Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Categories 2.00b - Available for testing

Thanks

Unplug the iPhone, close iTunes, reboot computer and plug in iPhon again then reopen iTunes. same thing happened to me and I installed manually.

Somved much of the lag i was experiencing. I went an opened every app that i had put into menus. I found that some of the app store apps would be very slow and one did not open at all. I deleted those apps (remember to remove them from them menu first or that menu will crash the next time you try to open it- read down for fix for this problem) I then unchecked them from iTunes sync. I synced the iphone. Then keeping the phone plugged in I rebooted 3 times. Then i rechecked the apps that I wanted to keep and synced again. I put the apps back into the category menus and things work much smoother.

Fix for when you delete an app and forget to remove it from the Categories menu:

Use Winscp or equivalent program and open the /Applications folder. You will see folders listed for your menus that you have created with Categories. Open the appropriate folder and you will see a file called list.txt. Open this file and simply delete the entry for the app that you deleted. Save the file. Your menu will then open correctly.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

No ******** allowed.. lol
    As stated its beta.. Install at your own risk
    but i for one have learned, especially regarding categories. I cant remember how many times i banged my head against the wall because of categories...
    It's an awesome app and a must have. However, very complexed and unstable initially. The first series of releases will cause most to either ssh and mod files or restore. Be patient thou, big boss will do his best as per usual.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to port this over.
    Looking forward to future releases.

Anything new planned for this app?
    Major credit to the Programmers.
    Your efforts makes the IPHONE that much better. Thank You! Without you, There is no Us!!

I believe in beta testing for free and paying for Smooth integrated, Compatible, and functioning Apps.

Thanks

I swear, I wished some developers charged for apps like these, so that the people complaining could shut up. It annoys me so much to hear people complain after something that's been done for FREE and took a long time to finish.

Anyways categories works great!

works great for me on 3G 2.0.1

just saw there was an update

besides differences with version I had on 1.1.4 this app is working as expected and I can't wait for the updates. I have been longing to have this on 2.0.2 Yesssss!

ohh and tigermad if you really want those icons changed and use the same theme alot you can ssh and change each apps icon with that of your theme. It will be a process but it will be rewarding. Just make sure to back up the original icons before you overwrite.
    Last edited by evolutionarymc; 09-03-2008 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This made my day! Thanks BigBoss, 9 pages of icons down to one! I feel the same joy as I did on my 1.14 ROM.....No problems here and even an update on Cydia tonight, way to go man, good programming! Suck on this AppStore and evil Steven Jobs

this thing works horrible for me, i manage to get my apps in its in categories. but once i tap on a application inside its own category it takes up to 30 seconds for it to load.

AIM: eQuiS Ch3x

Quote Originally Posted by 613BulletProof View Post
    this thing works horrible for me, i manage to get my apps in its in categories. but once i tap on a application inside its own category it takes up to 30 seconds for it to load.
    There is an update in cydia that reduce time for about 30 sec

Green Apple
    Thanks

I updated Categories today and when I create a new folder, it shows up on the springboard but not in the Categories prgram so I'm unable to add any apps to the folder nor can I delete the folder. Anyone having these issues? Using v2.03b
    iphoneaddcitmmiqd4

Got the app installed and love it, but just one question. Does anyone know if we can change a folders icon after it has been created and has apps inside it? It doesn't look like you can. Anyone?

Thanks

does anyone know if we can download more icons for categories? i liked the hard drive icon and several others that were in the pervious version for 114...

possible ssh'ing them?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by critic81 View Post
    Got the app installed and love it, but just one question. Does anyone know if we can change a folders icon after it has been created and has apps inside it? It doesn't look like you can. Anyone?
    In the previous version you were not able to do this. You had to removed all apps from the category, delete the category, then recreate.
    Your efforts makes the IPHONE that much better. Thank You! Without you, There is no Us!!

I believe in beta testing for free and paying for Smooth integrated, Compatible, and functioning Apps.

Quote Originally Posted by dmighty View Post
    In the previous version you were not able to do this. You had to removed all apps from the category, delete the category, then recreate.
    If you have a theme going you can. SSH into the theme's folder-icons and just insert the PNG with the name of your folder like- nameofyourfolder.PNG and it should show up with the new icon after rebooting.

If you don't use a theme, i dunno.

i'm a big fan of the latest update. i prefer the loading screen over having the icons pop up. it also seems to be starting up quite a bit faster.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Thanks

Ok, so i downloaded the third revision, created a folder called games and added two applications initially. Everything worked well. Went back into categories to add aditional games to the folder. However, when i access the games folder, it doesnt show any of the additions. Categories does show the games within the folders though.

UPDATE: Interesting... I went into categories to remove one of the games i added to see if it would come back onto the springboard. not only did it come back on the springboard, the games folder now shows all the games i added except the one i removed...
    After noticing this i went back into categories to re-add the one removed, however after respringing it doesnt show

Update 2 : If i go back into categories and re-order the apps within a category, they all show up afterwards

Everything seems to be function quite well. Loading of the category seems reasonably quick but i only have 2 folders created at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    If you have a theme going you can. SSH into the theme's folder-icons and just insert the PNG with the name of your folder like- nameofyourfolder.PNG and it should show up with the new icon after rebooting.

If you don't use a theme, i dunno.

yes, your correct....sorry! i thought he was asking if you can rename the folder.. did i respond to the wrong post
    Last edited by dmighty; 09-04-2008 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default much slower
    For me, version 2.02b was MUCH faster but only for the first 2 or 3 folders I created. From 2.03b on, things slowed down considerably with the appearance of the Loading icon. I do have about a hundred apps installed so I guess I can't expect too much.

Thanks

For me, version 2.02b was MUCH faster but only for the first 2 or 3 folders I created. From 2.03b on, things slowed down considerably with the appearance of the Loading icon. I do have about a hundred apps installed so I guess I can't expect too much.
    Interesting. Min seems aignificantly faster. What I like about the loading icon is it lets you know when the app icons will actually open the app. In the previous versions AI noticed that I had to wait a bit before a tap would open an app. If you watched closely the screen would flicker slightly then the app icons would work.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Man, I dont know what it is but everytime I create a folder and respring, my phone hangs. I have to SSH in and fix it. I did a fresh restore and PWN and tried it and it does the same thing. I must be cursed. Running latest firmware and latest version of categories.

I initially thought I was hanging too. Until I realised it was just really slow to respring after creating folders. Like minutes slow.

This program isn't w/o it's problems though. Upon my first try at installing, my phone wouldn't leave Cydia or reboot, forcing me to restore.

Thanks

Have had the program installed and functioning, for the most part, fine for the last few days. however, I just tried to sync and it attempted to reinstall all my apps again.
    Did moving them into categories give ITUNES the impression they were never installed.
    It failed and continued to sync fine thereafter.

This many not be related to categories as i havent researched if others are having or had this problem...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast