Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Swap Photo Library app

Thanks guys, I found it and installed it...but I don't understand how to use it...

When I click on the Icon it says "Swapping your photo library" but then it goes back to springboard after about 10 seconds...Is there a guide that shows you how to use it somewhere?

Thanks for everyone's help...

EDIT*** NVM...I got it!
    Last edited by BrianJ; 01-03-2008 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    I love having the "public" and "personal" librarys for both photos and movies....hehehehe

This app and swaptunes is one of the main reasons I havent upgraded to 1.1.2

Never tried using the same computer and iTunes, I've always used my desktop and laptop. Reseting the sync options is only a one time thing isn't it or does it have an effect on contacts and calender info?
    They both work fine for me on 1.1.2

Thanks

I came across the neatest trick the other night. I used Swaptunes and then connected to iTunes. I set it up as a new iPhone and called it Private iPhone. Now I have two libraries "iPhone" and "Private iPhone" each with their own settings and selections, through the same computer.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

is there a version of this for video?

Thanks

Swaptunes will work for Music, Video and Photos

I got it to work for Music and Video, but it doesn't seem to work for photos...

Thanks

What's happening?

The photos don't switch, they just stay the same...

Thanks

Zoinks. My apologies, I forgot I merged SwapTunes and SwapPhotos into one App. I didn't make it available here cause I'd just get flamed.

I'd love a combined app if you could post it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arcsbite View Post
    I'd love a combined app if you could post it
    Ok, here it is. And in order to clarify for those over-reactive people, I did not author these Apps (Swaptunes & SwapPhotos), I simply merged them into one App for myself. I'm happy to share, but flame me, and its gone.
    Attached Files Attached Files

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

tammoto (01-30-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    DL'ing it before its gone

Thx a lot. This would simplify things... Rather than pressing 2 buttons, I can just press one.

Update: Works great, thx once again.

Perhaps the authors of SwapTunes and SwapPhoto should just merge their apps for efficiency.
    Last edited by gaz; 01-03-2008 at 09:13 PM.

i'm the "author" of the original SwapPhoto.app, though all i did was modify the original SwapTunes.app so i cant take much credit. feel free to post modified version up here, just note changes. i can speak for the author of SwapTunes, but i'm sure he doesn't mind either.
    feel free to hack apart and modify SwapPhoto to your hearts content, if nothing else, it will give you a better understanding of terminal commands and scripting.

biggest reason i released a separate version was i only wanted to swap the photo library not the music...

might wanna give the combo app a new name to avoid confusion. SwapCombo maybe? SwapAll...
    Last edited by yomomma; 01-04-2008 at 09:32 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yomomma View Post

might wanna give the combo app a new name to avoid confusion. SwapCombo maybe? SwapAll...
    Heya yomomma, I was thinking SwapLibrary. But as the last time I modded a file, I got flame after flame of how I "stole somebody else's work" and "pretended I was the author", blah blah blah. When there was no implication of such. So I just left it as SwapTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Heya yomomma, I was thinking SwapLibrary. But as the last time I modded a file, I got flame after flame of how I "stole somebody else's work" and "pretended I was the author", blah blah blah. When there was no implication of such. So I just left it as SwapTunes.
    yea its amazing how retarded people are on some stuff. i can see if they wrote some revolutionary code, sure they need credit, but when its a simple script that anyone could figure out, wtf eh.... but whatever, i dont care if anyone modifies this and reposts it... so feel free.

I Tried Both apps, SwapTunes Modified and SwapPhoto...neither one of them does anything to the photos. I'm running 1.1.1 firmware

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sadow View Post
    I Tried Both apps, SwapTunes Modified and SwapPhoto...neither one of them does anything to the photos. I'm running 1.1.1 firmware
    In order for the SwapPhotos to work, you must A) Sync the iPhone to two different computers or B) Sync the iPhone to one computer under two different names.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    I came across the neatest trick the other night. I used Swaptunes and then connected to iTunes. I set it up as a new iPhone and called it Private iPhone. Now I have two libraries "iPhone" and "Private iPhone" each with their own settings and selections, through the same computer.
    Tried this and the iphone was still recognized under the same name. How did you create separate names? It did recognize the different media but I'm not sure of what will happen if I sync. I'm sure it will proceed to erase something since I originally synced with a separate computer, but I haven't tried it yet. Did you start with a clear library when you performed Swaptunes?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    Tried this and the iphone was still recognized under the same name. How did you create separate names? It did recognize the different media but I'm not sure of what will happen if I sync. I'm sure it will proceed to erase something since I originally synced with a separate computer, but I haven't tried it yet. Did you start with a clear library when you performed Swaptunes?
    No, I had a full 5.79GB library. When you run swaptunes, it basically renames your library from iTunes_Control to iTunes_Control_2, nothing is erased. The next time you sync, iTunes will see there is no iTunes_Control folder (because its been renamed) and assume you're syncing a new iPhone. It will then ask you to name your new iPhone. I called it Private iPhone.

When you run swaptunes again, just like its namesake, it will rename iTunes_Control_2 back to iTunes_Control, and iTunes_Control to iTunes_Control_2. Swapping them.

This way, you have two separate (as far as iTunes is concerned) iPhone libraries, and you can configure each differently.

I ran swapphoto and then connected to itunes to create a new photo library, but it stills recognizes my phone. Suggestions?

Eurisko, I also installed your version of SwapTunes, and it's not creating the iTunes_Control 2 folder after swapping (I checked with Finder).
    Last edited by cgonz61070; 01-07-2008 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast