Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will App for Food!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Smile Will App for Food!!
    I've noticed alot of people like myself indicating that they would pay for a particular app to be created. I admire the fact that the dev team and individual programmers are creating apps and making them available at no cost. However, could a forum or MMI page be created where members could post their app request or update request along with their donation...(ie)

MMS-$20.00
    Book/Document Reader with PDF support-$20.00
    Gameboy Emulator-$15.00

The request could be more detailed based on need. the amount just insures the app to be created, but then still make it available to everyone. I want my apps so bad that I'll pay for it. I think this would help channel in more member driven apps and also help those individuals who do the coding. We're funding the effort without giving in to the industry.

There would probably need to be a cap put on donations so that everyone could benefit from the effort(Not just those swimming in iphone money)

Any thoughts????

I agree with you. I know I just posted a topic saying I'd pay for a to do list

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd also gladly send over $20 and many thanks for functional MMS, and I would love an application to store passwords and the like...
    Come on, who wants some money

(btw I know its not that easy and plenty of people are already working on solutions to our dilemmas, but I'm willing to throw a few bucks that can hopefully be pooled with lots of other people to compensate some generous programmers)
    Last edited by lifesmymachine; 08-28-2007 at 11:31 AM. Reason: addendum

Most projects have a donate page but i guess you want insuarance

Book/Document Reader with PDF support-$20.00
    Gameboy Emulator-$15.00

They already have these apps.

One is called Books
    Second is called Preview it reads documents and PDF files
    Third is called NES

I hope this helps you.
    Go into the download sections, you should see them for download.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    That was just a list for examples. The idea is to have something for the community to see and actively participate in. It could also show us who has accepted which jobs and their current status. Everything would be listed so we wouldn't keep seeing new threads for the same app request over and over again. Title it "Now Hiring" and maybe we can get the guy who wrote "Human Interface Guidelines" to chip in with design work.

Do we have any takers??? Anybody out there??? Hello Moderators!!!
    Last edited by gravytrain; 08-28-2007 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I would LOVE (and pay for) two apps:

Bible (King James Version--searchable please!)

Password Storing.

that's not the way it goes, you make the app first and but a donation link on the topic. if people find it useful and great I am sure they will have no problem donating for your hard work.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    right, but we are trying to get our ideas into reality sooner. We have no way of knowing who is working on what. I would like to know that someone has accepted my offer and is currently working to that goal. First one to finish......thank you,take my money. We aren't the coders, we are the clients. Maybe I should have said:

I will pay someone to create the following apps:

MMS/$20
    Real standalone PDF/document reader/$20