+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BlueSocket Authenticator

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Just wanted to let you guys know that I have created BlueSocket Authenticator Native iPhone/iPod Touch application because I was annoyed that my phone would constantly log me off everytime
    Thanks

Default BlueSocket Authenticator
    Just wanted to let you guys know that I have created BlueSocket Authenticator Native iPhone/iPod Touch application because I was annoyed that my phone would constantly log me off everytime it went to sleep.

BlueSocket Authenticator is intended for people who roam on wireless networks with BlueSocket authentication. Many businesses and universities use BlueSocket and it can be extremely frustrating to have to open a web browser and log in every time a valid user wants to use the wireless network. Especially on the iPhone/iPod Touch because you have to re-authenticate every time the device goes to sleep.

The purpose of this program is simple: One-click authentication to BlueSocket enabled networks.

BlueSocket Authenticator for iPhone/iPod Touch
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Melloware Inc.
    Bringing Microsoft and Apple Together!
    http://www.melloware.com
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melloware For This Useful Post:

JAX (09-11-2008), ltjbigshot (09-29-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    wow, this was absolutely perfect timing. i'm on call at my university hospital (i'm a med student), and this was getting pretty annoying.

quick question: does this only log you in once you unlock your phone? or will my phone still be able to check e-mail thru wifi while my phone is unlocked?
    Last edited by itzcoolz; 09-09-2008 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following User Says Thank You to itzcoolz For This Useful Post:

Melloware (09-29-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

thanks again for making this! sorry you beat me to adding the details about it. i was going to do it last night but got caught up with some work.

anyway, i appreciate it! it's a big help!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itzcoolz View Post
    wow, this was absolutely perfect timing. i'm on call at my university hospital (i'm a med student), and this was getting pretty annoying.

quick question: does this only log you in once you unlock your phone? or will my phone still be able to check e-mail thru wifi while my phone is unlocked?
    That is correct. Apple does not allow any API to happen when the phone wakes up. You will have to click the icon but I have an AutoClose property so if successful the app just flashes and leaves you on the home screen. About as convenient as it gets!

Thanks
    This app rules! We run Bluesocket at our University on the one side of campus, and this is a life-saver to me.. Great work!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to anarchydude For This Useful Post:

Melloware (09-29-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anarchydude View Post
    This app rules! We run Bluesocket at our University on the one side of campus, and this is a life-saver to me.. Great work!
    AnarchyDude! Three things...

1. I live in your hood as I am from Philadelphia and I see you are at Kutztown/Reading area.

2. What school do you go to that uses BlueSocket? And do you mind spreading the word your other friends at school with iPods and iPhones? I get a lot of my BlueSocket downloads word of mouth by people on campus.

3. Do you mind doing an AppStore Review of BlueSocket?

Thanks!

Melloware
    Last edited by Melloware; 09-29-2008 at 04:42 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Melloware For This Useful Post:

anarchydude (10-01-2008)

Thanks
    Didn't know you were local! Great to hear!

I go to Kutztown University. We use bluesocket on the academic portion of campus, and a couple spots on the residential side. Otherwise the rest of the residential side is a different network.

I've already been telling the rest of the guys I work with and others on campus about it. I'll definitely write a review in the Appstore when I get a chance to.

Thanks

I am a PA State school alumni too. Went to Bloomsburg U and played at Kutztown for away soccer and lacrosse games. Small world huh?

Thanks in advance for spreading the word on campus and the AppStore review!