Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone on your mac....App Idea...

Default iPhone on your mac....App Idea...
    Hey all ya coders, I have an idea for a good app for the iPhone, that also be very helpfull in typing sms, aim or email, anyway the idea comes from an app i used to have when i owned the Compaq iPaq handheld. there was an app for windows that you wouldinstall on both your windows box and the iPaq, it would emulate the iPaq on your windows screen, alowing you to use your ipaq from your PC, also allowing you to use your mouse and keyboard to navigate, this would be awsome to see come to the iPhone, this way you could just dock the phone, and type freely in aim, or write emails from your iphone. Just an idea...

I'm guessing that the app you're referring to on the iPaq installed some sort of Remote Desktop functionality on the iPaq that let it be viewed and controlled by the PC.

Since such software is available on the Mac (Apple Remote Desktop, Timbuktu), this should technically be possible, but because of the low levels it would have to operate at, might be some time in development.

Quote Originally Posted by joemasta View Post
    Hey all ya coders, I have an idea for a good app for the iPhone, that also be very helpfull in typing sms, aim or email, anyway the idea comes from an app i used to have when i owned the Compaq iPaq handheld. there was an app for windows that you wouldinstall on both your windows box and the iPaq, it would emulate the iPaq on your windows screen, alowing you to use your ipaq from your PC, also allowing you to use your mouse and keyboard to navigate, this would be awsome to see come to the iPhone, this way you could just dock the phone, and type freely in aim, or write emails from your iphone. Just an idea...

forgive my ignorance, but why would we be talking on aim on our iphone if we have a computer right infront of us? Same with email? i'm not bashing the idea at all as i would like to see this done

i guess it would be more for keyboard access, maybe for notes you want to keep on the phone, or replying to mail that is on your phone that is for some reason noplace else, also games and such....

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah...motorola has an app for windows that does just about this same thing for their phones (MPT?)

I have also seen an exact emulator for WM6 phones....which shows all of the actions that are happening on the phone...on the computer screen and also allows control via the computer of the phone.

this is definitely something that people would use...
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable