Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: (Installer)Question: Does displaying mismatched icons on Homescreen bug you?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default (Installer)Question: Does displaying mismatched icons on Homescreen bug you?
    Ok, so I was thinking tonight, with every new app that come out(recently, iRCm, ApolloIM, rSBT and MobileRSS) and somebody installs it, that new is now added onto the homescreen if there is room because of the fact it isn't put into the special section in the displayorder.plist.

Does it bug you guys if an icon(from another theme maybe) you didn't want on the homescreen is there?

I ask because with every new program that comes out, I will need to add that program to the displaylist.plist in every theme from my source in Installer. That is the only way to keep the themes looking like they should.

If you guys don't care then I will leave them as be and continue pumping out different themes(these will have the add programs so they look right) and you can maybe use the rSBT program to put the 3 icons in the order you want on the older themes.

EDIT: can't seem to get a poll working,lol.
    Last edited by HighTymes; 08-27-2007 at 11:27 PM.

i know it bugs me when i install something from Installer and it overwrites my damn DisplayList that i did up myself..... thats annoyin
    iPhone 3G 8GB (2.0.2), iPhone 2G 8GB (2.0.2)

Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo 15inch, 4GB Ram

Intel E8400 Core2Duo 3.0ghz (OC 3.8ghz)
    4gb DDR2 Ram
    500gb RAID0
    GeForce 8800GTS 640mb

i doesnt bug me, for the reason that, i dont put ANY of those icons on my homescreen... imho if your gonna do that, your gonna be doing a lot of changes every week. and how will you decide which ones stays and which ones goes. so i have launcher and install on my homescreen and the 12 regular icons, i launch every new app via launcher and be done with it, icons dont really matter at that point. imho very stable solution.
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Retired ModMyi.com Moderator

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/laynem

Reviewed Apps:
    Oregon Trail, Who Has The Biggest Brain, Lock Puzzle, Tweetie

Want an app reviewed? PM me with the app name

4. The Following User Says Thank You to arthursdomain For This Useful Post:

TechniQue (08-28-2007)

Its the most annoying thing about modding the iphone. Is there anyway someone can make it so only launcher shows up or we can choose which ones we want to show up on the home screen?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arthursdomain View Post
    i doesnt bug me, for the reason that, i dont put ANY of those icons on my homescreen... imho if your gonna do that, your gonna be doing a lot of changes every week. and how will you decide which ones stays and which ones goes. so i have launcher and install on my homescreen and the 12 regular icons, i launch every new app via launcher and be done with it, icons dont really matter at that point. imho very stable solution.

If I had the choice I would only have installer and launcher on the home screen too but that also means there is two spots on the screen where a newly installed app will fill that spot in until the plist is edited and told to not show up.

I wonder if there is away to add an identifier to the icon list at the end that doesn't refer to any program or icon? That would mean no hidden icons would have to be made or plist edited anymore. Probably wouldnt work though.