Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Release: iSwitcher

Anyone having permission problems downloading the file? I can download off the site, just not this file. Another link available?

Default Updated versions
    Quote Originally Posted by lookatthemonkeys View Post
    Anyone having permission problems downloading the file? I can download off the site, just not this file. Another link available?
    Yup, sorry... I have uploaded two revisions and they are pending in the download section.

Version 0.11 - the bundle now has the required Unix utilities to make the magic happen

Version 2.0 - Tweaked the Loadtheme script again. It now installs Docks that are placed in each theme app folder. I've also allowed for a 'master' DisplayOrder.plist file. Here's the order of install that happens:
    1. Extracts the the theme zip file
    2. Installs all the icons that match
    3. Installs a DisplayOrder.plist file if included in theme zip
    4. Installs any SBDockBG2.png file that is present in the theme app folder
    5. Installs any DisplayOrder.plist file that is present in the theme app folder
    6. Installs any DisplayOrder.plist file that is present in /var/root/Media/ThemeMaster folder

Items 4, 5 and 6 are obviously user changeable files. In fact there is NO ThemeMaster DisplayOrder.plist file provided and must be created / installed by the user. This allows complete control over the themes and the user can provide just one DisplayOrder.plist file regardless of the number themes installed.

This bundle now includes 10 themes, all with Docks. I'll update this post once the downloads have been approved.

Please help support MMi by checking out the STORE

Why not set it up to run with Installer.app?

Cant wait to try. Hopefully it will be approved soon!

Quote Originally Posted by AustinSTI View Post
    Why not set it up to run with Installer.app?
    Installer app is a closed 'proprietary' system. I'm working with pxl which is an open source alternative and the package will work with iBrickr and Breezy.

hey guys little new to this but having some issues i used ibricker to download iswaper all was good untill i tried to change a theme it said it did so but when it kicks me back to the main screen my theme is the same iam i missing something here?

EDIT:got it working seems the BSD ulti did the trick nice prog and keep up the good work
    Last edited by SunnyBwoy; 08-27-2007 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyBwoy View Post
    hey guys little new to this but having some issues i used ibricker to download iswaper all was good untill i tried to change a theme it said it did so but when it kicks me back to the main screen my theme is the same iam i missing something here?

EDIT:got it working seems the BSD ulti did the trick nice prog and keep up the good work
    Wait! this is so cool, I'm like a kid in a candy shop

You got it working? Yeah!!!!! I'll pm you with a download link for version 0.2 if you'd like. It has 5 additional themes, installs new Dock images and you can set your own DisplayOrder.plist for al your themes.

This is a great app. It took me a while to get my theme set up and running. But now I've got it working great. I was about to ask about changing the dock last night. Looks like you're right on top of this.

Oh, btw, I like the mod you did for iLauncher, now i can get Installer.app off of my homescreen.
    Last edited by minoba82; 08-27-2007 at 12:56 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iSwap vs iLauncher
    What do most people use, iSwap or iLauncher?

I have been using the iSwap lately and I perfer this over the iLauncher. It would be nice for the owners of the iSwap and the iSwitcher to buddy up and develop some kind of ISwap-U-Switchen App.

Ok I'm having an issue. I have made a lot of themes myself so I figured this would be perfect for me. I did everything exactly as you said and I have installed two themes plus the included OEM theme. When I go into iSwitcher it shows the two themes and the OEM theme and when I select either of mine own, it just installs the OEM theme. I have no idea why... do you?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Shimizu1006's Avatar
    Thanks

This is the same problem that is happening to me. All the other ones work except mine doesnt install anything when i click on it. hmmmm
    Sent From My iPhone

OK, So, now I've gotten the them to install my display order and my dock and the icons for the apps that aren't original apps. However, the original apps refuse to change their icons... What could be the problem here?

Quote Originally Posted by jtrwallace View Post
    Ok I'm having an issue. I have made a lot of themes myself so I figured this would be perfect for me. I did everything exactly as you said and I have installed two themes plus the included OEM theme. When I go into iSwitcher it shows the two themes and the OEM theme and when I select either of mine own, it just installs the OEM theme. I have no idea why... do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimizu1006 View Post
    This is the same problem that is happening to me. All the other ones work except mine doesnt install anything when i click on it. hmmmm
    First check your app folder, lets call it thm.cooltheme.app. Now lets also say you uploaded your new theme zip file to /var/root/Media/Themes as cooltheme.thm.zip. So now check in the /Applications/thm.cooltheme.app folder and edit the installer script called LoadTheme (it's just a plain text file). The third line of the file now says:
    j=cgOEM.thm.zip

You need to edit this and change it to:
    j=cooltheme.thm.zip

Make sure that's all you change and your theme zip file should not have any spaces in its name. This was the part that I was really trying to come up with a better approach but could not. Sorry..

Notice - both version 0.11 and 0.20 are now available in the DOWNLOADS section
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 08-27-2007 at 03:06 PM.

OK, that was my original problem, but now I have that figured out. But, like I said just before you posted that, Only certain apps will change their names. iLauncher and all of the original apps wont change... just the new apps change. Any ideas why? And, yes, they are all named perfectly.

EDIT: Not only that, I just realized its not even installing the correct themes on those new apps... I'm so confused as to how its doing that.
    Last edited by jtrwallace; 08-27-2007 at 03:19 PM.

Thanks

do you think maybe were not chmoding the right things?
    Sent From My iPhone

To help in debugging your new themes, you can run the application from Terminal (as long as you have it installed )

cd /Applications/thm.cooltheme.app
    ./LoadTheme

You'll see lots of text and if you have a CHMOD problem it will list as permission denied or hopefully some other error message.

ok so I ran it in term vt100 and it said ditto: cannot fund real source (something something) path
    I dont remember exactly what it said but it was something like that and at the beginning it also had an error about a tmp directory

Thanks

i got that too but it said that over and over and over until it quit and did the swirly thing (as if it were installing the theme) and im using mobileterminal or w.e its called.
    Last edited by Shimizu1006; 08-27-2007 at 04:23 PM. Reason: to add info
    Sent From My iPhone

OK, before I did it on the phone. This time I SSH'd into the phone and ran LoadTheme. These are my exact results:

iPhone$ ./LoadTheme
    rm: cannot remove `/tmp/ThemeList/FWop.thm': Is a directory
    rm: cannot remove `/tmp/ThemeList/Matrix.thm': Is a directory
    ditto: can't get real path for source

So, what could I be doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by jtrwallace View Post
    ok so I ran it in term vt100 and it said ditto: cannot fund real source (something something) path
    I dont remember exactly what it said but it was something like that and at the beginning it also had an error about a tmp directory
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimizu1006 View Post
    i got that too but it said that over and over and over until it quit and did the swirly thing (as if it were installing the theme) and im using mobileterminal or w.e its called.
    Okay, the /tmp folder is where it extracts the theme zip file, well actually it extracts the file to the /tmp/ThemeList folder. Don't worry, you don't have to create the ThemeList folder, the ditto command does that.

The first part of the script removes all the files in the /tmp/ThemeList folder (it does this for several reasons, mostly to clearout the previous themes icons).

The next part extracts your zip file. This is the part that could be failing and if so then the /tmp/ThemeList folder will be empty AFTER you have loaded your custom theme.

Here's how to check; try and install your theme. Once you unlock, launch Terminal and type this "ls /tmp/ThemeList" (without the quotes). If your theme extracted properly you should see a bunch of .png files. If not, post back.

Edit - oh and those "source not found" errors are expected errors, it's all the apps that don't have matching icons in your theme, like TicTacToe, Squid, Launcher, Installer, etc.
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 08-27-2007 at 04:58 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast