+ Reply
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [2.0 - Release] iBlacklist - Call/SMS filtering application

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@spektro: an OT question...

with 2.1 *finally* all my contact's tel numbers are formatted correctly (I live in italy) but... all the brasilian ones are, now, +55 (11) xxxx-xxxx

the question is... will they work when I come back to brasil (I usually buy a brasilian chip)?
    (hopefully very soon :-)

(se você morar em sampa... sua caipirinha, e aquela do daniel, já são pagas ;-)
    Last edited by pl_svn; 09-18-2008 at 06:00 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hi pl_svn

Yes, i tested it here in Brasil, since i started the older versions and it will work with no problems.

(Não moro em SP, mas sempre estou de role por lá )

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

... thank you spektro :-)

(então... antes de viajar, ainda não sei quando... um mês... dois no maxímo...vou te dar "um toque" para email ;-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i cant use the luetooth it does synchro with other fons can anybody help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post
    Hi pl_svn

Yes, i tested it here in Brasil, since i started the older versions and it will work with no problems.

(Não moro em SP, mas sempre estou de role por lá )
    hi spektro...

There are problems with winterboard and statusnotifier?
    Having installed winterboard should already be the mobilesubstrate?

bye...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

AFAIK, there are no problems when you use them along with iBlacklist installed.
    I have winterboard on mine, but not status notifier, since i developed a package called notifier. So i use my notifier + reminder instead

Also, we have the new update under tests. Shall be present on Cydia by the end of this week.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Sup mates

iBlacklist 2.1 shall be up soon on Cydia under BigBoss repository. Here is the update release. More is being prepared for the next one:

- Add the Parental Control Mode, where it will also block outgoing calls based on lists;
    - Add the Use Badge option, where iBlacklist will badge it's SpringBoard icon with blocked calls / filtered SMS;
    - Add the Vibration function for blocked calls and filtered messages;
    - Change on History deletion. Now it will delete all records form that specific history view (All records, Only Calls or Only SMS);
    - Fixes the SMS Privacy feature by removing the SMS Preview popup and placing sound/vibration notification as per your preferences settings;
    - Fixes the Busy Signal option. Now it will issue a busy signal even if there is a call in progress;
    - Fixes other problems related to add from recent sms and history views.

Thanks to all users

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

bilr (10-20-2008), jrentzke (10-20-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Sorry, double post
    Last edited by spektro; 10-20-2008 at 05:15 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sup mates

iBlacklist 2.1 shall be up soon on Cydia under BigBoss repository. Here is the update release. More is being prepared for the next one:

- Add the Parental Control Mode, where it will also block outgoing calls based on lists;
    - Add the Use Badge option, where iBlacklist will badge it's SpringBoard icon with blocked calls / filtered SMS;
    - Add the Vibration function for blocked calls and filtered messages;
    - Change on History deletion. Now it will delete all records form that specific history view (All records, Only Calls or Only SMS);
    - Fixes the SMS Privacy feature by removing the SMS Preview popup and placing sound/vibration notification as per your preferences settings;
    - Fixes the Busy Signal option. Now it will issue a busy signal even if there is a call in progress;
    - Fixes other problems related to add from recent sms and history views.

Thanks to all users

Great application, thank you. This is the first program that would stop me from upgrading to the next Apple iPhone firmware update if Pwn wasn't ready.

One feature I would like to see is to have the ability to change Call Settings/Action (Voicemail, Busy Signal, No Action) to individual contacts in a Blacklist/Whitelist.

Thanks again.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

bilr

Thank you!!!
    About your request, we are working exactly on this right now for the next update, wich will also support Multiple Active Lists based on Scheduler.
    Those are major changes and need to be done carefully. But, we will do it for the next release for sure.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

bilr

Thank you!!!
    About your request, we are working exactly on this right now for the next update, wich will also support Multiple Active Lists based on Scheduler.
    Those are major changes and need to be done carefully. But, we will do it for the next release for sure.

spektro - one issue that I have run into with iBlacklist is the opening screen if password is set. The field where you enter the password seem unresponsive most of the time and take multiple taps to get the keyboard to come up. Not sure if this is a delay in the program starting up - but I am using Lockdown to password protect iBlacklist and it seems to be way faster getting in the program.

Just letting you know, it's not that big a deal since the Lockdown method works very well.

Thanks again...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Actually, the finger tap event capture is done by the OS. If sometimes there is a delay on this detection, it certainly will occur when using another application either. It may be not everytime, but once in a while.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hi Spektro i finally got 2.1 to install right and everything works great except the busy signal. when i try to set it to busy signal it just goes straight to voicemail. it worked in the previous versions and we really need that option to work so when i get harassing calls they just get the busy signal and think the phone number is no longer in service. hope you can get this fixed soon. i`m on 2.01 iphone 3g. thanx
    Last edited by Blackwidow74; 10-20-2008 at 07:30 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Spektro, updated, just like to say thanks and well done...lovin' the badge option

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Thanks for the feedback !!!

@Blackwidow74

OK. I really did some changes on this part and an update will soon be available in order to roll back to how it used to be done.
    Last edited by spektro; 10-21-2008 at 04:05 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

thanks spektro

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Spektro -

I can confirm the busy signal does not work, it goes to voice mail when busy signal is selected. Also, I wanted to ask you about the use of astericks (*) when entering phone #'s into a black/whitelist.

On one of the other programs I tried (and didn't like, their instructions say to use astericks (i.e. *5551212 or 800555*) so I thought I would give it a try on iBlacklist and it does work. Just not sure if you built this in and didn't add it to the instructions because it's not ready or something like that.

But I do use it to block all 800, 866, 888 numbers with the following string:

1800*
    1866*
    1888*
    800*
    866*
    888*

Instead of having to type individual 800 #'s this blocks all of them (that's what I want)

What is your insight on the use of * ?

Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This is the wildcard option wich was present on iBlacklist since 1.X firmwares
    But iBlacklist currently only supports the wildcard * at the end of a number, since i really think wildcards at the beginning of a number is not an attractive option since it can block calls you don't want to block.
    Wildcards at the end of a number ables you to block 1800 calls as an example, but also ables you to block an entire area code calls, country code calls and many more.
    But, what is the point to block any number finished by some sequence (eg *4567)?
    If our users feel this option is attractive, it can be implemented with no further efforts, but i really don't think it is a good option to have since you never know when a coincidence will happen

20. The Following User Says Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

bilr (10-21-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is the wildcard option wich was present on iBlacklist since 1.X firmwares
    But iBlacklist currently only supports the wildcard * at the end of a number, since i really think wildcards at the beginning of a number is not an attractive option since it can block calls you don't want to block.
    Wildcards at the end of a number ables you to block 1800 calls as an example, but also ables you to block an entire area code calls, country code calls and many more.
    But, what is the point to block any number finished by some sequence (eg *4567)?
    If our users feel this option is attractive, it can be implemented with no further efforts, but i really don't think it is a good option to have since you never know when a coincidence will happen
    Spektro - thanks for the information on wildcards, I do have a question on the format I'm using on one of my blacklist entries that seems to work for me.

Trying to block 1-800-555-1212 and 800-555-1212 (same #, sometimes received with a 1, other times not)

my entry in iBlacklist is *8005551212

This is working for me and blocks the #

You mentioned above that the wildcard is only used after a number, but this is working for me (wildcard before the #)

Should *8005551212 block both 18005551212 and 8005551212?

Thanks again

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

I am also having a problem with the busy signal option. Prior to my update to 2.1 it was working fine, now actually busy signal being selected simply disconnects the call. The previous version would goto a busy signal, now the call is simply disconnecting for me and just stays at dead air.

So its actually still blocking, just not going to a busy signal as the previous version did. I'm on AT&T and a 3G phone.

EDIT:

Ok, correction. Its not blocking. Just got a call from a blocked number and it was in the history, but also the party was able to leave me a voice mail. Perhaps the time I tested it was a fluke and disconnected it.

spektro, can you roll back to the old way ASAP?
    Last edited by PhoneLine; 10-22-2008 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost