+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] WbApp v0.63 w/WbWeatherWidget

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
[RELEASE] WbApp v0.63, now with WbWeatherWidget (and Themesets). First, sorry about the other so called "releases", MMi was ready it was on my end. Hopefully this release will make up
    Thanks

Default [RELEASE] WbApp v0.63 w/WbWeatherWidget
    [RELEASE] WbApp v0.63, now with WbWeatherWidget (and Themesets).

First, sorry about the other so called "releases", MMi was ready it was on my end. Hopefully this release will make up for it.

WbWeatherWidget allows you to configure that cool new Weather Widget without getting your fingertips all "ucky" with SSH, html and javascript code...

I take NO CREDIT for the Weather app, just that it is now hopefully usable by us mere mortals... I'll link to the thread in a sec but suffice it to say the weather widget uses WinterBoard's html wallpaper functionality and will display the weather info you configure. There are a ton of options and manually configuring some text is only fun for so long... You can't load any other html wallpaper when using WbWeatherWidget theme however as shown in the other thread it's fairly easy to combine two into one. In fact WbWeatherWidget goes one better and provides the necessary templates (see the "Files 4 HTML Themes" folder inside the theme folder). Suffice it to say you can link your other html wallpapers to all use the same (WbWeatherWidget) code so when you update your weather settings they will take effect in all your themes, if you so choose. You'll have to do the setup yourself but once configured it works great!

Themesets allow you to save your active WinterBoard configuration as a "set". This set can then be loaded at the touch of a button anytime you want. Themesets can even be created by using the WinterBoard app to bypass the limitation of nine active theme settings currently in WbApp. The themeset will save all "active" settings displayed in WbApp. You can also delete a themeset. This DOES NOT delete ANY themes, merely the listing in the themeset file.

Oh yeah added a "Prefs II" panel for those that want or need more that 9 themes, this adds 8 more for a total of 17.

Note: If your active themes list two of the same theme as I have shown in the screenshots it means you have a duplicate theme name, most likely in the SummerBoard themes location. This theme WILL NEVER load and you might as well remove it.

Note 2: Themesets WILL NOT save you WbWeather settings, only the name of the theme you load.

Screenshots:

WbApp:

Info panel:

Patch Panel:

Prefs panel:

Prefs II panel:

Preview panel:

Themeset panel:

WbWeatherWidget panel:

Released soon on Cydia

Change log:
    Note: if the version is not listed it was not released.

v0.63
    Revised code to auto-update if using any older version of the prefs file. Tweaked and added several more style sheets to the WbWeatherWidget theme (24 total). Added a Transparent StatusBar theme to use along with the weather widget.

v0.61
    Added WbWeatherWidget theme and configuration panel. This allows complete configuration of the html weather widget that can be used with WinterBoard. I noticed there was much frustration on the MMi forum and thought that WbApp was the perfect vehicle to provide an end-user tool to properly code the text files. I take NO CREDIT for this cool weather widget, just in providing hopefully an easy to use way for anyone to utilize this functionality.

v0.59
    Code clean-up and grammatical corrections. Built and tested for release. Revised defaults; replaced Saurik with Transparent Dock which is in WinterBoard. revised the "+Patch" info panel to reduce confusion on this feature. Revised and updated WbApp info panels.
    Please note: If you see TWO themes of the same name listed under the "Active" type, this is an indication that you have duplicate themes, most likely one is a WinterBoard theme and one is a SummerBoard theme. The duplicate (SummerBoard) theme will never load and you should remove it as it's just taking up space :-)

v0.57
    Added ThemeSets; themesets allow you to save your active WinterBoard configuration as a "set". This set can then be loaded at the touch of a button anytime you want. Themesets can even be created by using the WinterBoard app to bypass the limitation of nine active theme settings currently in WbApp. The themeset will save all "active" settings displayed in WbApp. I have also added the ability to delete a themeset. This DOES NOT delete ANY themes, merely the listing in the themeset file. This required a revision of the "Info: Prefs" panel, the prefs file and functionality to allow the user to turn off this new feature.
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 09-05-2008 at 09:41 PM.
    White 3G

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

.:MirrorminD:. (09-11-2008), birdtales (09-06-2008), bruinsrme (10-20-2008), jabbawalkee (09-06-2008), mikeymcco (09-06-2008), netuser (09-06-2008), skblut (09-08-2008), tommy0486 (09-05-2008), vish265 (09-08-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Looks awesome, nice work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    is there a way to add 2 weather widgets with different cities? cuz i tried and it only shows one of them. depending which one is higher on the Winterboard list will show up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeagby View Post
    is there a way to add 2 weather widgets with different cities? cuz i tried and it only shows one of them. depending which one is higher on the Winterboard list will show up.
    NO, not in its current form. Could someone re-write all the javascript to allow two cities? Perhaps but not me.
    White 3G

Thanks

Thanks so much CyberGreg your app is becoming awesome

Thanksssssssssssssssssss

For multilpe city it is only posible if you do manually, you have to create one theme with several subtheme. Then duplicate the weather theme (ut only one should be named wallpaper.html) other should be name differently. But that part is for manual so nothing to do with WbApp topic :P

CyberGreg will you add in next version Analog Clock please ? And weather on Top bar ? Also will be nice if you can add an option to let us choose where to place widget, hide show description, etc...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    so is it out on cydia yet?

Thanks

i dont see it yet refreshing like mad since this morning lolzzzz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by netuser View Post
    Thanks so much CyberGreg your app is becoming awesome

Thanksssssssssssssssssss

For multilpe city it is only posible if you do manually, you have to create one theme with several subtheme. Then duplicate the weather theme (ut only one should be named wallpaper.html) other should be name differently. But that part is for manual so nothing to do with WbApp topic :P

CyberGreg will you add in next version Analog Clock please ? And weather on Top bar ? Also will be nice if you can add an option to let us choose where to place widget, hide show description, etc...
    Once you see the app you'll see that the location and type of display is all determined by the css stylesheets, for both the LOCK screen and the Wallpaper (HOME screen). These are both selectable (really crappy form layout I know but I wanted it all on one panel, sorry) and you can add your own css stylesheets to the themes Stylesheets (/Library/Themes/WbWeatherWidget.theme/Private/Stylesheets) folder and they will show up in the selector (3rd image in the WbWeather set). There are several Statusbar type css stylesheets already included in the app.

Regarding the clock, if that is accomplished by a css stylesheet, see above If you have to update the javascript files then I'm not sure we'll be messing with them with WbApp. Let me know "how" to add the clock. I've noticed on a few occaisions that html wallpapers can really slow down your device so I think less is more...

Edit: I was actually thinking about two cities and the easiest way is to make two different configureMe.js files and set the Lockbackground.html file to use the second one (like configureMe2.js). Obviously they would not be displayed together but when you go to unlock it "should" list the one from configureMe2.js and then once on the homescreen it "should" display the one from configureMe.js.

Of course this is from an html/js moron that can't even get the weather to work (edit: work correctly that is, I can get the weather to be displayed but as with Time of Day, it doesn't update the wallpaper) with ANY of the other html WinterBoard wallpapers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [RELEASE] WbApp v0.63 w/WbWeatherWidget-cssbuttons.jpg  
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 09-06-2008 at 10:13 AM. Reason: added image
    White 3G

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

mikeymcco (09-06-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

how do we download and install this? lol... i have been looking throughout this thread and do not see a download, hehe...

thanks in advance.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gom33 View Post
    how do we download and install this? lol... i have been looking throughout this thread and do not see a download, hehe...

thanks in advance.
    Will be available on Cydia soon...
    White 3G

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

man I CAN'T WAIT! lol...
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Thanks
    Up Now!!!!

Thanks

it is amazing a littel complicated the first time. But once you pass some minute playing with it. It become awesome

thanks so much for this great app keep it up

maz
    Thanks

[QUOTE=netuser;2094211]Thanks so much CyberGreg your app is becoming awesome

Thanksssssssssssssssssss

Hi mate!
    Cool if it´s possible!!?? Can u plz explain a little more details about how to do!? It had been great thx.
    For example what do u mean with this: "you have to create one theme with several subtheme"???.....and so on....?

(u can find me in the Weather widget thread too at: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/news/32...ml#post2101551 )
    //Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

Thanks

ok give me a minute let me do some tests etc.. and I ll post detail and an example in other thread as I said beofre it will be manual and you wont be able to use WbApp to do the setings. Maybe Author can see my example and add the option in next version.

Follow me on other thread.
    Last edited by netuser; 09-07-2008 at 10:35 AM.

maz
    Thanks

ok give me a minute let me do some tests etc.. and I ll post detail and an example in other thread as I said beofre it will be manual and you wont be able to use WbApp to do the setings. Maybe Author can see my example and add the option in next version.

Cool! I go there now!! Thx!
    //Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP

Thanks

Okay, I have these three themes all working properly with WbWeather:
    Time of Day
    Illuminated
    iHour

Meaning you can set and update the WbWeather widget and when you use them they rotate the wallpaper and display the weather.

The last one I'm struggling with is Color Fading theme. I got it to function, it would cycle through the colored wallpapers and it would display the weather icon but the text was like behind the image and would only display very briefly when the wallpapers changed.

I'll clean-up the other three and post them if anyone is interested. I add "Wb" to the name to keep them separate from the original ones.

PS Can someone post a picture of the lock screen and the "HugeBubble" setting? Thanks

Actually, if you are changing the Wallpaper.js and the two weather sources files you WILL still be able to configure it with WbApp; all I do is write out the configureMe.js file. Of course if you wanted this as some sort of toggle switch to turn on/off this analog clock then the app would have to be updated.
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 09-07-2008 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    White 3G

Thanks

Trying to do , it seem for timebeing i cant embed 2 html, have to find the way to make it work. Will post it once i am sucessfull.

Ok Good news I made it Work Give ma a minute , i ll post here first you can test and CyberGreg can check how he can automatise it

Look screen shot

here is the zip :

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

How it works the top one is in the main folder the bottom one is in the subfolder inside private folder called "WeatherWidget" Now you can jsut play with CSS to place where you want and how you want

Have fun and do give feedback and also share your CSS also if you make nice one
    Last edited by netuser; 09-07-2008 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

maz
    Thanks

Trying to do , it seem for timebeing i cant embed 2 html, have to find the way to make it work. Will post it once i am sucessfull.

Ok Good news I made it Work Give ma a minute , i ll post here first you can test and CyberGreg can check how he can automatise it

Look screen shot

here is the zip :

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

How it works the top one is in the main folder the bottom one is in the subfolder inside private folder called "WeatherWidget" Now you can jsut play with CSS to place where you want and how you want

Have fun and do give feedback and also share your CSS also if you make nice one
    Looks great mate! Really great.
    If I wanna have it as my screenshot but with TWO weather icons same same beside each other with different locations of coz!!?? How to do?? Can u help me with that I will be happy as a kid thx. I have tried with out success Good work man.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [RELEASE] WbApp v0.63 w/WbWeatherWidget-img_0006.png  
    Last edited by maz; 09-08-2008 at 12:12 AM.
    //Hack´z

Thanks

You have to edit the CSS file top and left margin , it is not very hard. Just play arround and you ll see it is easy

If you are still not successfull I ll help you. But best way is to learn. Thats what I try to do

I am on work now will wait your feedback on your success :P

Good luck