+ Reply
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [2.0 - Release] iBlacklist - Call/SMS filtering application

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by spektro If i correctly understood what you want is, enable Address Book Only option, so you will accept only people in your address book and block all
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post
    If i correctly understood what you want is, enable Address Book Only option, so you will accept only people in your address book and block all the others, BUT still use a blacklist to remove from the extended address book acceptance some contacts that are on your address book but you don't want to accept, OR use a whitelist to include people that are not in your address book to also be accepted (and not be blocked by the fact that they are not in your address book.

If this is what you want, yes, you can do it.
    The list with the priority 1 will be always used when the address book only option is ON.
    As a result, you can:

Blacklist - exclude people that are in your address book without the need to delete them from it;

OR

Whitelist - include people that are not in your address book to be accepted.
    Just registered yesterday night. Activation key came after I woke up. Great proggie. Much more flexible than Mcleaner IMO. Anyway, I just thought you should know that the whole phone hung once while I was adjusting the timings in the scheduler. Iphone 2g 16gb firmware 2.2.

Anyway, I got one more question. I still don't quite understand what the Section 2.11 "Action Setup View->Action for whitelist" is for. To me, whitelists are for contacts which do not intend to be filtered in anyway so what are the 4 choices for? Also what is the usage of "Use for blacklist". Please enlighten me. Thanks.
    Last edited by Bloodlust; 12-22-2008 at 08:01 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Those 4 options are there in case for some reason you do want to filter your whitelist. Lets say you don't want to be disturbed but still want to use the phone for internet or email, you can't put on airplane mode, but if you send your whitelist to voicemail for example, you can use the phone and get back to people later. I really don't have much use for that either, but its nice to know its there. Personally, I don't even have a whitelist, just a blacklist.

The other 'Apply to Blacklist' option will override all your custom blacklists and apply that filter.

For example, lets say you have 6 numbers blacklisted. 4 are set to busy signal and 2 to go to voicemail. If you set the Apply to Blacklist option to On and your selection is voicemail, all the blacklisted numbers (including the 4 set to busy signal) go to voicemail while that option is On. So, its a quick way to set a global rule, instead of going back and editing each blacklisted contact.
    Last edited by PhoneLine; 12-23-2008 at 07:06 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just been testing out 2.2-1... nice work spectro et al.. the individual contact filtering is what i've been waiting for to sell me.. i've been using iblacklist for a whiel, and that's the final thing i'd been waiting for.. one question though.. what's the diff between No Action and voicemail, other than voicemail send them to voicemail immediately vs.. no action just makes them wait the 4 rings.. (or is there something here i'm missing?)

thanks.

Thanks

When I set mine to no action, I see the call come in when I look at the phone, it will say the person is calling and show their photo if you have one assigned, but the phone does not ring or vibrate or anything.

Pretty much the call comes in, but the phone takes no action aside from simply displaying the call.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi Spektro, just need to know :

I have contact(s) in my address book which I want to set via scheduler to a certain filter during a specific time period. Also, I enabled address book only so that only contacts in my address book can get through. The thing is :

1) I have 3 active lists, 1 is a general blacklist with specific contacts which I choose to filter call/sms with different blacklist options. The 3rd list is hooked to a scheduler (inside interval) and the contact(s) are also listed to the address book.

2) I set the priority as 1 for the 3rd list & priority 3 for the general blacklist. Now if this contact in the 3rd list calls it gets blocked. But if I were to assign the 3rd list to priority 2, the contact is able to get through. I read the manual and it mentioned that the system searches for the contacts and if it is found it blocks it according to the type of blacklist filter assigned to it.

3) So in general, this is a bug (I hope) and it only happens if :

a) The contact is listed in the address book WITH "address book only" option set to ON. Everything works as planned if the address book option is off
    b) The contact which is in the address book does NOT get blocked if the active list assigned to it is not set to PRIORITY 1
    c) The contact is only tied to one active list so there are no conflicts.
    d) I hope to see that the blacklist option still works even if the contact is in the address book with address book option set to "on" and really letting "Priories" determine it.
    e) You might be wondering why I am so picky. Well, I just need certain contacts to be able to look for me within a certain time frame during the day. So I just thought of creating an active list with a scheduler active.
    f) It would really be awesome if the next version would not crash with irealsms's quick reply feature. When Iblacklist is installed AND enabled, the phone resprings by itself.

Address Book Only: If this switch is set to ON, the software will automatically accept only people present in your Address Book, and reject who isn’t there. Please note the active list has precedence over it. This feature is disabled in unregistered mode.

(In Page 27 of the users manual)

---------------------------------------

I hope this can get fixed in the next release. Also hope to see a SMS/call reminder feature as well. Thanks for taking note.
    Last edited by Bloodlust; 12-26-2008 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

@ rapanuy

Yes, this option is grayed out because you are using an unregistered version. Also, when adding contacts to blacklists, you can set wich contact is eligible to receive the auto reply sms. You can set the auto reply sms (enable it and write your own text) for blocked calls on Call Settings -> Auto Reply SMS, and for blocked SMS in SMS Settings->Auto Reply SMS

@ sorphin

The no action is exactly what it says. The phone takes no action. It does not disconnect the call immediately. It also does not ring or vibrate your device neither will undim it when in lock, but the phone will show it when you press the Home button, because when you press it, it triggers a lot of invisible actions on your device, and one of them detects there is a call. This can't be avoided since it's an OS routine.

@ Bloodlust

First i'd like to thank you for the feedback and say this hang problem can happen due to some incompatibility with another application. I really know that quickgold direct conflicts with iBlacklist causing exactly the same behavior you described.
    About the Action Setup on main view. It's a definition of the action the phone will take when a call is to be blocked. You know, whitelists are lists to accept people, but what about those ones that are not in your whitelist? They will be blocked. But blocked using wich action? The Action Setup !!! Since this update introduces individual setup actions for contacts in blacklists, we need to setup wich action will be taken when a call is blocked due to an unmatch when using a whitelist.
    About your post above. Currently, only the list with priority 1 is searched and it's contacts will be effectively blocked before the address book search is performed. That's why you see it working correctly when you set your third list to priority 1, and it stop working when you set it to a different priority, like you said priority 2.
    Actually, it can be changed to perform the whole active lists search first and if the contact is not to be blocked, it will check the address book to let the call go though or be blocked. If you would like to receive a new library to use until the fix is not on Cydia, please contact [email protected]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

rapanuy (12-26-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi there - not running out of questions ;-)
    I updated your file manually this morning, but also found a 2.2-1 version in Cydia this evening, which I then updated.

My iPhone shows now Version 2.2

What do I have now installed? Does Cydia already have the correct one?

Thx,
    Mike

Green Apple
    Thanks

@ Bloodlust

First i'd like to thank you for the feedback and say this hang problem can happen due to some incompatibility with another application. I really know that quickgold direct conflicts with iBlacklist causing exactly the same behavior you described.
    About the Action Setup on main view. It's a definition of the action the phone will take when a call is to be blocked. You know, whitelists are lists to accept people, but what about those ones that are not in your whitelist? They will be blocked. But blocked using wich action? The Action Setup !!! Since this update introduces individual setup actions for contacts in blacklists, we need to setup wich action will be taken when a call is blocked due to an unmatch when using a whitelist.
    About your post above. Currently, only the list with priority 1 is searched and it's contacts will be effectively blocked before the address book search is performed. That's why you see it working correctly when you set your third list to priority 1, and it stop working when you set it to a different priority, like you said priority 2.
    Actually, it can be changed to perform the whole active lists search first and if the contact is not to be blocked, it will check the address book to let the call go though or be blocked. If you would like to receive a new library to use until the fix is not on Cydia, please contact [email protected]
    To make it brief, this alternate library will allow me to turn on the address book only feature, let me assign contacts to be blocked on more than 1 active list and will definitely work regardless of which priority I assign the active list to? Sounds good, but if a future update comes out will it include this fix? Will I have to apply the library again should a new version appear? Thanks..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You will be abled to operate exactly like you mentioned. The address book will only be taken into consideration if, at the end of the search on all lists, the number wasn't blocked.
    About the update, it will come in a near future, and will have this fix and probably some new things.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@spektro

I don't remember what version of iblacklist I downloaded. But I know have 2.2-1 and before this update had no problem running the app. Now the app won't launch and says that I need to run the program to up date the database and until I do it will deactivate iblacklist. I have emailed support 2xs with no reply and I have downloaded your file you provided and set the permissions to 775. I also tried removing and reinstalling the app and it still crashes on launch.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Uninstall it and manually delete this folder: /var/mobile/Library/iBlacklist
    Then reboot and reinstall. It shall be back again.

Green Apple
    Thanks

You will be abled to operate exactly like you mentioned. The address book will only be taken into consideration if, at the end of the search on all lists, the number wasn't blocked.
    About the update, it will come in a near future, and will have this fix and probably some new things.
    Thanks for the reply. May I know whether this will appear in the next update or later?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rapanuy View Post
    Hi there - not running out of questions ;-)
    I updated your file manually this morning, but also found a 2.2-1 version in Cydia this evening, which I then updated.

My iPhone shows now Version 2.2

What do I have now installed? Does Cydia already have the correct one?

Thx,
    Mike
    Im still curious whats to be shown in the version: 2.2 oder 2.2-1?

Thx,
    Mike

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ah, alright, this indeed wasn't changed since the 2.2-1 was out just because the deb package was redone with a wrong library, so i asked bigboss to launch a new version with the correct library. As he used the current 2.2 files, but needs to launch a new version, he obviously must change the version of the package, so that's why you installed the 2.2-1 package but it shows 2.2 on About.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ever since version 2.1, if I initiate an SMS from the iBlacklist software, the default SMS app opens and the recipient is populated. The problem is that there are 2 forward slashes in front of the number. Anyone else notice this?

Also, it would be cool to set up a fake password that opens the app but shows no contacts or history.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to OctopusPrime For This Useful Post:

rapanuy (12-31-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This typo on code has been addressed and the fix will be available soon.

Green Apple
    Thanks

This typo on code has been addressed and the fix will be available soon.
    Hi, how about the fix you mentioned in post #212, will it be addressed in the next release as well?

Thanks

spektro, quick question.

The Restricted Number option, On the past version when you set that on, the blocked/anonymous numbers would be handled in the same way the callers were as there was one global setting, all were busy, sent to VM, etc.

Now that individual settings can be set per number, does that option just block the blocked/anonymous callers? All I see about it is either ON or OFF, no option as to how they will be handled. I would like to be able to send those directly to VM if possible. Is there a way to set it so blocked calls go directly to VM? Not a huge issue, but I'm curious.

thanks.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Now they are managed as the Action Setup says. The Action Setup is also used for the disconnection option when the block happened due to a whitelists non match.

Thanks

Ah! I see. Perfect. thanks!