+ Reply
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [2.0 - Release] iBlacklist - Call/SMS filtering application

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I dont have any other SMS clients but since the update when any text comes in I get two quick vibrates. And two pop ups. One says "text from unknown"
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I dont have any other SMS clients but since the update when any text comes in I get two quick vibrates. And two pop ups. One says "text from unknown" the second is the standard popup saying the name of the person that sent the text.

I didnt change any settings that I know of. What happened?

I uninstalled iblacklist and the problem went away. I have it installed agian and its back.

Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post
    Hi guys

Actually, yes, this was my own and exclusive fault now
    This is a permission problem on /var/mobile/Library/iBlacklist folder (new installations can't save any settings) allied to a change on the sms receiving hook (because i had complains about that part from some users, which is causing the other sms clients problem).
    We know we have a lot of sms clients around, and to be honest, i'm really fine with the stock sms client now, so we really can't install all of them on our device and make tons of tests for each one. I hope you can bare with us and understand the situation.
    Here you have the new 3.1-1 version deb. You can manually install it there or wait for it to point on Cydia, which shall be soon.

Now, time for some self promotion. Did you see us on Washington Post?

washingtonpost.com
    the article was interesting and the paragraph about iblacklist was great but the second last paragraph he talks about an app for two libaries but doesnt mention the app name
    Last edited by Nuclearjack; 08-28-2009 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah i had the same problem. 3.1 blocked only outgoing, not incoming sms or calls. the update fixed that problem, but when an unblacklisted person txt me, i got a popup on the lockscreen saying UNKNOWN and when i unlocked to read it, caused my springboard to respring. got really old really fast. so i reverted back and reinstalled iblacklist 3.08 instead. that was the last stable version i know of (well with my text program anyway- bitesms)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Those of you who have problems with iblacklist / bitesms combo Could you try something?

Replace in library/mobilesubstrate folder the bitesmssb.plist with the one included here. Reboot. And try again.

If still not working could you exchange the iblacklist.plist file in the same folder with the one attached?

Post your results here, please

Ruben
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tosbsas; 08-28-2009 at 11:22 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Spektro, I have searched the threads but couldn't find if anyone else had asked this. Is there anyway to replace the statusbar icons that appear when a new call/message is received?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tosbsas View Post
    Those of you who have problems with iblacklist / bitesms combo Could you try something?

Replace in library/mobilesubstrate folder the bitesmssb.plist with the one included here. Reboot. And try again.

If still not working could you exchange the iblacklist.plist file in the same folder with the one attached?

Post your results here, please

Ruben
    Forget about this -will not work

Can someone check this observation?

It doesn’t crash if I’m using the phone, only when the phone is at the lock screen.
    I only have sms privacy enabled in biteSMS, not iBlacklist.
    If I turn privacy features off in biteSMS, it works just fine.
    The only privacy feature I have enabled in biteSMS is to not show the body of the message on the lock screen. It does show that I have an sms message, as well as who sent it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hey spektro, updated to the new version you posted (3.1-1), but now whenever using quick reply with ireal, my status icon just sticks until I respring

this worked fine until this new version

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm solving some problems with bitesms now and will submit a new update soon. The unknown texters problem and other bitesms problems are fine now on this. Also, i tested both quickreply and quick send from irealsms here and the send icon just goes away normally for both blacklisted and not blacklisted contacts.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theguy386 View Post
    Hey spektro, updated to the new version you posted (3.1-1), but now whenever using quick reply with ireal, my status icon just sticks until I respring

this worked fine until this new version
    same issue with sending sms.
    I have irealquicksms installed and tlert.

appears to be ireal and iblacklist conflict.
    It goes away with a respring.

spektro... does the new itunes backup feature also backup our license data ?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hi Carbone

Yes, it backs up ALL iBlacklist data, including your license and even your blacklisted images from MMS.
    Obviously, if you restore a different device using your other device backup on iTunes, the license won't work because they are different devices, but all the lists, contacts, history and setups will be there again.
    Yesterday was a full day, extensively tested the 3.1-2 version with stock sms app, bitesms and irealsms in all aspects. I had read post 466 while doing the tests and double checked myself here. The realsms sending icon always went away normally in all tests. Did the quicksend test to blacklisted and non blacklisted contacts, and also quick reply for non blacklisted contacts (of course), in locked and unlocked states and had no issue with that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

Carrbone (09-16-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

3.1-2 is out now. upgrade fixes these issues! thanks spektro!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I primarily use iBlacklist to block text and missed call notifications. Are there any plans to add support for blocking voicemail notifications too? I was kinda disappointed when I saw that iBlacklist couldn't do that and I can't find any other apps that can.

Thanks

Hi could u tell me how to manually back up the blacklist before I update to the new one so i dont lose all the blocked numbers.. thanx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwidow74 View Post
    Hi could u tell me how to manually back up the blacklist before I update to the new one so i dont lose all the blocked numbers.. thanx
    Use either iFile or iPhoneBrowser or SSH or whatever you wish and navigate to var/stash/Applications.pwn/iBlacklist.app then look for a file called iblacklist.sqlitedb and save it somewhere.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hi

Actually the file you need to backup is present on /var/mobile/Library/iBlacklist/iBlacklist.sqlitedb

When restore it back, just make sure it's ownership and permissions are the same as the original.

The 3.1-2 version allied with iTunes makes this for you, So no more firmware restores or updates will make you insert all your lists again, or setups.

How this works:

Access the database manager and make a backup of all your iBlacklist data (Database and Images from MMS)
    Using iTunes, make a backup of your device (Right click over it on iTunes left side list and select Backup)
    Now, all your iBlacklist data is in your computer.
    Later, when you restore your device or update it, you can choose the option Restore from Backup on iTunes. This will place your stored iBlacklist data onto your iPhone.
    Finally, open iBlacklist and access the database manager. Select the option Restore to bring all your old informations back to your usage (a respring is recommended after doing this).

Thanks

I use the stock sms app. After updating to the new version it stopped blocking the pop up notifications. I have it set to filter calls and sms, privacy filter on.

??????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post
    Hi Carbone

Yes, it backs up ALL iBlacklist data, including your license and even your blacklisted images from MMS.
    Obviously, if you restore a different device using your other device backup on iTunes, the license won't work because they are different devices, but all the lists, contacts, history and setups will be there again.
    Yesterday was a full day, extensively tested the 3.1-2 version with stock sms app, bitesms and irealsms in all aspects. I had read post 466 while doing the tests and double checked myself here. The realsms sending icon always went away normally in all tests. Did the quicksend test to blacklisted and non blacklisted contacts, and also quick reply for non blacklisted contacts (of course), in locked and unlocked states and had no issue with that.
    the icon goes away at certain times only , but for about 98% of the time it still stays until respring, any idea?

so after a bit of playing with it, I came to notice that this only happens when iBlacklist is turned OFF. When iBlacklist is turned on the icon goes away as normal.
    Last edited by theguy386; 09-05-2009 at 08:58 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Same here. Just installed iRealQuickSMS and the send icon gets hung in the status bar everytime.

Ok this worked for me. I found this on the iRealSMS forums. You will lose all of your SMS messages though. SSH into your phone, and browse to var/mobile/Library/SMS and delete everything in there. Reboot. Launch iRealQuickSMS and re-activate. Send SMS, no more hung icon. Apparently it has to do with corrupted messages in the SMS database.
    Last edited by OctopusPrime; 09-04-2009 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

19. The Following User Says Thank You to OctopusPrime For This Useful Post:

Carrbone (09-16-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OctopusPrime View Post
    Same here. Just installed iRealQuickSMS and the send icon gets hung in the status bar everytime.

Ok this worked for me. I found this on the iRealSMS forums. You will lose all of your SMS messages though. SSH into your phone, and browse to var/mobile/Library/SMS and delete everything in there. Reboot. Launch iRealQuickSMS and re-activate. Send SMS, no more hung icon. Apparently it has to do with corrupted messages in the SMS database.
    DAMN! I was hoping that would fix it for me as well... but no go

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Guys -alexandre is on a business trip but will be back early next week. I will make sure he sees this (:-.))

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question want to block all mobile sms not in my address book
    Please help.

I am using registered iBlacklist on my 2G iPhone.

I want to BLOCK all SMS that I receive from mobile phones that are NOT in my address book.

My country code is +51

The Mobile no. consists of 10 digits and starts with 9. for eg. 9987976545