+ Reply
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 25 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [2.0 - Release] iBlacklist - Call/SMS filtering application

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I'm not saying i won't try to figure out what's going on about this. Actually, i'll start a very long process of contacting the devs and try to manage this
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm not saying i won't try to figure out what's going on about this. Actually, i'll start a very long process of contacting the devs and try to manage this situation along with them. But many of them just don't give a f**k about this, very different from me. But, at least i will try it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

Carrbone (03-16-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I know you will Spektro. You have great products and you are an excellent dev. Where can we give suggestions on future updates to your products?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    solved
    Last edited by mokeiko; 03-15-2009 at 09:45 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post
    I'm not saying i won't try to figure out what's going on about this. Actually, i'll start a very long process of contacting the devs and try to manage this situation along with them. But many of them just don't give a f**k about this, very different from me. But, at least i will try it.
    Thank you. I just didnt expect that type of answer from you.
    Your support with Iblacklist is top notch, which is why I have bought the app so many times over for each phone.

The dev of quicksms I have spoken with him a few times on this issue.
    An update was supposed to be released on Sunday but got pushed back a few days to address this issue and a few others.

Maybe if you can email them [email protected] with some direction.

Im smacking my head against the wall waiting cause I want to use the new Iblacklist features but I have it uninstalled due to the conflict.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hi Carrbone

Thanks for the middle field on this ))
    I sent them an e mail with some suggestions, so i hope to work along with them in order to fix this asap, since i'm holding a little update to fix minor things and would like to include any possible fix for this problem on it.

Actually, now i have tried it a little, i found almost no problem with it. Just some random warnings popup that does not tell me absolutely nothing about why it's there. I noticed these popups are presented everytime a view is pushed or poped to/from the controller and when you send or read a message. I thinks this happens to bogus unregistered users like me and expect they go away when register it.
    Are these warning popups you are facing even when register it ?
    Also, tested the incoming and outgoing messages to/from blacklisted and not blacklisted contacts and found that everyting worked as expected. No errors, no problems. Please point me some problems or situations that possibly can cause any kind of problem.

About the previous bad humor, actually i was on a bad hair day
    Forgive me on this!!!

Thanks
    Last edited by spektro; 03-16-2009 at 09:04 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

This is not a registration issue. I have registered both programs, and I get the same warning popup.

Hi Carrbone

Thanks for the middle field on this ))
    I sent them an e mail with some suggestions, so i hope to work along with them in order to fix this asap, since i'm holding a little update to fix minor things and would like to include any possible fix for this problem on it.

Actually, now i have tried it a little, i found almost no problem with it. Just some random warnings popup that does not tell me absolutely nothing about why it's there. I noticed these popups are presented everytime a view is pushed or poped to/from the controller and when you send or read a message. I thinks this happens to bogus unregistered users like me and expect they go away when register it.
    Are these warning popups you are facing even when register it ?
    Also, tested the incoming and outgoing messages to/from blacklisted and not blacklisted contacts and found that everyting worked as expected. No errors, no problems. Please point me some problems or situations that possibly can cause any kind of problem.

About the previous bad humor, actually i was on a bad hair day
    Forgive me on this!!!

Thanks
    Last edited by OctopusPrime; 03-17-2009 at 08:34 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ok, figured that out. Sent new files to bigboss and 2.3-1 version shall point asap on Cydia.
    If you would like to contact me to get it, just mail me ([email protected])

10. The Following User Says Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

OctopusPrime (03-18-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok, figured that out. Sent new files to bigboss and 2.3-1 version shall point asap on Cydia.
    You are simply awesome my man! Now I can try quicksms again once your release is out.

Banned
    Thanks

Thank you spektro, as always you pull through. I figured Id have more a chance gettiing a fix from you then the dev's of qsms.
    While their products are great and innovative, their support or rather their lack of suppor is terrible.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks man! Now if you could implement the suggestions I sent, fake password, etc.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

When you have SMS preview turned off, is anyone else NOT receiving any sound/vibrate notifications? Is there anyway to turn off the popup, but keep the notifications?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Noticed that 2.3-2 is out. Already updated. Can someone post a changelog?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hi guys

Here's a changelog for this 2.3-2 version:

* Introduces a new scheme for password protection, where the application is not even launched if the correct password is not informed;

* New options on Action Setup, so now you can set different actions when you are blocking people with resricted ID, and people who are not in your whitelists. On the previous version, the same action was being taken for these two conditions.

* Minor bug fixes, including the problem of scheduled whitelists.

* Chinese and russian language packages added

That's it.

Before Octopus ask, the fake password wasn't implemented yet, but it will be. I'm just thinking in a nicer thing, like opening safari with a predefined page or any other application, instead of just opening the application with a fake empty database. If you have suggestions, feel free to tell me )

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by spektro; 04-09-2009 at 07:13 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

That's nice, good to know that Iblacklist is adding new features all the time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MWillis561's Avatar
    Thanks

So is anybody having the problem where whenever there is a voicemail or missed call it will always show the number 8 on the badge no matter if it's 1 or 7 calls that I missed. This just started happening after the upgrade. The settings that I am currently at right now is....

Save History - On
    Delete Recent Calls - On
    Restricted Number - On
    Address Book Only - On

and the rest of the settings are off.

Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I wasn't going to bug you about the fake password again
    Can you tell us whether you are porting this app to the 3.0 firmware, or if the current version is known to work? I am anxiously wanting to install this on my 3.0, but don't wanna try it if I have to end up restoring my phone again due to incompatibility.

Hi guys

Here's a changelog for this 2.3-2 version:

* Introduces a new scheme for password protection, where the application is not even launched if the correct password is not informed;

* New options on Action Setup, so now you can set different actions when you are blocking people with resricted ID, and people who are not in your whitelists. On the previous version, the same action was being taken for these two conditions.

* Minor bug fixes, including the problem of scheduled whitelists.

* Chinese and russian language packages added

That's it.

Before Octopus ask, the fake password wasn't implemented yet, but it will be. I'm just thinking in a nicer thing, like opening safari with a predefined page or any other application, instead of just opening the application with a fake empty database. If you have suggestions, feel free to tell me )

Thanks!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MWillis561 View Post
    So is anybody having the problem where whenever there is a voicemail or missed call it will always show the number 8 on the badge no matter if it's 1 or 7 calls that I missed. This just started happening after the upgrade. The settings that I am currently at right now is....

Save History - On
    Delete Recent Calls - On
    Restricted Number - On
    Address Book Only - On

and the rest of the settings are off.

Thanks.
    I have this problem also. When I get one missed call, 8 appears on my badge.

My settings are:
    Save History - On
    Delete Recent Calls - On
    Restricted Number - Off
    Address Book Only - Off

As an update to this. I removed iblacklist and the problem vanished, and then when I re-installed it the problem came right back.

Also, does not matter if iblacklist is on or off, as long as its installed I get the 8 badge after one missed call.

The app does not seem to work as well for me anymore either. I tested it by blacklisting my home number to busy signal and then called the phone. It rang 5 times, then it went to a busy signal. Upon looking at the springboard the iblacklist icon had a 5/0 on it. And the history showed 5 separate listings, one time for each time the line rang.
    Last edited by PhoneLine; 04-10-2009 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hi mates

This badge problem is being double checked and as soon as i got a report from a beta tester with visual voicemail available, i'll put another update on Cydia.

@PhoneLine

About the problem you described, i ensure you this part of code didn't change and it's exactly as the previous iBlacklist versions, so it really should no be presenting this behavior. Feel free to contact me on [email protected]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

hey spetro i had the password set and i updated my 3g iphone and everything works fine. i updated my wifes 2g iphone that had the password set and now when you type the password it fades out and iblacklist doesn`t open at all it goes back to the homescreen. i tried rebooting the phone and reinstalling it.how can i fix this cuz now i can`t even get it to work. if i uninstall it and reinstall it will i lose the numbers in the blacklist and will this fix the problem? thanx