Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iSwap v.2 Release Edition!

Default iSwap v.2 Release Edition!
    iSwap v.2 is now ready for download (well, as soon as the d/l section updates... ). With this version I've included a theme and all the plist files you need to make it work. I've also categorized the 4 default screens so they are Home, Games, Apps and URLS. This version should be easier to get up and running with and I've tried to streamline things a bit and put some notes together about adding extra screens, maintaining the plists, etc.

This version has 4 screens by default with unlimited expandability. It also makes less use of the mv command instead using sym links to make it a bit 'safer'.

I'll be putting up a video later this evening to show the new version in action. I'll be linking it off my blog at http://digestingreality.blogspot.com...2-release.html

Cheers!

-KennX

awesome! Thanks for all your hard work.

One question: do you plan on providing a package that works through installer.app? Doesthis always require manual editing of plist files, or does a default configuration come pre-packaged that doesn't require any editing?

Quote Originally Posted by suleiman View Post
    awesome! Thanks for all your hard work.

One question: do you plan on providing a package that works through installer.app? Doesthis always require manual editing of plist files, or does a default configuration come pre-packaged that doesn't require any editing?
    I'm looking into doing something for the Installer.app however, if I do I would have to 'force' a theme on people otherwise I couldn't be sure the plist files would work.

This version isn't too far from that. I supply a theme and plist files with it so it can be installed 'as is' and work (providing you have the pre-requisites like an SSH'd phone, the binkit binaries, etc.).

I haven't seen anyone doing themes through the Installer.app so I'm not sure it there's an issue there or not. There has been a LOT of requests for this so if I can make it work... I will.

-KennX

Gonna give this a shot now.

Could you please list all the bins from the binkit iSwap requires ?

Thanks
    Last edited by r00t4rd3d; 08-24-2007 at 09:08 PM.

ill be testing this out for sure

good work

Default Download also available off my blog...
    Seems like the d/l's are taking awhile to get approved tonight. My new app is also available from a link off my blog in case it doesn't show up here for awhile.

-KennX

Last edited by r00t4rd3d; 08-24-2007 at 11:37 PM.

Default RE: Binary files needed for iSwap v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by r00t4rd3d View Post
    Gonna give this a shot now.

Could you please list all the bins from the binkit iSwap requires ?

Thanks
    Sorry, I skipped this message for some reason. Here are are the binaries that iSwap v.2 uses:

bash
    grep
    kill
    ln
    mv
    ps
    rm
    sed
    touch
    unlink

The only new ones needed from v.1 to v.2 are ln and unlink.

-KennX

^^ Thanks , I don't like to clutter my phone with a bunch of bins I will never use

You never know when they'll be handy...

If we only want 1 extra screen, can we delete or rename the other 2 default screens so that they won't be swapped to?

Edit: Whatever you do, don't do that. Haha. It brings up an icon-less springboard. :P

What do I need to do to take off the other two?
    Last edited by ToxicFTW; 08-25-2007 at 01:40 AM.

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen

iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

Very Nice!!

- Daerid

Default Alternate number of Screens for iSwap v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFTW View Post
    If we only want 1 extra screen, can we delete or rename the other 2 default screens so that they won't be swapped to?

Edit: Whatever you do, don't do that. Haha. It brings up an icon-less springboard. :P

What do I need to do to take off the other two?
    Okay, good point. I thought about doing this before but forgot. Anyway, I've now got a link off my blog http://digestingreality.blogspot.com/ for a download that has iSwap.sh files for 2 or 3 Screens only.

EDIT: I've rolled this into the iSwap v.2 download so if you're grabbing it from here on out there is a folder with these alternative iSwap.sh scripts for 2 or 3 screens.

Also, I noticed that for some reason the d/l file for iSwap v.2 does NOT have the commented out EDIT MARKS that I reference in my README file. I don't know what happened there (probably didn't save for some reason) but it was okay otherwise. So, if you're wanting to add a 5th screen or more and don't know where to put it... drop me a line.

EDIT: Corrected this in the new d/l as well.

-KennX
    Last edited by princebrand; 08-25-2007 at 11:03 AM.

hey guys i tried installing this for the 3rd time this morning and it still wont work correctly. i installed the bin kit and chmodded all of them to 0755, i put iswap in the application folder and chmodded iswap.sh to 0755. evrythings looking good and the setup process works because it created the screens folder inside the springboard folder but it always freezes at the changing screens page. it has never switched screens for me. do i have to chmod each individual screen?? i use the option to just click the button to change pages. if anyone could help me out i would greatly appreciate it....thanks in advance guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer785 View Post
    hey guys i tried installing this for the 3rd time this morning and it still wont work correctly. i installed the bin kit and chmodded all of them to 0755, i put iswap in the application folder and chmodded iswap.sh to 0755. evrythings looking good and the setup process works because it created the screens folder inside the springboard folder but it always freezes at the changing screens page. it has never switched screens for me. do i have to chmod each individual screen?? i use the option to just click the button to change pages. if anyone could help me out i would greatly appreciate it....thanks in advance guys.
    Did you go into the Screen#.app folders and chmod 755 the Screen#.sh files inside of them?

-KennX

Ok i chmodded the screen#.sh files in the folders and it still frezzes.....where do you put each of those folders if you want the single icon to change screens??? and also do you have to put the screen#.plist files in their respective folders??? thank guys

Default iSwap help
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracer785 View Post
    Ok i chmodded the screen#.sh files in the folders and it still frezzes.....where do you put each of those folders if you want the single icon to change screens??? and also do you have to put the screen#.plist files in their respective folders??? thank guys
    So here's where the files should be:

iSwap.app >>> /Applications/iSwap.app
    Screen1.app >>> /Applications/Screen1.app
    Screen2.app >>> /Applications/Screen2.app
    Screen3.app >>> /Applications/Screen3.app
    Screen4.app >>> /Applications/Screen4.app

^^^The above directories each contain a script file with the .sh ending and this must be made executable chmod +x for these to work.

Also, since they call various binaries you must have installed (at the minimum) the following binaries AND made sure they are executable as well:

bash
    grep
    kill
    ln
    mv
    ps
    rm
    sed
    touch
    unlink

Screen1.plist >>> /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/Screens/Screen1.plist
    Screen2.plist >>> /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/Screens/Screen2.plist
    Screen3.plist >>> /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/Screens/Screen3.plist
    Screen4.plist >>> /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/Screens/Screen4.plist

^^^The above should have been set up the first time you click on the iSwap icon.

Also, since you are using the 'pick a screen' option does it 'freeze up' when you just click on the regular iSwap icon or does it cycle through the different screens?

-KennX
    Last edited by princebrand; 08-25-2007 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Had a little hassle getting it, but got it and it works great thanks!

Excellent! Glad to hear that it's working out for you. This version, while functionally very similar, does things in a much different and safer way. I didn't spend as much time on writing up docs as I 'envisioned' but that's always the boring part... However, I think that for the most part people are having better initial luck with it based off the comments that I've gotten. Now on to version 3... but that'll be awhile I think.

-KennX

hey sorry ive been away for the past 2 days....im still having trouble with it for some reason....i want to use the single icon to switch screens...i havent tried the other way with the page selector yet....where do i put the screen#.app folders if i want to use the single icon???

hey i went through the instructions again step by step and i actually noticed that it doesnt mention anything about the screen#.app folders if you want to use the single icon to switch screens....so im not sure what im doing wrong to make it freeze and not switch screens....it setup correctly because it created the screens folder inside the springboard folder....i chmodded the binaries and the iswap.sh files...im clueless to why it freezes...any ideas guys??
    Last edited by Tracer785; 08-27-2007 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast