Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New app Caterpillar hide sms and more

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

So this actually works with 1.1.4? I Installed the trial version yesterday and it did nothing but give me headaches and locked up my phone so I had to do a fresh restore. Luckily I had just upgraded to 1.1.4 so I didn't loose much time and effort.

So are you saying that everything should work perfectly on 1.1.4 if I haven't installed any other apps??

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

So we're still not sure the exact problem with this application? i've had it for a few days, it locked up my touch when going into apps, as described above, so i had to restore/rejailbreak, etc, then happened AGAIN, when i installed customize manually. restored/rejailbreak again and have been afraid to reinstall the app although i do think it's a great one. my guess is that it isn't one specific app that isn't compatible with it, but more that any app that alters any system files CAN cause this problem.

now, the respring method definitely works? i'd like to reinstall the app again but not if i have to restore if this problem occurs...thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ive been using this since i was on 1.1.3 upgraded to 1.1.4 and it has worked like a charm all the time. ive never had problem using this program. i used screen shot and it works fine with all the apps.
    Last edited by chronzz; 03-11-2008 at 12:11 AM.

I think I will go for it too, used the 2 day trial with no problems. But now comes the question 6, 12 or unlimited. I am not worried about fw 2.0 in june because I think that apple will put too many restrictions for 3 rd party apps. And we will be starting paying for apps anyway. I know $45 is a lot, but I also paid $800 for my 8GB and $775 for my 16GB here in Turkey because you cannot buy from apple.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

I cannot believe that no one can make this app for free, just asking myself what this guys know that no one knows...this app is perfect and there is no developers that can do the same thing...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Busha View Post
    I cannot believe that no one can make this app for free, just asking myself what this guys know that no one knows...this app is perfect and there is no developers that can do the same thing...
    He/she must work for apple.....

I'm ecstatic just about the 5 dock icons....I thought it couldn't be done!!! And I love the calendar items on the lock screen.

Anyway just restored for the 4th time to 1.1.4 (Ziphone) and I just installed caterpillar, nothing else, and it appears to be working just fine. I'm anxious to begin loading other apps.....One thiing I'm upset about is when I installed it yesterday I couldn't use it, but now I only have one day left on my trial...that ain't right......

Now if caterpillar incorporated the abilities of Customize, Summerboard or iSwitcher, MIM, Categories, and Poof....MY $45 WOULD BE GOOD AS GONE!!!!! Then it would most definitely be worth it.
    Last edited by ripped53; 03-09-2008 at 05:53 PM.

Problem with it is that it doesn't play well with SMB yet you need SMB to apply themes.
    Another issue I truly dislike is that uninstalling is not as easy as running the uninstall as a lot of the stuff sticks.

If it was around $10 or even $20 I'd praise it to the sky. For $45 I can buy a lot of useful stuff.

Thanks

Haven't tried either SMB or iswitcher yet....Who is the developer? there isn't much info on the site, but I believe someone said customer support is rather good....

But youre right $45 is a bit much. I would think for that much it would be a total one stop shop for cosmetic iphone enhancements.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kutrackkid's Avatar
    Thanks

how would i go about uninstalling this? its giving me a lot of problems and i dont want to restore...

i tried uninstalling via installer but everything is still there. where in SSH maybe do i need to go and delete?

thanks guys
    -20" iMac 2.2 Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -13" MB 2.2 Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -iPhone 3G 8GB
    -Canon 50D

Thanks

"now, the respring method definitely works? i'd like to reinstall the app again but not if i have to restore if this problem occurs...thanks"

Yeah, it does work, believe me, i had to go into Iphonebrowser and delete the files and the whole folder of Caterpillar, then installed Respring, then again re-installed Caterpillar, so if it got stuck again, you just hit Respring, and fixes the problem, haven't had the problem since!

"Problem with it is that it doesn't play well with SMB yet you need SMB to apply themes"

I still have the SMBS on and Caterpillar, and they work fine together! No problems at all!

I went ahead and bought the 6month package, I really like it alot, since no more problems with it! hehehe

BUT, I don't see the 5 icon dock thing? Did I have to buy the unlimited to be able to see this? Just wondering?? Also, when i turn my phone off, then back on, it flashes a few times, with really cute tiny dots all colors, then opens my homescreen, does this happen to anyone else? It doesn't cause any problems or anything, just wondering if that was normal?

Well, I hope I helped someone, cuz I have been helped alot by some of you guys, so thanks a bunch!! Muuuaahh!
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ucim2cute For This Useful Post:

dlubbat (03-10-2008), jtesnani (03-09-2008)

Thanks

where would i go in iPhone broswer to delete this program??
    -iPhone 3G 8GB
    -Canon 50D

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

the 5 icon dock is built into "Facelift" so make sure you choose that one and turn it on in settings.

thanks for your response

Thanks

OK for some strange reason I cannot SSH into my phone using winscp...anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening. I've got BSD and openSSH installed along with Caterpillar and Boss Tools.....1.1.4 unlocked and JB using the latest Ziphone...thanks

Well folks I could not wait any longer and bought the unlimited version. I was going to buy the 6 month subscription but after reading the rules, went the fiinal way. It does go deep into the system that's for sure. Just before buying it I installed the new game NOIZ2SA which is a shooter game from the ipod touch fans repo and it messed up my icons. So I uninstalled it but my icons where still messed up. Then after buying and activating caterpillar plus restarting all my icons were fixed and in their old position. Go figure. I have it on 1.1.3 if anyone has questions hit me up.

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    OK for some strange reason I cannot SSH into my phone using winscp...anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening. I've got BSD and openSSH installed along with Caterpillar and Boss Tools.....1.1.4 unlocked and JB using the latest Ziphone...thanks
    I have no problems with winscp on 1.1.3, I also have the same stuff as you. Even summerboard and my theme is working. Have you bought the app or are you using the trial? Try uninstalling and installing following a immdiate restart after installation, maybe that will fix it. Also try turning SSH off and back on again with Boss Prefs.

I also have TaskBar Notifier installed and it works along of caterpillar.
    Last edited by iBlade; 03-09-2008 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kutrackkid View Post
    Gosh! I am at work right now, and really can't remember?? Uhmm.. darn I don't wanna lie, but, I think it was applications, and just scroll down to the C's. I believe it's in there. But! First delete the files, then just the whole folder, cuz I have a feeling if you just delete the folder, the files will still be on your iphone?? Anyways, if it's not in Applications, just look in there somewhere, but, I think it was under apps.

Yeah! I too, have smbs, and taskbar notifier, and it all works really good with Caterpillar. Yaaay!

Hey, iblade, what did ya mean, by "after reading the rules, you bought the unlimited? do you get way more options or something??

Oh! by the way, what does the Opaque setting do? I mean, like what is it for??
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 03-09-2008 at 08:21 PM.
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by kutrackkid View Post
    I would be very careful trying to delete this app manually. It stores stuff all over the phone, and intercepts some key areas in a way that will likely render your phone unbootable if you simply delete their files via SSH.

Unfortunately, their uninstaller scripts are very incomplete and leave behind a ton of stuff. In addition, DO NOT use Installer.app to uninstall this without first uninstalling all the options with the Caterpillar app. If you do, you'll discover you have a nasty mess when the app suddenly expires. If you already have, go back and reinstall it with Installer.app, then run Caterpillar and Uninstall all the options before using Installer to remove it again.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveiPhone For This Useful Post:

jtesnani (03-09-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

wow that's really good suggestion. Thanks. So you use this app as well?

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

So why has someone not looked at the way caterpiller makes the 5-icon dock possible and just release that?
    iLive an iLife

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    wow that's really good suggestion. Thanks. So you use this app as well?
    No, I tried the demo for a couple of days, but when all was said and done, I found more to dislike than like:

1) stability of my phone was greatly compromised. It was rock solid before installing this, but afterward it had periods of non-responsiveness and difficulty waking.

2) The only item I really ended up caring about was the 5-icon reflective dock, which to its credit, worked perfectly.

When I had the only the dock hack installed, the phone was stable again, but it certainly is not worth $45 to me.

Thanks

i just did a restore my phone was doing insane crazy stuff
    -iPhone 3G 8GB
    -Canon 50D

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast