Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Release: iSwitcher

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I did it and i got the correct results but was it supposed to do anything. Nothing really changed.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Shimizu1006's Avatar
    Thanks

I did it and i got the correct results but was it supposed to do anything. Nothing really changed.
    Sent From My iPhone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jtrwallace View Post
    OK, before I did it on the phone. This time I SSH'd into the phone and ran LoadTheme. These are my exact results:

iPhone$ ./LoadTheme
    rm: cannot remove `/tmp/ThemeList/FWop.thm': Is a directory
    rm: cannot remove `/tmp/ThemeList/Matrix.thm': Is a directory
    ditto: can't get real path for source

So, what could I be doing wrong?
    Can you send me your theme zip file (cybergreg at hotmail dot com)? It looks like your zip file has a subfolder. It needs to have just the icons, so like when you double click it, all the icons should extract to whatever is your current folder. I'm guessing it makes a folder called "FWop.thm" and puts the icons in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimizu1006 View Post
    Okay, sorry, you have to be more specific, you did "what"?
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 08-27-2007 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Shimizu1006's Avatar
    Thanks

sorry haha- i did the ls /tmp/ThemeList thing. Can i send u my zip too-i got the same exact error message.
    Sent From My iPhone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shimizu1006 View Post
    sorry haha- i did the ls /tmp/ThemeList thing. Can i send u my zip too-i got the same exact error message.
    Yup, n/p

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i really need help can some tell me an easier way to make themes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by icdre View Post
    i really need help can some tell me an easier way to make themes.
    Sure HEAD ON OVER TO THIS FORUM, you can see what and how other people have created themes. This is the applications forum.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I loaded v.11 and had it switching fine through the preloaded themes, I got greedy and loaded v.20, now I can preview the themes and it goes to load them but it doesn't change the theme. Is there a step that I had to do with v.20 that I didn't with v.11. I way over my head with most of this because I still don't understand almost any of the stuff I do, I usually just follow directions pretty good. I'm not trying to add my own themes yet, I'm just trying to scroll through the ones that CyberGreg included

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Please someone help me! I installed iSwitcher, but after i applied theme it's not showing other non-original applications (for example Books, and Mobile Finder). I can't find icons as well as even I uninstalled iSwicher still cannot get icons of the fresh installed applications.

Any idea what's the reason?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lilscrappydew25 View Post
    I loaded v.11 and had it switching fine through the preloaded themes, I got greedy and loaded v.20, now I can preview the themes and it goes to load them but it doesn't change the theme. Is there a step that I had to do with v.20 that I didn't with v.11. I way over my head with most of this because I still don't understand almost any of the stuff I do, I usually just follow directions pretty good. I'm not trying to add my own themes yet, I'm just trying to scroll through the ones that CyberGreg included
    No, the same process applies with v0.2 as did with v0.11. It would help if you had either Terminal installed or can SSH into yur iPhone. In either method, type the following:
    cd /Applications/thm.cgTV.app
    ./LoadTheme

Now observe what is being displayed on the screen. Hopefully it will help in debugging the process and what's not working.

Quote Originally Posted by caprin View Post
    Please someone help me! I installed iSwitcher, but after i applied theme it's not showing other non-original applications (for example Books, and Mobile Finder). I can't find icons as well as even I uninstalled iSwicher still cannot get icons of the fresh installed applications.

Any idea what's the reason?
    Yes, when you installed and ran iSwitcher it loaded the DisplayOrder.plist file that was included in the theme. That DisplayOrder.plist will hide all but the newest applications, including Finder and Books from the homescreen. Did you install iLauncher or do you have any other Launcher app? If not you have a few options;
    a. install and use iLauncher (included with the bundle)
    b. install Launcher (get it from Installer or a few other places).
    c. edit the DisplayOrder.plist file and then save it to /var/root/Media/ThemeMaster (make sure you are uisng iSwitcherv0.2
    Sorry, hope that helps.

As a last resort I can send you an unmodified DisplayOrder.plist file and then all of your non-Apple apps will show up on the home screen (max 4).

Thanks

Lookin good. Any chance the next revision will have the same feel as Weather widget, for example, in that rather than flicking once and continuously scrolling it only advances to the next theme with the same rubberband feel?
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can someone walk me through of what chmod is? I'm trying to get this to work but I don't know how.
    Last edited by SethChas; 08-29-2007 at 12:10 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SethChas View Post
    can someone walk me through of what chmod is? I'm trying to get this to work but I don't know how.
    In a nutshell its setting the permissions a particular way. I FTP the files to my phone and when I Get Info I can set the permissions to match the other files. Hack My iPhone has instructions on how to set your phone up by FTP.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to darngooddesign For This Useful Post:

CyberGreg (08-29-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks that helps but now when I do chmod +x on things I get an error message that says.

usage: chmod [-R [-H | -L | -P]] mode file ...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
    Lookin good. Any chance the next revision will have the same feel as Weather widget, for example, in that rather than flicking once and continuously scrolling it only advances to the next theme with the same rubberband feel?
    YUP

That's definitely on the to-do list but after I cleanup and combine the scripting code (next release) so it might be awhile. Plus I've got to figure out Elliot's code, remember I tweaked his Launcher code for iSwitcher, there's a lot of code that I'm clueless about

Edit, maybe I should add the new 'motion' code so you just tip your iPhone to scroll... no, just kidding that would sux.

Quote Originally Posted by SethChas View Post
    thanks that helps but now when I do chmod +x on things I get an error message that says.

usage: chmod [-R [-H | -L | -P]] mode file ...
    Please post your method of running chmod, that would be a big help in troubleshooting.

To run it through Terminal in your iPhone, launch Terminal and type
    cd <directory where the file is> so to chmod on a theme file
    cd /Applications/thm.cgOEM.app and press return, now type
    chmod +x Loadtheme and press return

When it's successful, you don't anything on the screen, however if it can't find the file name then it will list an error similar to the one you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
    In a nutshell its setting the permissions a particular way. I FTP the files to my phone and when I Get Info I can set the permissions to match the other files. Hack My iPhone has instructions on how to set your phone up by FTP.
    Thanks for helping out!
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 08-29-2007 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the help so far.

I got the chmod to work from FTP, but I'm still having a problem starting iSwitcher.

When I click on the icon on my phone all I get is a black screen. Please let me know what else I'm missing.

Thanks

Are these the correct permissions?

Theme ZIP file: 644

Theme APP Folder: 755

PNGs (inside App folder): 644

Load Theme (inside App folder): 755

Plist (inside App folder): 664 or 644?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to darngooddesign For This Useful Post:

SethChas (08-30-2007)

Thanks

CyberGreg, can u explain in the most detailed way how to zip a file using ditto. or zip the file for the Original GunMetal 4 with the wires in the background or on the dock, I suck at this! Thanks in advanced.

Or anybody for that matter.
    Last edited by lilscrappydew25; 08-30-2007 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lilscrappydew25 View Post
    CyberGreg, can u explain in the most detailed way how to zip a file using ditto. or zip the file for the Original GunMetal 4 with the wires in the background or on the dock, I suck at this! Thanks in advanced.

Or anybody for that matter.
    Take a copy of GunMetal4 w/wire theme. Painstakingly copy and rename all the icons you want to use into one folder called cgGunMetal2.thm (this way you don't have to install a new app folder) or any one of the other 10 included themes. Just copy the MobileSlideShow icons in as is but for all the other icons you must name them exactly the same as the Application folder (i.e. the phone icon is named MobilePhone.png). Okay now look in the Extras folder and in there you'll find a Make_Zip.sh script. Copy that into the same folder as your theme folder. Let's say you have a Work folder, put both the theme folder and the Make_Zip.sh script in it.

Open up Terminal app and type:
    cd (that's a space after the cd) and now drag the Work folder to the Terminal window and press enter
    Terminal is now "in" your Work folder, type:
    ./Make_Zip.sh cgGunMetal2.thm (and press enter)
    The shell script will 'ditto' the folder for you. Upload it to your /var/root/Media/Themes folder. Make sure you also put the matching SBDockGB2.png file into the matching thm app folder.

Thanks

Default iSwitcher
    Great App...worked like a charm; used WinZip and Windows Vista PC...

Thanks

cool, thanks i got it now....I hope