Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iSwap v.2 Release Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer785 View Post
    Ok i chmodded the screen#.sh files in the folders and it still frezzes.....where do you put each of those folders if you want the single icon to change screens??? and also do you have to put the screen#.plist files in their respective folders??? thank guys
    The Screen#.app folders go in your Applications directory like the iSwap.app folder does. The plist files for them should be in:
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/Screens/ directory.

-KennX

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer785 View Post
    hey sorry ive been away for the past 2 days....im still having trouble with it for some reason....i want to use the single icon to switch screens...i havent tried the other way with the page selector yet....where do i put the screen#.app folders if i want to use the single icon???

hey i went through the instructions again step by step and i actually noticed that it doesnt mention anything about the screen#.app folders if you want to use the single icon to switch screens....so im not sure what im doing wrong to make it freeze and not switch screens....it setup correctly because it created the screens folder inside the springboard folder....i chmodded the binaries and the iswap.sh files...im clueless to why it freezes...any ideas guys??
    If you tried the iSwap app (which should cycle through the Screens) and it doesn't work then that tells me one thing... whereas if it DOES work and the others don't then we can narrow it down to just the Screen#.app files.

-KennX
    Last edited by princebrand; 08-27-2007 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sorry its been a long weekend....when i press the icon it says "iswap is switching your desktop Please Wait..." it stays on that screen until i reset the device....the bar all the way on top of the phone with the signal bars and battery bar goes from gray to black also in the process...if you need anymore info let me know...thanks for the help.

Hello:

To put this on the phone does it requires a little knowledge for coding or is there a step by step guide to getting this on the phone? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks..

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post
    Hello:

To put this on the phone does it requires a little knowledge for coding or is there a step by step guide to getting this on the phone? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks..

Marc
    I wouldn't say that it required any 'coding knowledge' but it does require some Unix knowledge (chmod, cd, ls), a little knowledge of the plists (what they are), and the ability to edit (mostly cut and paste). I put together instructions but they do presuppose more knowledge than a very basic guide might.

I'm going to put together a diagnostic script which should help people figure out any problems they have in getting it set up.

-KennX

Thanks for the reply..I guess I better skip this one, don't want to screw up my phone...lol.

Marc

Default Switching screens kills timer
    Here's an odd one:

If you set a timer and then change screens, the timer is reset.
    Alarms seem to hold as does Stopwatch.

Go figure.

Greg

Will this ever get onto Installer??

Thanks..

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by princebrand View Post
    I wouldn't say that it required any 'coding knowledge' but it does require some Unix knowledge (chmod, cd, ls), a little knowledge of the plists (what they are), and the ability to edit (mostly cut and paste). I put together instructions but they do presuppose more knowledge than a very basic guide might.

I'm going to put together a diagnostic script which should help people figure out any problems they have in getting it set up.

-KennX

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12