Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PocketTouch for 2.0

Default PocketTouch for 2.0
    hey everybody

I was just browsing my usual sites and came across a thread saying Pockettouch was out for the 2.0 firmwares and on Cydia. I am installing it now and figured I would post my findings. I'm sure most people know about it by now but hey...
    I like using this app while driving so I don't have to take my eyes off the road to look for the next track or volume controls.
    later

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mreyn3693 For This Useful Post:

kcrmson (08-22-2008), lonelinesz (12-29-2008)

IMO, PocketTouch is one of the most vital apps for the iPhone/iPod Touch. So much easier to control your music while taking a walk/running/doing anything. I'm quite happy its finally on 2.0; just as my iPhone headset broke so I can't skip tracks anymore.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blax For This Useful Post:

Taniban (08-22-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Now I can drive in my car and listen to my iPhone!!! YEAAAHH! I love this app.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yey, me too! Tested it just now in the car, just like it was before. So far for 2.0, what we have is:

Double tap (not too quick or else it won't sense it) for play/pause
    No settings just yet, but the current default ones are just about perfect to me
    Next/Previous track swiping sometimes misses when I skip multiple songs in a row, still works well.
    Volume swiping is so great as it is now, I'd almost hate to see it ever become adjustable.
    There is no auto-dim or dim mode setting due to no user interface for it yet, but once that's in we'll be saving a lot of battery power using PocketTouch.
    Didn't test for the shaker, I'd always disable it in previous versions
    Keep up the awesome work, Skylar! Only thing I request for a feature would be dim settings or an auto-dim.

Edit:
    I just noticed PocketTouch is in the Settings app, has all sorts of goodies, I haven't edited the above because I wanna leave it up to you to see it all.
    Last edited by kcrmson; 08-22-2008 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Check out the Settings app, PocketTouch in there!
    I came, I saw, I forgot what the hell I was there for.