Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SpringDial - speed dial for your SpringBoard

Default Keeps crashing
    I would love to use this app, but I have well over 100 contacts that have pictures attached to them so it keeps crashing. I would like an option to use only the contacts I have in a specific group (like one I call "Favorites"). Possible?

Thanks!

Thanks

Now I have my fab four!

Kenn, this is a great app!
    Could you take the 80 app limit off this, now that summerboard 3.2 fixed the app limit?
    Thanks

nice app - I'd love to change the icon though...not sure how to do that

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I have come across one problem so far.

When I have springdial in a categories menu and I add a number to springdial it never shows up.

Firmware 1.1.3

Hi!

I cannot make it run, I have checked all permissions to 755... All I get is the app icon to resize to full screen for a couple seconds and then it goes back into springboard.

I'm running 1.1.4, jailbroken with independence

It has to be a permissions or something but I don't find which one is failing.

Thanks in advance,

Javi

Quote Originally Posted by jps View Post
    I would love to use this app, but I have well over 100 contacts that have pictures attached to them so it keeps crashing. I would like an option to use only the contacts I have in a specific group (like one I call "Favorites"). Possible?

Thanks!
    jps,

I have 700+ contacts, 175+ with photos and 150+ with photos and numbers, so it is highly unlikely that this is the problem you are having. Please be sure to update to the newest version of SpringDial. If you still have this problem, then please send me a bug report from the "Report Bug" button in SpringDial. This will give me more of an idea of your iPhone environment. If it crashes before you have a chance to send in a bug report and you have ssh access to you iPhone, then run this right after a crash:

/Applications/SpringDial.app/SpringDial --sendDebug "Your message here"

If you include your email address in the message, then it might make it a bit easier for us to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks,

Kenn

Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    Kenn, this is a great app!
    Could you take the 80 app limit off this, now that summerboard 3.2 fixed the app limit?
    Thanks
    jrentske,

Be sure to update to the newest version, this is now just a warning and you can still make applications if you continue.

Enjoy,

Kenn

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotafan View Post
    nice app - I'd love to change the icon though...not sure how to do that
    Dakotafan,

If you want to change the icon of SpringDial itself, you just need to replace /Applications/SpringDial.app/icon.png. Be sure it is at the largest a 60 x 60 png, since at least in previous SpringBoards, it doesn't scale the image, and it will cover other buttons. If it is for SpringDial, send it my way and I will consider using it in future versions.

If you want to change the icon of the contact, then before you create the contact make sure there is a photo for them in Phone-Contacts. This is easiest to do on a mac in Address Book, but if you don't have a mac, you can still do this on the phone itself going to Phone->Contact-><Your Contact>->Edit->Add Photo.

If you simply want to replace the actual icon of the contact, then just like the method above to replace icon for SpringDial, replace /Applications/<Speed Dial Name>.app/icon.png.

I intend to add a feature to future versions that allow for you to update all speed dials with changed photos.

Kenn

Quote Originally Posted by defmute View Post
    I have come across one problem so far.

When I have springdial in a categories menu and I add a number to springdial it never shows up.

Firmware 1.1.3
    defmute,

I have determined when running SpringBoard from Categories why new speed dial does not show up. The new speed dials are created using SpringBoard's Info.plist as a template. Since you put SpringDial in Categories, it is hidden from SpringBoard in it's plist, so the template that is used for the new speed dials is also hidden.

I will fix this to the next update I release. For now there are a few work arounds. The first one is to only use SpringDial when it is not in Categories. The second is to add the new speed dial into any category, and then remove it, this will strip the hidden attribute from it's Info.plist. The third way is to manually edit the Info.plist of the speed dial and remove:

<array>
    <string>hidden</string>
    </array>

Hope this helps,

Kenn
    Last edited by mineshaftgap; 03-08-2008 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Try SpringDial - speed dial for your iPhone's SpringBoard
    http://springdial.mineshaftgap.net/

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mineshaftgap For This Useful Post:

gastonm (03-21-2008), jrentzke (03-09-2008)

wow, how have i not seen this until now? this is GREAT!!!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Default Spring Dial fails to load
    Hi! I have an iphone 1.1.4 jailbreaked through ziphone 2.5, with Summer Board running.

I installed the latest version of Spring Dial 0.998b, I have checked all permissions to 755, but when I try to launch it all I get is the app icon to resize to full screen for a couple seconds and then it fails to load and returns to the spring board.
    If anyone could help I would be grateful.
    Thanks in advance,

Romeo79

I am having an issue with 1.1.4 and springdial. After installing and add the contact,I press on a contact to call them and the picture expands to cover the screen and it just stops almost completly locked, the picture was blurry and I have to reboot the phone to get out of it. Any suggestion?

how can i make the icons look like regular iphone icons? i dont have photoshop because i don't know how to use it. i have searched google but everything says use photoshop.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I absolutely LOVE this program. It was working great until I restarted my phone (installed a SMS time stamp fix which required a restart) and all of a sudden the 4 contacts I made were gone! I thought maybe because I uninstalled Spring Dial might be the cause i reinstalled it and re did my speed dials. They show up in the delete menu but don't show up on my spring board. I've restarted several times with no luck. Any ideas?

OTB 1.1.1 used OktoPrep and Jailbreaked 1.1.2, then used Official 1.1.3 installer from Dev. Team.

thanks for this! the icon right above installer is my wife's cell phone.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=440

Quote Originally Posted by LilKCCeleb View Post
    how can i make the icons look like regular iphone icons? i dont have photoshop because i don't know how to use it. i have searched google but everything says use photoshop.
    name it something and take another icon and use the .png extension and overwrite the spring dial one...this is done via WinSCP
    Last edited by Dakotafan; 03-24-2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

After installing this, I lost my AT&T network connection. Couldn't make or receive calls. I erased this program and boom my network came back... Somethings wrong here...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Here's my screenshot

it still works great for me. i'm on pwned 1.1.4
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

I upgraded to the latest version 0.9992b but it doesn't work yet.
    When I launch the app it loads the app's main screen but after just 1 second fails back to the springboard. Seems there is nothing I can do to get this app to work. I run a 1.1.4 jailbreaked with ziphone 2.5.
    Any help would be appreciated

I have 1.1.3 ziphone jailbroken ipsf unlocked phone... I have duplicate springdial apps and I can't delete them since they don't exist in the Delete list. guess I'll have to ssh in and delete them manually?

Default 2.0
    I have a 3G 2.0 iphone.. anyway to add this source to cydia? Or directly add the app and get it to work with the new phone?

thanks!!

j

Tap Dial is similar to Spring Dial and is now out on Cydia for 2.0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12