it and bam you just paid another 20 bucks. That's why I bought the unlimited version.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

Thanks

"So you buy the 6 months and say you forget about it and bam you just paid another 20 bucks. That's why I bought the unlimited version"

Dude! Soo funney you say that, cuz I am one of those people that hate automatic renewals for that same reason, cuz I will probably forget! So yesterday when I read that, about it renewing automatically, I was like ugh! I KNOW i will forget, so I instantly got on my Microsoft outlook calendar to remind me in 6 months, to either cancel a bit before, or if I am still satisfied with it, just leave it alone and let in renew! heheheh
    But, yeah, thinking about it, shoot, I should have just done the same as you, and not worry about it! Oh! Well, maybe they will add somemore cool things to it, that would be neat!
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Thanks

For all those people that do like caterpillar, I made a new icon from the default png. Enjoy. BTW it is on a transparent background.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I finally received a reply from RipDev about how to fully uninstall Caterpillar. Here's what they had to say:

Full uninstall process:

1. Remove all checks in Caterpillar
    2. Reboot the phone
    3. Uninstall from Installer app
    4. If RipDev Settings still present delete CaterpillarPrefs.bundle folder in /var/root/Library/RiPDev/PreferenceBundles/
    from browser or use command line% rm -rf /var/root/Library/RiPDev/PreferenceBundles/CaterpillarPrefs.bundle
    Unfortunately, this still does not REALLY uninstall everything. They modify several LaunchDaemons and install patches that link major parts of the phone through MobileEnhancer.dylib, so if you simply remove the file, you will pretty much debilitate the phone.

I finally had figure out how to remove it all without their assistance, and my phone is now really back to normal. I will probably never install anything from these folks again. I don't like hacks that modify the phone on such a low level, as there are too many possibilities for conflicts.

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by DaveiPhone; 03-10-2008 at 11:29 AM.

Thanks

Yep! I went ahead and purchased the unlimited, and they are refunding my money for the 6 month package I purchased yesterday! They also told me how to fix the flashing screen when i would first turn my phone on, and worked like a charm!

Boy they are super prompt in handling questions and concerns, I swear, I emailed them, and like 5 minutes later, no kidding, they emailed back with a solution! Now that's what I like!
    So iblade, that cute little icon, what is it for? That is the one that is on our phones right? Sorry, I'm a little confused, where can we use that at? Anyways, thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

@ ucim2cute

do you have either dock.app or summerboard.app installed? i finally got in touch with ripdev and they told me that those two apps cause problems for the phone and that's why we've encountered the touch problem upon entering an app. i told him that i beg to differ. i've never ever had any problems with either app until i installed caterpillar, so i feel that the problem reside more on caterpillar's end rather than dock and/or summerboard. i was able to get a refund. it's too bad as i did like the app...

also, the icon iblade made is for your springboard, if you wanted to change the original caterpillar icon to that one, you can

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jtesnani For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (03-10-2008)

Thanks

Hey guys I am using caterpillar and have also summerboard installed and use my theme and have no problems whatsoever. There are quite a few people bashing on caterpillar, but in my case it just works. Yes you can use the icon with summerboard or if you don't have summerboard installed rename it to icon.png and put it in the caterpillar.app folder in the applications directory and respring. Glad you like it ucim2cute.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to iBlade For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (03-10-2008)

Thanks

Yeah, I agree with you, cuz I DO have both! This is what they told me to do for the flashing problem, but, I did notice also, that the touch reponse was alot better after I removed this. So maybe if ya wann try this, maybe it will work?? I had felt, like the touch was kinda dragging maybe, or like, a little slow?? But, after I did this, it fixed the flashing problem, and the touch just felt right on target,like it had been before I had installed this app.

Remove the appropriate file in /Library/LaunchDaemons (named com.natetrue.dock.plist and ...screenshot.plist) and reboot your phone.

Oh! ok, i do like the little caterpillar that iblade made, better than just the head on what we have on the phone, heheh I just don't know how to change icons, still learning alot of stuff

But, yeah, i think the problem is on their side!

Ok, iblade just read what ya just posted on changing the little icon, gonna try it! Cross your fingers, cuz i always manage to screw things up! hahaha
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 03-10-2008 at 01:16 PM.

Thanks

Don't be afraid, if you need any help just ask. I wanted to say that I do use also screenshot and taskbar notifier with no problems. I put up a screenshot of my screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New app Caterpillar hide sms and more-snap_212358.png  

13. The Following User Says Thank You to iBlade For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (03-10-2008)

Thanks

Thanks iblade! Yeah, me too, i also use screenshot and taskbar notifier with no problem. Hey cool homescreen! Well, i hope the guys at Caterpillar, fix whatever is weong so more people can enjoy the app, is sucks when we like an app,and wanna use it, but it causes all sorts of problems. Well, especially this one, since they charge?? The free ones, well, they are free, so why should we complain right?

Thanks agian, Prissie

Thanks

Your most welcome Prissie. I just remembered I do use customizer too, to edit the springboard strings. Icon mods like custom dialer or different color sms bubbles, I do however change manually.
    It just doesn't end poof works also.
    Last edited by iBlade; 03-10-2008 at 01:48 PM.

Thanks

Any of you on 1.1.4?

I am still utterly baffled that noone else has figured out how to do the 5 icon dock....

Thanks

I'm on 114, and Caterpillar works well. I emailed them about them suggesting that we un-install Summerboard to get the full 'facelift' effect'. I wanted to know if their app takes care of the 80 app limit, like the new Summerboard 3.2 does, as this is the only reason I'm using Summerboard. They promptly replied that it currently doesn't, but that the next minor update would be out shortly, and that this functionality will be built-in. Yeah!

Thanks

That is good news, so far they are behind their product I like it. I am still using summerboard 3.0 and have no problems. I did notice something today, as I have also fontswap installed whatever font I choose for Lock Clock font in fontswap I can apply the same font as system font with caterpillar by choosing Lock Clock in the settings.

But please be careful I do it on 1.1.3 and it works it might not work for others.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    I'm on 114, and Caterpillar works well. I emailed them about them suggesting that we un-install Summerboard to get the full 'facelift' effect'. I wanted to know if their app takes care of the 80 app limit, like the new Summerboard 3.2 does, as this is the only reason I'm using Summerboard. They promptly replied that it currently doesn't, but that the next minor update would be out shortly, and that this functionality will be built-in. Yeah!
    Which functionality would that be supporting more than 80 apps or playing nicely with SMB and dock? Did they happen to mention what other feaures would be included? Also are you noticing that your phone is operating slowly, touch screen not functioning properly or any of the other problems people have experienced?

I want to use this badly but I hate the $45 price tag and I'm tired of having to restore, plus I'm worried about future compatability.

Green Apple
    Thanks

regarding the issue with the touch being unresponsive, i have narrowed this on my iphone to the 1.1 uCalendar. if i respring, uncheck that, restart - everything works. if i reverse this to install it again, touch is unresponsive until i respring. anyone else see this?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techyogi View Post
    regarding the issue with the touch being unresponsive, i have narrowed this on my iphone to the 1.1 uCalendar. if i respring, uncheck that, restart - everything works. if i reverse this to install it again, touch is unresponsive until i respring. anyone else see this?
    Yes this is one of the issues I emailed the developer about, also about the battery on lock screen sometimes being behind calendar rather than below calendar, and also when using the dialer, when pressing the "#" key, it turns search on and off, and that prevents you from entering short codes into the device like #646# for min check, they are looking into this as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    Which functionality would that be supporting more than 80 apps or playing nicely with SMB and dock? Did they happen to mention what other feaures would be included? Also are you noticing that your phone is operating slowly, touch screen not functioning properly or any of the other problems people have experienced?

I want to use this badly but I hate the $45 price tag and I'm tired of having to restore, plus I'm worried about future compatability.
    just try for 6 months and make a decision from there, respringing your device after a soft reset tends to solve issues. As far as a speed change on the deivce, I havent really noticed in any slow down, everything seems to work pretty well for me. I really recommend this app, and I think its worth the money, I say just give it a shot then that way you can have a better decision, but dont go off what others may think, we all have our own personal opinions and some things one can deal with that others cant.
    Last edited by SiLeNtKiLLa; 03-11-2008 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

Green Apple
    Thanks

the app looks great only problem is firmware 2.0 comes out in june and obviously the apps we have now aren't gonna be compatible with it and i'm not paying $20 dollars to use this for just 3 months.

Thanks

I aggree with you Lace, however I for one don't think will upgrade to 2.0 and let take apple controll what I can install and what not. I won2t give up my 3.rd party apps for some apps that apple will allow. Especially when no 3.rd party app is allowed to run in the background and only one app at the time can run. But maybe we will get the goods of both worlds if the hacker community come up with a solution. Let's hope for the best.