Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Categories 2.00b - Available for testing

iPhone? More like MyPhone compton,Tx's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks Beta Testers, it's on Cydia now!

SO excited to see this! setting it all up right now...
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Whenever I create a categorie and put stuff in it, my phone hangs while respringing. Anyone else have that issue?

Thanks SOOO MUCH BIGBOSS!!! I have been waiting since I upgraded for this App! WOOOHOOO!!!

it's a bit slow through the menus. crashes whenever i open up a folder ive created and a bit laggy when opening a program from inside the created folder.

other than that.... it's pretty nice.

It works like a charm... just like the old ..

SWEET

here are screen shots
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -folder-1.png   -folders.png   -icon.png   -launch-screen.png  

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

its great finally
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

Thanks

the springboard reset kept going forever. I hard-powered my phone off and everything seems to have still worked.

Hello,

How to use my Theme icons in Categories instead of Original ?

Thanks

the respeing does take a while but dont worry. Develops some patience and it works fine! If u do wanna check it's working plug it in to charge. When it resprings it will vibrate 1ce to say loading then a 2nd time when it finishes just before the screen freezes then gets brighter and then it is locked ready to be played with.
    It will take a min or so but at least that way you know it's still coin summin.
    I love this app, I'm on a 3g so it's the first I seen of it. I now have one page of games instead of 3 and only 1 springboard page!!! It's awesome. Works without a hitch too. Just looking forward to being able to change icons now, also 2 quick questions,
    1.) anyone know if badges still work?
    2.) to upgrade apps must u remove them from catagories first?

Thanks

Smee

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Installed it via cydia earlier today and so far i've been unable to get my phone to work, now it just hangs at the apple screen all the time.

When i get home later i'll be doing a restore and once i re-jailbreak my phone i'll try it again (i'm going to install it before i install anything else).

This is no good. When you put the icons in the subsection the original icons come back. I want the customized icons I have made for the theme.

Thanks

it's a bit slow through the menus. crashes whenever i open up a folder ive created and a bit laggy when opening a program from inside the created folder.
    I have seen this as well, it is much more pronounced for app store apps than Cydia apps though. WeDict wont open at all . I was going to try to uninstall that app and reinstall and see if this improves if the app is installed after Categories.

The springboard reset kept going forever. I hard-powered my phone off and everything seems to have still worked
    Yes, the first respring takes a very long time.

This is no good. When you put the icons in the subsection the original icons come back. I want the customized icons I have made for the theme.
    Remember this is still BETA, a work in progress. Big Boss made a big effort to get us SOMETHING. He is working on this and I do believe that that feature will eventually be added. I miss my themed icons in the folders as well, but I'm just glad to get them off the springboard and have a clean and matching theme that shows most of the time. The priority was to organize all the icons. This is a very difficult app to write it takes time.

If you are speaking of the icons for the actual main menus, you will have to add them to your theme yourself. Just name the icon the same name as your category and add it to the theme icon folder. If you are referring to all the app icons within the menus, we will just have to be patient.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

tigermad (09-03-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by tigermad View Post
    Thanks BHZ1. Yes, Bigboss is planning on it working with the winterboard themes in the future so I will be patient.

Where can i follow what bigboss plans are lolzz, is their any website for status of what they are doing ?

Quote Originally Posted by netuser View Post
    Where can i follow what bigboss plans are lolzz, is their any website for status of what they are doing ?
    - iPhone News & Review

iPhone? More like MyPhone marys25's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tigermad View Post
    I commented about this on his site, about how the old version had it so it can revert to the themed icons. he did say that at the moment theme icons are not supported but will be working on that and will include it in a future update

well.. I thought I'd give it a shot & now my iphone 3g is stuck on the pwnage pineapple logo.. great..

not sure if its related, but after installing via cydia, my itunes (mac 7.7.0) no longer detects my iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by StonerPimp View Post
    Installed it via cydia earlier today and so far i've been unable to get my phone to work, now it just hangs at the apple screen all the time.

When i get home later i'll be doing a restore and once i re-jailbreak my phone i'll try it again (i'm going to install it before i install anything else).
    Same problem here, seems installing categories has broken my phone until restore

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast