+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mobile Finder Screwed Me

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
So I was just using the Mobile Finder and saw that within the Media folder, there was a folder named "Doom" from when I had that installed. I don't have
    Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Mobile Finder Screwed Me
    So I was just using the Mobile Finder and saw that within the Media folder, there was a folder named "Doom" from when I had that installed. I don't have it anymore so I figured I would delete it. Upon doing so, I realized that the Mobile Finder deleted the ENTIRE MEDIA folder.

So now I have no ROMs for NES... no stories for Frotz... and who knows what else. I'm not very happy right now.

Is there anything else in the Media Folder that I would need to put back? I'm about to add the ROMs and Frotz stories back in right now...

iPhoned Home
    Thanks

Smells like a restore :

Every time I update/restore my phone and get it set to how I want I download the whole hard drive to my computer with SCP. Then I have a backup of everything.
    Last edited by r00t4rd3d; 08-24-2007 at 08:41 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to r00t4rd3d For This Useful Post:

billchase2 (08-24-2007)

Thanks

what all is in there? everything seems to be working fine.

or... could someone post the files that were in there for me?? i really do not have the time to mess with a restore and everything right now...

UPDATE: scratch that... the ipod functions dont work at all. it says there are no files.

soooooooooooooo ticked off right now. could someone PLEASE post those files for me...?
    Last edited by billchase2; 08-24-2007 at 08:41 PM.

iPhoned Home
    Thanks

iTunes sync stuff in there , I don't think my folder would help you.

Thanks

you're right. i had to restore. itunes wouldnt even recognize it. ugh.

hmm... interesting... i may not have to do a total restore. when i loaded itunes, it told me it recognized it as my phone... but that it had to restore it. i clicked restore... it restarted my phone... and then it came back up with all mods still intact. now i'm just resyncing it..................

i may be saved from having to re-mod the whole thing.

iPhoned Home
    Thanks

Hope you learned a good lesson

Never trust crap !
    Last edited by r00t4rd3d; 08-24-2007 at 10:29 PM.

Thanks

lol, all i was trying to do was clean up the file system! i didn't need the "Doom" folder anymore... so i thought i'd delete it.

yeah... the lesson i learned was NOT to use Mobile Finder!

still waiting for it to finish syncing... could be a few since apparently it has to put ALL my iPod stuff back on it. hopefully everything will be alright.

PS - i like the backup idea. i may be doing that as well after fixing this...

-------------------------------------------------------------

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

soooo happy. i didn't have to do a complete restore! all i did was do the simple restore itunes made me do then resync and i'm back to where i was!

so... moral of the story... do NOT use Mobile Finder to delete folders! it can totally screw you over!
    Last edited by billchase2; 08-24-2007 at 09:17 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

MobileTerminal > MobileFinder

MobileFinder is for people who can't cd, rm or ls.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default MobileFinder 0.9.5 fixes issue
    Thanks for pointing out this issue! There was a small bug that allowed files that were not highlighted to be deleted. It has been fixed in the newest beta.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I tried out MobileFinder and it froze my phone.. i decided never to use it again.. but think about it.

How many ppl pick up your phone and play with it when you're not looking? you may leave it on your desk or someone may ask to play.

At least with the terminal you have to know unix but mobilefinder allows the average joe to **** up your phone. no thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I thought there was a trash in MobileFinder... I know i have one. It should be under the new Apple button on the menubar, or under /library/MobileFinder/Trash/etc... Just use "move" or "copy" and put the media file back under the main directory?

Thanks

I continue to use Mobile Finder and find it to be an excellent and invaluable program and take offense to the 'crap' comment. Until Apple releases a Development Kit for the iPhone we could apply the 'carp' statement across the board.

The current version of Finder is quite good and I have not experienced any problems with it.

And to the other 'bashers' (you know who your are ) where's the flippin up arrow in Mobile Terminal so I don't have to retype an entire line?

Quote Originally Posted by hillie View Post
    I tried out MobileFinder and it froze my phone.. i decided never to use it again.. but think about it.

How many ppl pick up your phone and play with it when you're not looking? you may leave it on your desk or someone may ask to play.

At least with the terminal you have to know unix but mobilefinder allows the average joe to **** up your phone. no thanks.
    Okay, I'm sorry but that's got to be the silliest excuse I've ever heard.... are your friends three-year olds and just press any shiny button they see?

and yeah I remember when MS-DOS 4.0 came out, what a piece of crap... that's why they quickly released 4.01 but hey I said "I'm never using DOS again"
    <insert shaking head icon>
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 09-14-2007 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    White 3G