+ Reply
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 663

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [2.0 - Release] iBlacklist - Call/SMS filtering application

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Since my upgrade to 2.2-1, I have crashed the app 2 separates times now by receiving a call that is forced to vm, while I am typing an sms message.
...
  1. #221
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Since my upgrade to 2.2-1, I have crashed the app 2 separates times now by receiving a call that is forced to vm, while I am typing an sms message. The phone freezes and it reboots the phone. when I start back up I can't launch iblacklist anymore. Sorry, this is the best way I can explain it.

  2. #222
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    359
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 187 Times in 122 Posts

    Calls and messages are events totally different and they trigger different things on your device.
    Please check the user manual available on www.iblacklist.com.br, on troubleshoot section.
    Wich is the sms application you are using?

  3. #223
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I am using apples supplied text message app or sms app. If I am typing a message and a call comes through it freezes my phone. It froze 5 or 6 times this past time before I got the blacklist won't launch and the database is incorrect screen. I don't have any my list sending auto replys and I only force people straight to voicemail. i don't have any clue what is cause this but I have removed the app itself and the 2 files you suggested in a previous post and I am still encountering this problem. It becomes very frustrating because I have to rebuild my lists each time so thats once a week so far.

    I also still crash if I add more than 5 to 6 contacts at a time from the recent calls list.
    Last edited by godwhyme; 01-08-2009 at 06:45 PM.

  4. #224
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    359
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 187 Times in 122 Posts

    We are invetigating this issue and hope to correct this problem for the new release.

  5. #225
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thanks for the reply, i was worried like it was something randomly happening that couldn't be reproduced because it happens to me so often the app is becoming tough to use, I have to reinstall it every 4 or 5 days.

  6. #226
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    359
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 187 Times in 122 Posts

    Actually, i could reproduce it here and i already worked on the solution. Now this problem does not happen anymore, it will be available on the next update, but if you would like to try it, please contact me on [email protected]

    Do you have visual voicemail enabled on your carrier plan?

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

    godwhyme (01-19-2009)

  8. #227
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post
    Actually, i could reproduce it here and i already worked on the solution. Now this problem does not happen anymore, it will be available on the next update, but if you would like to try it, please contact me on [email protected]

    Do you have visual voicemail enabled on your carrier plan?
    How about the issue I mentioned in post #212, will it be addressed as well?

  9. #228
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    359
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 187 Times in 122 Posts

    Yep, it's modified. Now a whitelist does not decrete the end of the search, so further whitelists can let the number go through, even if they have later priority.

  10. #229
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post
    Yep, it's modified. Now a whitelist does not decrete the end of the search, so further whitelists can let the number go through, even if they have later priority.
    That's nice to know. A reminder for missed calls/SMSs (From non-blocked/whitelist) contacts would be cool.

    BTW, do you have an estimated time frame for the next release?
    Last edited by Bloodlust; 01-18-2009 at 09:00 PM.

  11. #230
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post
    Actually, i could reproduce it here and i already worked on the solution. Now this problem does not happen anymore, it will be available on the next update, but if you would like to try it, please contact me on [email protected]

    Do you have visual voicemail enabled on your carrier plan?
    I currently have att and use visual voicemail. Does this cause some kind of interference with iblacklist. I would like to try the solution but I am ok with waiting for an update if it's not going to be too long before one is released.

  12. #231
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    359
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 187 Times in 122 Posts

    Actually the visual voicemail does not cause any problem, i'm interested in the results of the badge (red circle). I've sent you by e mail the test version. Please report me if it mess with your visual voicemail badge information.

    About the timeframe for the update. I'm waiting for Daniel, wich is responsible for the graphic application (the one you use to setup the iBlacklist system). I don't touch a finger on this. I'm only responsible for the library, wich is the one who actually does the job. So i'm waiting for him to make the changes and all the corrections on the current code.
    About the reminder for unblocked events, you can use my package called Notifier, wich i released an update yesterday to work with this new version of iBlacklist. Surely it won't conflict in any aspect. I can't speak about other reminders around Cydia, but this current Notifier version is working smoothly with iBlacklist.
    Last edited by spektro; 01-19-2009 at 04:13 AM.

  13. #232
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post
    Actually the visual voicemail does not cause any problem, i'm interested in the results of the badge (red circle). I've sent you by e mail the test version. Please report me if it mess with your visual voicemail badge information.

    About the timeframe for the update. I'm waiting for Daniel, wich is responsible for the graphic application (the one you use to setup the iBlacklist system). I don't touch a finger on this. I'm only responsible for the library, wich is the one who actually does the job. So i'm waiting for him to make the changes and all the corrections on the current code.
    About the reminder for unblocked events, you can use my package called Notifier, wich i released an update yesterday to work with this new version of iBlacklist. Surely it won't conflict in any aspect. I can't speak about other reminders around Cydia, but this current Notifier version is working smoothly with iBlacklist.
    Do you mean the "Notifier 2.0" which is available from bigboss's repo? So it does not conflict since both apps use their own status bar notification icons? Thanks...

  14. #233
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    359
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 187 Times in 122 Posts

    Actually, they always used their own statusbar icons. When i say conflict, i mean, both trying to set the badge on MobilePhone sb icon, but with different values, wich would cause the impression of iBlacklist not updating the badge value with the correct information.

  15. #234
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hello everyone. N00b here. Just wondering. I installed iBlacklist and I like what it does. But I need some help. I am not getting the vibration for the unblocked SMS's, either with the phone switch set to normal or set to "vibrate". I followed the instructions on the PDF file I downloaded, but still nothing.
    I used Psyl before, but I removed it. I searched in the root folder to make sure nothing was left of Psyl that would conflict with iBlacklist. But still nothing. Any ideas? I have status notifier and the lock screen widget installed so that I get the notification on the lock screen but not the sms pop-up. Please help

  16. #235
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post
    Actually, they always used their own statusbar icons. When i say conflict, i mean, both trying to set the badge on MobilePhone sb icon, but with different values, wich would cause the impression of iBlacklist not updating the badge value with the correct information.
    Ahh.. actually what I meant was to hope that the next release would have a reminder feature so that missed sms/calls from whitelists can alert the user every xx mins.

  17. #236
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    359
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 187 Times in 122 Posts

    Monstermac

    Check your Preferences app, Sounds tab.
    Make sure you have the Vibrate switch set to ON under the condition you want it to vibrate (silent switch set to ON or OFF), otherwise the phone won't vibrate for new calls or sms.

    These switches are the first 2 switches you see on Preferences->Sounds

    iBlacklist reads them in order to know if you want the phone vibrate when some new event is allowed.

  18. #237
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post
    Monstermac

    Check your Preferences app, Sounds tab.
    Make sure you have the Vibrate switch set to ON under the condition you want it to vibrate (silent switch set to ON or OFF), otherwise the phone won't vibrate for new calls or sms.

    These switches are the first 2 switches you see on Preferences->Sounds

    iBlacklist reads them in order to know if you want the phone vibrate when some new event is allowed.
    That was the first thing I did to make sure it was working. When I disable iBlacklist the SMS notification works as it should with no problems. But when I enable it, the vibration notification stops.
    I have tested this several times to make sure I didn't do something wrong. Maybe it's got to be some other app interfering with this. What do you think?

  19. #238
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    359
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 187 Times in 122 Posts

    Wich iBlacklist version are you using?

  20. #239
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post
    Wich iBlacklist version are you using?
    I downloaded it Saturday from Cydia. It is the 2.2 version. It is not registered yet, because I'm testing it to see if it works for me. It has so far, but that's the only issue I have.

  21. #240
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    359
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 187 Times in 122 Posts

    Ok. Actually, the sound and vibration of unblocked messages are handled by iBlacklist ONLY if the Extras->SMS Privacy is set to ON, wich will remove the popup on lock screen and also the popup on springboard, but needs to still play the sound and vibration as your preferences.
    If the SMS Privacy is OFF, iBlacklist does not need to handle the vibration/sound notifications, since it's done by the OS automatically when the sms arrives and the popups are shown.
    This result is really strange, you should be getting the vibration as i do here, and as all users does have.
    Do you have the SMS Privacy set to ON? Under wich condition don't you have the vibration?

    I've tried to reproduce it here with no success, trying every single setup for SMS Privacy, iPhone locked/unlocked and other setups. Note if you have the MobileSMS app opened, the popups notifications won't happen.
    Last edited by spektro; 01-19-2009 at 10:29 AM.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts