+ Reply
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 32 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [2.0 - Release] iBlacklist - Call/SMS filtering application

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by hjacobs2000 Since the new update 3.07, every time I dial out with blacklist calls enabled(any number), my phone vibrates once. If I turn off the calls enabled,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hjacobs2000 View Post
    Since the new update 3.07, every time I dial out with blacklist calls enabled(any number), my phone vibrates once. If I turn off the calls enabled, it does not vibrate. I can't figure our why. Any sugestions? Has anyone else reproduced this? Sound notift and vibrate are off and my number is not in ant list
    yes it is ... than you

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bouzo's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Spekto, great app, it has come a long way. Recently though, I have had some strange behavior with it. It sometimes block texts that are normally accepted in my lists. I am running the unregistered version with a blacklist set up in classic mode to block phone/sms from 2 numbers. At times though, it blocks regular contacts of mine, and not consistently either. For example, my wife may text me once, no problem, second text though gets blocked. Other friends of mine may text, first text gets blocked, subsequent texts after that come through??? I have been running -6.

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Help please.

The goal is to block texts from (305) 000-0* and(326)65105 between 12:30 and 07:40 every morning except for Sunday.

I have a blacklist with two entries. 30500* and 326651*

I have the schedule set as below but seems to block these outside the hours as well as inside. Its also occasionally block texts from a valid phone number that is similar to these two.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Spektro,

a small problem encountered in the last version (3.0-7):
    1. receiving a blocked message
    2. login into iBlacklist
    3. read the message by clicking the blue arrow
    4. returning to the list of messages
    5. clicking on the received message
    6. selecting Send Message (which opens Messages.app) to reply.
    7. sending a message to the blocked number (with settings to delete the message in messages.app activated)
    8. going to the list of messages within Messages.app
    9. leaving the phone unlocked like that..

==> problem: when I now receive a message from the blacklisted number I just sent a message to, the message is shown in Message.app (with is not so great )

I also still have the badge problem where the number is not reset after the message is read.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

@ Bouzo

Thanks for this report. I need to know which SMS clients you have installed on your device, in order to try to simulate it here. It can be a new incompatibility that is causing this strange behavior.

@Nuclearjack

I think you know that while using wildcards, it can block other numbers that match to 30500 or 326651
    Also, you scheduler is wrong for sundays. To disable the list on sundays, you need to make it start at 00:00, end at 23:59 and be active OUTSIDE INTERVAL.

@caelis666

This problem always existed to any firewall software. While the messages app is opened, we can't interfere with that, so it will show everything it receives or sends while it's opened. I think you noticed that, after closing it, the blocked messages are gone. This can't be avoided without messing with messages app directly or killing it if opened, which would be extremely annoying while typing a big text.
    About the badge, well, this feature got messed up with 3.0 firmware.But, the reset of this badge number should be done unconditionally after opening the application, checking the history and closing the application. Doesn't this happen there?
    Last edited by spektro; 07-28-2009 at 10:02 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

Nuclearjack (07-28-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post
    @ Bouzo

Thanks for this report. I need to know which SMS clients you have installed on your device, in order to try to simulate it here. It can be a new incompatibility that is causing this strange behavior.
    Hi Spektro

I use BiteSMS exclusively for texting.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@Nuclearjack

I think you know that while using wildcards, it can block other numbers that match to 30500 or 326651
    Also, you scheduler is wrong for sundays. To disable the list on sundays, you need to make it start at 00:00, end at 23:59 and be active OUTSIDE INTERVAL.
    Thanks for the help! I corrected the Sunday schedule.

I will do some testing with the other number that gets blocked sometimes. It starts with 902 its just the last 7 that are similar to the above.

Green Apple
    Thanks

@caelis666

This problem always existed to any firewall software. While the messages app is opened, we can't interfere with that, so it will show everything it receives or sends while it's opened. I think you noticed that, after closing it, the blocked messages are gone. This can't be avoided without messing with messages app directly or killing it if opened, which would be extremely annoying while typing a big text.
    About the badge, well, this feature got messed up with 3.0 firmware.But, the reset of this badge number should be done unconditionally after opening the application, checking the history and closing the application. Doesn't this happen there?
    I kind of knew this problem existed in other firewall software..
    strangely enough, I hadn't experienced it myself within iBlacklist, so when I finally did experience it, I thought it was a bug my bad!

About the badge, after opening the application, checking the history and closing the application, the badge is indeed nog loner on the springboard-icon.. However, the number that was shown on the badge, is not reset, so when a blocked message is received, the badge appears with a wrong number.
    It's not a big problem for me though, just a bit annoying

Anyway, it's great to see you are always responding so quickly!
    One of the main reasons I'm sticking to iBlackList (and because it's works so damn good too of course!)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hi Caelis

Ah, now i got your report correctly and will take a look into it. Thank you.

previously known as iPhoneman2K, iphoneman76 iPhoneMuscle's Avatar
    Thanks

Spektro....

Just wanted to tell you this APP rocks... This thing saves lives..... I had bought this APP when i got my 2G. Then i lost my code and used the unregistered version for a bit.... And now I purchased it again... And it rocks on the 3GS. Great job...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhoneMuscle For This Useful Post:

spektro (07-29-2009)

Thanks

Hi Spektro,

any luck?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i've been getting a bunch of calls that are filtered by iblacklist as "unknown", but are not really unknown numbers. As in, when they leave a voicemail, the correct caller id info is shown, or if iblacklist is disabled, the ID is shown.

If i set iblacklist to allow unknown numbers to ring through, and one of these numbers calls, i get a strange behavior where it seems as though the ringtone plays for a short time and then starts over again and again.

Any suggestions?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Iblacklist is still blocking numbers that are not on a blacklist. I think its has something to do with my doing an action when the text comes through.

Im still trying to find the pattern. Doesnt happen that often

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just love iBlacklist!!!!

maybe for an update we can have these features:

-when sending a NEW sms from iblacklist, it sends directly from iblacklist instead of going into the messages.app

-maybe an optional "notes" field for each iblacklist contact

Other then that, keep up the good work

Also spektro, a little while ago I was adding a new contact to iblacklist (from recent sms) and I noticed that there was a recent txt message from a contact.... but yet nothing in messages.app OR history list of iblacklist. My question is: Is there a possibility that when receiving a txt message the message might be getting deleted but not showing up in the History? (which would leave no trace of me even receiving the message)
    Last edited by theguy386; 08-01-2009 at 08:20 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm using BiteSMS 4.2
    iBlacklist 3.0-7 unregistered.

I have a blocklist with 2 numbers.
    However, I have had texts blocked at random from people not on the blacklist and that are on my contact list.

It seems very random too. As I usually receive the text, and once in a while it blocks it? Not sure what the deal is? Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ImpetuousRacer View Post
    I'm using BiteSMS 4.2
    iBlacklist 3.0-7 unregistered.

I have a blocklist with 2 numbers.
    However, I have had texts blocked at random from people not on the blacklist and that are on my contact list.

It seems very random too. As I usually receive the text, and once in a while it blocks it? Not sure what the deal is? Thanks.
    Yup, same behavior as I posted a few days back also using biteSMS. Still wondering what's causing it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

New update is available. This time, due to a repository owner request, the iBlacklist package scripting is changed. As a result, the old package is completely removed INCLUDING THE CURRENT DATABASE. So you will have a brand new database after this.

So, if you don't want to set it up again, ou can backup this file BEFORE performing the update:

/var/mobile/Library/iBlacklist/iBlacklist.sqlitedb

And later restore it with 666 permission (RW-RW-RW)

This won't happen on further updates.
    Please try that in order to check if any problem remains.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

Bloodlust (08-08-2009), theguy386 (08-04-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Kind Of Confused...
    ...I'm not usually this slow, so sorry about that up front.

I need to have "address book only" on, while using 1 blacklist to stop 2 or 3 contacts.

What is the correct way to do this, step-by-step?

Also, if I have "address book only" toggled on and no active blacklists, what happens on the other end when someone calls that is not in my contacts? What do they hear (as there is no busy/accept and hang up/etc options under "address book only")?

I am using version 3.0-8 on 3G through ATT.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by misterbanksiii; 08-04-2009 at 04:15 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Sorry for the late response but my mailbox is bombing
    But, as i said before, i had no choice. This will actually also help on the iTunes backup/restore feature i'm currently preparing, so from the next update, which surely WON'T remove your database anymore, users will have the option to backup our database and also the blocked MMS images using iTunes, and later, after restore or update the device's firmware, use the restore feature on the iTunes to also put the iBlacklist data available for our internal restore feature that will be available under the new Database Manager section. This is the classic example of a bad thing that came for a good thing.

Well, the addressbook only makes your addressbook an active whitelist in a single setup. So basically it will make your device accept callers only from your addressbook.
    The use of an active blacklist would be justified only if you want to block some contacts that are also on your addressbook, otherwise it's not really needed.

Green Apple
    Thanks

New update is available. This time, due to a repository owner request, the iBlacklist package scripting is changed. As a result, the old package is completely removed INCLUDING THE CURRENT DATABASE. So you will have a brand new database after this.

So, if you don't want to set it up again, ou can backup this file BEFORE performing the update:

/var/mobile/Library/iBlacklist/iBlacklist.sqlitedb

And later restore it with 666 permission (RW-RW-RW)

This won't happen on further updates.
    Please try that in order to check if any problem remains.
    Yeah, that fixed the problem after the latest update.