Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Video Recorder for 3G (2.0 iPhone) released

Smile iPhone Video Recorder for 3G (2.0 iPhone) released
    Install iPhone Video Recorder for 3G (2.0 iPhone)

Requirements:
    You need a jailbroken iPhone with firmware 2.X (instructions can be found in a lot forums in the net)
    You need a SSH server running on it. The most common is openSSH and it can be found on Cydia.

Install Method 1: Cydia method

1) Please add iPhone Video Recorder source "http://www.iphonevideorecorder.com" to your Cydia installer, and install it.
    2) Create a folder called “Documents” in /var/mobile/ and set permission to 777.
    3) Create a folder called “Documents” in the /Applications folder and set permissions to 777.
    4) Reboot your iPhone.

1) Download and extract the app from http://www.iphonevideorecorder.com/v...rder3g.app.zip
    2) Upload your app to the /Applications folder of your iPhone.
    3) Set the permissions of the app to 755 recursively.
    4) Create a folder called “Documents” in /var/mobile/ and set permission to 777.
    5) Create a folder called “Documents” in the /Applications folder and set permissions to 777.
    6) Reboot your Device.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to coldrg For This Useful Post:

bob27 (08-22-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks coldrg god news..jejeje

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Installed flawlessly. $20 is a little steep, but I think I can deal with a watermark for now. Great work on this app!

Also installed easily on my 3G. First observations:

- Framerate seems to be lower than last version...I'm getting enlarging squares over and over again with any movement during capture (but not in final recordings).

- Email feature nowhere to be seen in unregistered version, although "About" describes the ability to "send it out by email as you wish". Only export option in app is YouTube.

I'm also perplexed by the high price...$20 for an app that's not in the store (hence, unsupported by Apple) and takes weeks to update for new firmware?

Care to expand on why this isn't in the App Store? Did they decline it or have you decided to stay outside that system?
    Last edited by jwcrash; 08-22-2008 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Updated feature comments
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone picassolsus's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Yeah....
    Quote Originally Posted by brandoncarr View Post
    Installed flawlessly. $20 is a little steep, but I think I can deal with a watermark for now. Great work on this app!
    Yeah, it's absolutely steep. And, if it were JUST the watermark I would deal with it too, but they're only giving you 30 seconds record time for a total of 30 times before expiration. =\

I'd give $9.95 for this but not $20.. Devs take note.
    iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.0fw White + Jailbroken

Hi, thanks for the update!

Question, will my previous Registration key work on this? I purchased this app on my 2g iphone, but have since upgraded to 3g.

Thanks!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to x999x For This Useful Post:

jwcrash (09-07-2008)

Yes, your previous Registration key work on this new update.

Edit-

I cannot find this in Cydia, and the manual installation link returns a 404

Edit 2

Seems the manual install link on the IVR Homepage is incorrect, it links to ivr3g.zip

The link you have here works fine.

Cydia still not showing up however.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to x999x For This Useful Post:

jwcrash (09-07-2008)

I agree on the price point. seems a bit steep. Would also be curious why it's not on the app store.
    If i say something stupid I apologize. If i say something smart: "RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH".
    And if i help you, please hit the Thanks!

Alright, I've entered my registration code and it accepted it

Now, one thing I have noticed is that I cannot select "Best Quality" from the video settings menu. When I click an option, it selects the item above it. In the screenshot below, I am pressing Best, but it selects "Better"

I have also noticed a rectangular box inside of the preview window when making fast movements while recording. It is not present in the final transcode however, so it makes no difference to me. I just thought I'd touch upon that as it was posted previously by another user here.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0003.png  

15. The Following User Says Thank You to x999x For This Useful Post:

jwcrash (09-07-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    Alright, I've entered my registration code and it accepted it
    Is there an option to email completed videos under your unlocked version?

Quote Originally Posted by jwcrash View Post
    Is there an option to email completed videos under your unlocked version?
    I only have an option to upload to youtube unfortunately.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to x999x For This Useful Post:

jwcrash (09-07-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    I only have an option to upload to youtube unfortunately.
    This needs to be corrected by the dev ASAP...it makes the About file misleading at best.

Quote Originally Posted by cartman13 View Post
    Would also be curious why it's not on the app store.
    The fact that email is missing points strongly towards the app being rejected by the App Store. Apple doesn't allow third-party attachments to be sent via it's Mail program, so I imagine this formerly-present feature was pulled to try and get it into the App Store. Which clearly didn't work.

Hence its appearance this morning instead of weeks ago. The fact that the dev is ignoring questions about it only buttresses the position he got turned away by Apple...he's probably pretty peeved at missing out on ten of thousands of App Store dollars.
    Last edited by jwcrash; 08-22-2008 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Video upload to YouTube worked perfectly on my first try

Just hope issue of not being able to select "Best Quality" gets resolved.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to x999x For This Useful Post:

jwcrash (09-07-2008)

i have an error message when i try to record.. after recording when going to encode

error code (100010f)
    says report to dreamcatcher

can someone help me im trying to install ...but i get a error "trying to overwrite`/.DS_Store`, which is also in package com.ifonetec.mivtones"
    as you can tell i have mivtones installed but dont want to get rid of it...any ideas?
    thanx

iPhone? More like MyPhone picassolsus's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Solarseed....
    Quote Originally Posted by solarseed View Post
    i have an error message when i try to record.. after recording when going to encode

error code (100010f)
    says report to dreamcatcher
    Solarseed...

I did too. Fixed by making sure you create the Documents folders as specified in the instructions set as 0777 AND I had to also make sure the owner of said Documents folder was set to mobile, the user account which the app runs under.
    iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.0fw White + Jailbroken

this is only 30days trial ?

Quote Originally Posted by martyotaku View Post
    can someone help me im trying to install ...but i get a error "trying to overwrite`/.DS_Store`, which is also in package com.ifonetec.mivtones"
    as you can tell i have mivtones installed but dont want to get rid of it...any ideas?
    thanx
    I can't install through Cydia either, it tells me that "/.DS_Store" is also a package from temper4iphone

I manually isntalled fine, but i'd prefer a Cydia install so updates are easier.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to x999x For This Useful Post:

jwcrash (09-07-2008)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast