+ Reply
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 33 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [2.0 - Release] iBlacklist - Call/SMS filtering application

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Spektro, Love iblacklist.. It was one of my first paid apps that I got when I got my 3G. I have a question for you ( or maybe another user)
    Thanks

Spektro,

Love iblacklist.. It was one of my first paid apps that I got when I got my 3G. I have a question for you ( or maybe another user) regarding the call schedule.

I work 12 hour shifts at a company with strict cell phone usuage policy. Is there I way I can block calls from coming in between my time working? (6am-6pm)? Also I'm assuming there's a way to turn that on/ off?

I haven't toyed around too much with that feature and I don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks for the assist in advance. Keep up the good work!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Spektro,

I'm running iBlacklist 3.0.8 on my 3GS iPhone with F/W 3.0.

I also have biteSMS running (v 4.2) and use only that for messages.

I do not block any SMS's in iBlacklist.

I do however block unknown and restricted numbers between midnight to 8 AM every day.

If I call from an unknown # during the regular day time, the phone rings as it should, however about 2-3 rings into it, the ringtone seems a bit off compared to the vibrations (like they're not in sync as they normally are)and the ringtone will even stop in the middle and restart playing from the beginning. Right then then the turning circle "working" animation shows up and my phone crashes into safe mode. The phone keeps ringing.

When I disable iBlacklist, this doesn't happen.

I've tried restarting, respringing, etc and this still always happens. The phone # I call from is my skype # which shows up as Unknown.

Really disappointed that I purchased the app and it isn't working properly. If you could please get back to me ASAP, I'd appreciate it.
    Last edited by GasAddict; 08-09-2009 at 02:37 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

More disappointment, dodgy customer treatment...upgrade your phone you have to pay again to use this. This is the only app that's like this and should be avoided. Try MCleaner instead. Better design too.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by remf View Post
    More disappointment, dodgy customer treatment...upgrade your phone you have to pay again to use this.
    that's incorrect...

bought iBlacklist when I was on a first generation 16GB.
    When I bought my 3G 16GB, the license was transferred at NO EXTRA COST.

Then 2 months later, I bought my 3GS 32GB and AGAIN the license was transferred at NO EXTRA COST.

And beside that, customer support has been more then peachy.
    If I'm correct, there's only 2 people working on iBlacklist and they get messages from all over the world (Spektro is active on more then one forum and is reachable from all over the place) and yet they manage to release fixes and updates AND handle customer support pretty decently!

Quote Originally Posted by HayWire View Post
    Spektro,

Love iblacklist.. It was one of my first paid apps that I got when I got my 3G. I have a question for you ( or maybe another user) regarding the call schedule.

I work 12 hour shifts at a company with strict cell phone usuage policy. Is there I way I can block calls from coming in between my time working? (6am-6pm)? Also I'm assuming there's a way to turn that on/ off?

I haven't toyed around too much with that feature and I don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks for the assist in advance. Keep up the good work!
    Set up the hours within the Scheduler.
    Or switch to profile mode and create 2 profiles, 1 for work and one for outside of work and Schedule them correctly.
    Last edited by caelis666; 08-10-2009 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I'll have to agree with remf because CS inconsistency pretty much equals no CS.

To caelis666: Thanks for sharing your (success) story with us, but instead of bluntly dismissing others' experiences by saying that's incorrect..., consider using something more like "hmm, that's unfortunate, this didn't happen to me..."

Here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...nch-dudes.html

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by caelis666 View Post
    that's incorrect...
    Not incorrect at all...here's a copy of the e-mail I got sent:

For new iphone you need buy a new key, the key is registered to phone serial number (hardware)
    If is the same iphone (hardware) the serial number is the same and the activation key works but you have a new iphone the old key will donít work because is a different serial (hardware) and you need buy a new key

thanks

Thanks

Yupp, we're all too familiar with that broken English email. On top of everything, if you post your experience in the open forum, you risk being called a liar and whatnot.

Here's what happened to me some weeks ago: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...nch-dudes.html

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was indeed maybe a bit too harsh with my "that's incorrect" statement..

I guess it all depends then on who you communicate with and how..
    All I did was send a mail to their support-address stating that I had a new iPhone and that I wanted to transfer my key to that new phone.

I gave the old activation key to be deactivated and the new key of the new phone and everything was properly handled.

Also... in your thread, there's at least 3 people stating the same story.

I'm not sure about how many active user iBlacklist has, but I'm sure it's more than 100. Can you imagine, 2 guys, working on a product, bugfixing the app regularly AND handling customer support and probably doing all of this on their free time.
    There ought to be some slip-ups here and there.

All in all, they've been doing a nice job, in my humble opinion

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

First, i need to thank everyone that showed their support here. This proves my work was not in vain.
    Well, no, we are not a 2 person business here. We are much more than that. Besides the iPhone applications, we have other softwares available for other needs. The iPhone is just another segment.
    As you can see, you 2 are minority even here in your own topic.
    I did a cleanup about this situation here and identified what were going wrong with the sales guys. It's rectified now and it won't happen again.
    You, OTHER topic creator, just posted that thread on the same day i got another guy trying to milk subsequent activations. If it wasn't you, it sounded like it was for me. So, i apologize for the misunderstanding.
    Both of you can just get in contact with [email protected] and supply us your old register key along with your new register key for a quick search and we will solve this problem.
    Don't take it personally. Honestly, i really don't care if you will contact us and reuse the application or not.
    I just want to make my position clear to everyone that possibly will read my posts here.
    If you feel like doing so, you can even search on this current thread for my previous posts and check yourself that there's no omission about this license transfers question.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

remf (08-14-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Fair enough. Mistakes happen, good resolution.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to remf For This Useful Post:

spektro (08-14-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Iblacklist has been working great for me until a few days ago. One of the features I like is the sms privacy. I hated those annoying text message notifications. I really like only seeing the number on the text message icon instead of having a message show up on the lock screen.

The only thing I can think of that I installed to maybe cause an issue is supreme preferences 3.0

I needed it to get to the cellular network tab for my visual voicemail to function.

Any idea what would cause the program from blocking the text message popup?

Thanks

Got it.

Somehow the filter sms button had become set to off.

Works great again!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hi guys

New update is out:

* New options on Database Manager to enable Backup/Restore functionality using iTunes.

How this works:

Access the database manager and make a backup of all your iBlacklist data (Database and Images from MMS)
    Using iTunes, make a backup of your device (Right click over it on iTunes left side list and select Backup)
    Now, all your iBlacklist data is in your computer.
    Later, when you restore your device or update it, you can choose the option Restore from Backup on iTunes. This will place your stored iBlacklist data onto your iPhone.
    Finally, open iBlacklist and access the database manager. Select the option Restore to bring all your old informations back to your device. VERY USEFUL FOR FIRMWARE RESTORES OR UPDATES

* New option Accept for blocked callers. This will make your device actually accept the caller, so you can pick them up, and later iBlacklist will just remove the record of this call on default mobile phone call history. Very convenient.

* Bug fixes for Unknown Caller ID crashes that some people were experiencing

* Bug fix for MMS images not being stored correctly (This bug was evident depending on the device that sent you the image, and also the orientation that picture was taken). This was a very specific bug that only a few people were experiencing.

* NO IT WON'T DELETE YOUR DATABASE (ONLY IF YOU ARE UPDATING FROM 3.0-8)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just updated to 3.1, now my blacklist blocks only outgoing, not incoming sms? can this be fixed to operate and only view incoming and goingoing sms inside program as in previous versions? or is this a setting im missing? also would it be possible to add an "auto-engage" icon to the springboard that automatically engages a user selected blacklist and auto delete the SMS and calls of the blacklisted contacts out of the current call and sms log. a "panic button" of sorts :-) this would be amazing! keep up the great work!!

Thanks

I'm running iblacklist on a 2g iPhone on 3.0 fw. I've had this app for quite some time and it has worked great, however after this current update 8/27/09 I've been having an issue with texts. I am also running intelliscreen and have never had this problem in the past. The problem I'm having is, whenever I receive a text, outside of the iblacklist rule, I receive a pop bubble, even though intelliscreen is supposed to block this. This worked fine up until this current iblacklist update. Even if I disable the only active list I have, the problem still persists. If I enable sms privacy in iblacklist it will remove the text bubbles on the lockscreen, but it also removes my personalized text alert.The only resolution I've found is uninstalling iblacklist, which results in the bubbles being removed as well as my text alert working properly. Anyone know a fix for this? I sent an email to support but no reply as of yet.

EDIT*****

Just read a comment from spektro on the comments page in cydia.

"OK my fault on this!!! Do not update to this 3.1 version. The 3.1-1 was sent to BIGBOSS to fix this."

So do not update to 3.1!!!!!
    Last edited by plnkeye21; 08-27-2009 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

I updated to 3.1 last night and my irealquicksms is also not working. If I disable iblacklist, it works fine, so I'm hoping maybe its the same issue with the new update will fix.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plnkeye21 View Post
    I'm running iblacklist on a 2g iPhone on 3.0 fw. I've had this app for quite some time and it has worked great, however after this current update 8/27/09 I've been having an issue with texts. I am also running intelliscreen and have never had this problem in the past. The problem I'm having is, whenever I receive a text, outside of the iblacklist rule, I receive a pop bubble, even though intelliscreen is supposed to block this. This worked fine up until this current iblacklist update. Even if I disable the only active list I have, the problem still persists. If I enable sms privacy in iblacklist it will remove the text bubbles on the lockscreen, but it also removes my personalized text alert.The only resolution I've found is uninstalling iblacklist, which results in the bubbles being removed as well as my text alert working properly. Anyone know a fix for this? I sent an email to support but no reply as of yet.

EDIT*****

Just read a comment from spektro on the comments page in cydia.

"OK my fault on this!!! Do not update to this 3.1 version. The 3.1-1 was sent to BIGBOSS to fix this."

So do not update to 3.1!!!!!

Crud... I didnt see this until it was too late!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi Spektro

How do I go back to version 3.0-8 again? version 3.1 is disabling my irealsms pop for sms. Thanks

mokeiko

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hi guys

Actually, yes, this was my own and exclusive fault now
    This is a permission problem on /var/mobile/Library/iBlacklist folder (new installations can't save any settings) allied to a change on the sms receiving hook (because i had complains about that part from some users, which is causing the other sms clients problem).
    We know we have a lot of sms clients around, and to be honest, i'm really fine with the stock sms client now, so we really can't install all of them on our device and make tons of tests for each one. I hope you can bare with us and understand the situation.
    Here you have the new 3.1-1 version deb. You can manually install it there or wait for it to point on Cydia, which shall be soon.

Now, time for some self promotion. Did you see us on Washington Post?

washingtonpost.com
    Attached Files Attached Files

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

PhoneLine (08-27-2009), theguy386 (08-27-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

yay.....iReal is working again

Thanks!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to PhoneLine For This Useful Post:

spektro (08-28-2009)