+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ToneFXs

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I was using this app on my phone when I had 2.2.1 firmware and it worked great, I totally loved it. This app was honestly the only reason I jailbroke
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was using this app on my phone when I had 2.2.1 firmware and it worked great, I totally loved it. This app was honestly the only reason I jailbroke my phone in the first place a few months ago. I upgraded to 3.0 beta 5 a few weeks ago, and every time I install tonefxs it bricks my phone and I have to restore it to factory settings, it happened every single time right after I installed it with Cydia. Is this software not compatible with 3.0 yet? Or am I doing something wrong? I'm tired of the gay tri-tone text tone, I want my custom ones back. Can anybody help?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by glxyent View Post
    I was using this app on my phone when I had 2.2.1 firmware and it worked great, I totally loved it. This app was honestly the only reason I jailbroke my phone in the first place a few months ago. I upgraded to 3.0 beta 5 a few weeks ago, and every time I install tonefxs it bricks my phone and I have to restore it to factory settings, it happened every single time right after I installed it with Cydia. Is this software not compatible with 3.0 yet? Or am I doing something wrong? I'm tired of the gay tri-tone text tone, I want my custom ones back. Can anybody help?
    this is about the best I can do for ya.... it will work, till toneFXs gets ported..

Custome SMS tones

Also, there is a new program, that I saw recently, that will shuffle your ringtones. Looks like it is free too, just wish I could help you out on the app name. But I cant remember it at the moment.
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

it installs fine on 3.0 but I can't seem to get it to connect to my pc to transfer...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

im using the tone shuffler feature. Everything looks good except that for some reason it doesnt let me assign personal tones to my contacts...in the sense if i assign a personal tone to any contact..the phone doesnt ring on an incoming call(from that person)..and i cannot answer the call until i press the power/sleep button once n silence the ringer and then answer... all other tones work fine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

where does tonefx store the sound files...i want to drop some file into the directory. Tonefx creator does not work with 3.0

Thanks

Doesn't work on my 3GS. What sucks is that "Ringtone Shuffler", by the same dev DOES work, but my registration info doesn't work. I've sent a few emails to the dev, but they don't respond. I donated like $8 for ToneFXs, and Ringtone Shuffler costs $3, you think he could transfer my license...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

do you guys have any sites to recommend for getting sound clips? maybe movie or tv show sound clips?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phreakwenci View Post
    it installs fine on 3.0 but I can't seem to get it to connect to my pc to transfer...
    I get this problem as well. Says the iphone is not connected but I can see it in itunes.

Thanks

Anyone get this to work on 3GS yet? I hope they fix it soon I mean I bought this app and can't use it that sux.

Thanks

It was working on my 3gs with the update (1.501). However with the latest Mobile Substrate update, ToneFXs causes springboard to crash to safe mode constantly. Hopefully a 1.502 will be released soon, as I would like to be able to chane system sounds easily again. But again Ringtone Shuffler still works just fine.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Doesnt work on my 3g 3.0 I downloaded from Cydia but ..There should be a free trial period but there isnt. To use , i must donate. I emailed developer about it but got no answer.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I used to be a ToneFXs guy, but since getting the 3GS I decided to learn how to SSH into the phone and edit the sounds.string file as well as the .cafs to change my SMS tone options and email/voicemail/calendar alerts.

Works like a charm, and not nearly as difficult or time-consuming as you'd think.

Thanks

It works fine on my 3GS now, turns out it was a mobile substrate issue. There is a free trial...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok guys, I have it installed on my 3gs, it works fine( as much as it can work). today is sept 6 2009. I found this but none of it works, for those of you who dont pay, like me. Link removed warez!
    but the posts are like 6 month old or so....
    So. I hve been looking for this, and /or wanna create one myself. I am an audio buff. but not an iphone developer. so , few things, 1 , i tried to change the sound files. the only problem with that is its not easy to switch them...s in an app it would and can be real easy. second. this app still seems a bit missing , because the system sound catagory is still different from the tonefxs .....its a little strange. ( i hope i havent lost anyone...)
    what we all want here is a way to change all the damn sounds on the iphone. in one easy manner. not just changing t he caf files, but adding to them would be perfect.....also. adding ringtones. as i have , adding them in itunes, ( mine dont show up on my iphone???) and having them show up on the iphone,
    simple requests...not so simple solution, as of yet....
    any comments on this, I would greatly appreciate, as I want this to happan, and make it easy... and free.....
    later
    Last edited by A Retired Mod; 09-11-2009 at 04:31 PM.

Thanks

I hope you get banned.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

MMMMM. Now why would you hope I get banned. (I actually dont wish that upon anyone) Did I say something I should not have said?

Thanks

Dude you are linking to warez. i guess mods must not have noticed your link. These devs work pretty damn hard, to have someone like you who can't afford it download it illegally. Again, I hope you get banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

@ noall666 you could get banned for posting links to warez/cracked apps... link removed please don't post anymore

Thanks

Anybody know how to trouble shoot the creator? It won't recognize my iPhone when I plug it into the USB. My PC reads it fine.

Ok got it working by installing new but now where does tonefxs creator store the files on my PC?
    Last edited by laz305; 10-08-2009 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Are most people here unemployed or something? It's 5.00 for the app...pay for the work someone's done. You blow $5.00 on way more useless crap.

I gladly paid $3.24 each for QuickSMS and 3GUnrestrictor...sure, I know where to get them for free, but rather just be legit.