+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: After installing binkit, I can't use terminal anymore. Freezes up.

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
After installing binkit, I can't use terminal anymore. I chmod'd all of the files to 777, any ideas on why it happens? When I open terminal any enter ANY command,
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Default After installing binkit, I can't use terminal anymore. Freezes up.
    After installing binkit, I can't use terminal anymore.

I chmod'd all of the files to 777, any ideas on why it happens?

When I open terminal any enter ANY command, the cursor just stops and terminal freezes.

It seems that the file 'login' is causing this. Any way to fix it?
    I've tried setting permissions to 777, 775, 755, still same results.

When I delete 'login' under /bin, it works fine...but I need it.

Edit: Deleted .profile from when I did the nes sound thing, now it doesn't freeze.

Now when I hit a command, it just exits back to the home screen.
    Last edited by crewxp; 08-23-2007 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoned Home
    Thanks

Installing the whole binkit is not needed for the everyday user. I only have about 10 bins from the kit on my phone.

So , word of advice to all the newbs , don't install the whole binkit. Just install the bins you use, manually.

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by r00t4rd3d View Post
    So , word of advice to all the newbs , don't install the whole binkit. Just install the bins you use, manually.
    More is less? haha
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

Thanks
    yeah... what both of yall said had NOTHING to do with what I asked....

I'm pretty sure you guys don't know the half of what I know about Development kits, the binkit, or how to develop.

oh yeah, and no ****. I DO use the other files in binkit... It's needed to manage my remote dedicated servers from my phone using an app I created.

Anywho, apparently it has to do with when I upload the file 'login'. It's not exactly the same as how unix servers work.

Anyone know of an alternate source where I can get the iphone login file besides the binkit?
    Last edited by crewxp; 08-24-2007 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crewxp View Post
    yeah... what both of yall said had NOTHING to do with what I asked....

I'm pretty sure you guys don't know the half of what I know about Development kits, the binkit, or how to develop.

oh yeah, and no ****. I DO use the other files in binkit... It's needed to manage my remote dedicated servers from my phone using an app I created.

Anywho, apparently it has to do with when I upload the file 'login'. It's not exactly the same as how unix servers work.

Anyone know of an alternate source where I can get the iphone login file besides the binkit?
    Where to start....

1) With that kind of attitude I don't think people will be rushing to help you, even if the other posts weren't exactly what you were hoping for.

2) They (and I for that matter) might not know half as much about development kits, this bin kit, or how to develop, but our terminals seem to be working just fine.

3) As a software QA manager, might I suggest you add the bin kit files you need one by one (or remove them one by one) to see what is causing the problem.

Hate to be a **** back, but you're gonna catch more flies with honey than vinegar...

Thanks
    1.) I was just being a **** back to him. There was no need for that. If he couldn't help, don't post. Just like you dude.
    2.) Your terminals seem to be working fine because you don't mess with them as much as I do. This is a host-side KD iphone problem. IF someone asks for help, don't go... 'idk what to say, but mine is working fine!'.....
    3.) Thanks for this tip. I've already done this, but this is a helpful response. Thank you.

word of advice. If you can't provide helpful feedback, please don't reply. I don't want spam to accumulate in threads.