+ Reply
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [2.0 - Release] iBlacklist - Call/SMS filtering application

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Maybe a restart after installing it will help you. Also, to block calls popups you need to enable the call filter, and the same goes to sms and mms popups,
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Maybe a restart after installing it will help you. Also, to block calls popups you need to enable the call filter, and the same goes to sms and mms popups, IE, enable sms and mms filter to act over the previews.

Thanks

iBlacklist + Bluetooth headsets or car systems

This is not a bug or anything but rather a suggestion. I'm not familiar with the inner workings of iBlacklist so I don't even know whether this is easy to implement or not.

What happens is that the call filter "steps in" kind of late after a call is coming in. Of course, better late than never, a blacklisted call is filtered most of the time and you're not being bothered. Not so much if you're using a bluetooth accessory - a headset or a car kit. Regardless of iBlacklist, these accessories start ringing BEFORE the phone does, which is normal behavior for pretty much any phone, not just the iPhone. Unfortunately, this happens even if you're dealing with a blocked number, which means that your earpiece or car audio will be ringing once or twice and even display a caller id before iBlacklist does its thing and rejects/redirects the call.

My question then: why isn't iBlacklist invoked at an earlier point in the call connection sequence? Or maybe it is invoked early enough but it takes a while until it sifts through its database? What's happening here and can it / will it be fixed?

Thank you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MWillis561's Avatar
    Thanks

^ I've noticed the same thing happening while using my bluetooth headset. Like he said my headset will ring once but then the call is "Blocked" so there are no further rings.

I agree that's it's not really a major issue but rather a minor annoyance. But any solution would be appreciated.

Thanks

If it's a headset and the headset is not on your ear then yes, it's a minor annoyance.

If the headset is on your ear > medium annoyance.

If you're in the car > major annoyance. Besides that all music / audio stops or gets muted (same for the situations above), there's that ring that everyone in the car can hear and start a "Who was that?" type of discussion.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there any way to use this to block certain SMS messages that contain specified text?? Like ones that contain the text fw:fw: for those stupi chain msgs?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

@ dopple

Yes, it's the setup available on Message Settings -> Block Text , where you can type any string and if the message's body has this string, it will be blocked, regardless who is sending it to you.

----------------

About the Bluetooth

This is a really difficult thing to prevent, since the bluetooth core is a kind of blackbox and is something totally independent from springboard itself. Since iBlacklist resides on SpringBoard (is an SB Extension) i must use the springboard methods to handle the bluetooth interaction. Unfortunately, the call route to bluetooth kits is not handled by springboard, thus there's no available way to conditionally act over this signaling. What i have managed to do in the past was totally shutdown the blutooth interface when a call is blocked. Thus, further non blocked calls would not reach the bluetooth. For obvious reasons, this was not released.
    The research over this problem is being continued, and we hope to find a way to prevent this in future updates.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by giqnnisg View Post
    Thanks
    LOL , did this guy just sign up to say thanks? To whom and for what?

Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post
    [...]the call route to bluetooth kits is not handled by springboard[...]
    Time for MobileSubstrate to be overhauled and taken to the next level. Sorry, I meant "lower level", i.e. closer to the hardware.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@ dopple

Yes, it's the setup available on Message Settings -> Block Text , where you can type any string and if the message's body has this string, it will be blocked, regardless who is sending it to you.

---------------
    I tried this it seems that it only blocks if the text I put in Is by itself... Like if I put in "fw:fw" it won't match if the text has "fw:fw:fw:"
    only if "fw:fw:" is by itself

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Actually the comparision done over the received text is case insensitive and uses a "contained" approach. It means that if the block text string is "fw:fw:", we have:

* Received text = "fw:fw: xxxxxxxxx" = Blocks the text
    * Received text = "fw:fw:fw: xxxxxxxxx" = Blocks the text
    * Received text = "fw: xxxxxxxxx" = Does NOT block the text

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Actually the comparision done over the received text is case insensitive and uses a "contained" approach. It means that if the block text string is "fw:fw:", we have:

* Received text = "fw:fw: xxxxxxxxx" = Blocks the text
    * Received text = "fw:fw:fw: xxxxxxxxx" = Blocks the text
    * Received text = "fw: xxxxxxxxx" = Does NOT block the text

Just ran those exact tests... Only one that was blocked was th first one :-/

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

ABOUT 3.1.2 FIRMWARE:

Yes, the current iBlacklist version (3.1-2) IS FULLY WORKING on 3.1.2 !!!

@ dopple

I also run the test here, again, and everything worked as expected. Even made sure to have a different case string on the Block Text setup. See the picture below.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

Ethorsen (10-15-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I would really like to get this application working. I've tried a bunch of things and still can't save any list.

After installing iBlacklist from Rock! I wasn't able to save anything (not even the Enable window)

I went through SSH and created the folder /var/mobile/Library/iBlacklist which i changed owner to mobile and set chmod to 0777

After that i was able to save in the Enable window but still couldnt create any list.

I went through SSH and changed /var/mobile/Library/iBlacklist/iBlacklist.sqlitedb to owner mobile and chmod to 0777

Still no luck. I'm running a iphone 3gs with firmware 3.1.2 jailbroke with blackra1n

As soon as i can get this application to work i'll surely buy it.

Thx

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hi Ethorsen

This is really weird.
    Please do this:

* SSH and simply delete the /var/mobile/Library/iBlacklist folder
    * Restart your device and, if the iBlacklist extension is running, it will detect there's no database folder and will create the folder and place the database file there again.

It shall work now and enable you to change and save any settings and also have the system running fine for your tests.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thx for your reply.

I uninstalled iBlacklist from Rock! Then I went ssh and removed the folder /var/mobile/Library/iBlacklist

I reinstalled iBlacklist but with Cydia this time.

No luck I still cant save anything. This is weird, the software doesnt actually create the folder by itself.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ok, this points that iBlacklist extension is not being loaded. If you have SBSettings, take a look into it. It's possibly disabling the iBlacklist extension.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

Ethorsen (10-16-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi spektro,

I installed some other applications like cydelete and winterboard and noticed that they were also not working. Just like iBlacklist, they were 'im the only one with this problem' type of problems.

I reinstalled the firmware from apple and rejailbreaked with blackra1n. After that everything was fine all of the applications started to work like they were suppose to.

Thank you for your help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm trying to get the pop up notification work with a name in a blacklist ? I wanted to keep an history of some contacts .... then no block, but only add the text to the list !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iblacklist SMS Notification Sound
    Hi Spectro

I'm using Iblacklist 3.1.2 and it works great, I only have one issue, I'm using a custom theme which uses custom sms notification sounds. When I enable sms privacy in Iblacklist, it works fine and I dont get the annoying sms pop up, but the sms notification sound is now using the default sound not the custom sound I have enabled. I've tested this multiple times, when the sms privacy is disabled my custom sms notification sound works. Anyone know of a a way around this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Blocked unblacklisted number
    Hi I'm new to the forum and to jailbreaking in general. I am running iphone fw 3.1.2 and iBlacklist 3.1-2.

I am deciding whether to purchase iBlacklist so I set up a blacklist and a whitelist. I came across one problem that I do not know how it happened.

I have a whitelist with one number. I have a blacklist with 2 numbers. I have the active list set to the blacklisted list. I sms'ed a number from the blacklist and when they replied, iBlacklist blocked it.. Great! Later on that day, without ever changing any settings, I noticed iBlacklist blocked another sms. When I viewed the history I noticed it had blocked an sms from a different number that was not in either the blacklist or the whitelist. I had previously been smsing with this number the usual way via the stock sms app. Somehow in a later reply, iBlacklist decided to block it.

Am I missing something? I am not running any other sms app other than the stock app.