Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launchesforums, a part of the
3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touchsection;
08-22-2008, 09:29 AM #1iPhone Video Recorder for 3G (2.0 iPhone) released
Install iPhone Video Recorder for 3G (2.0 iPhone)
You need a jailbroken iPhone with firmware 2.X (instructions can be found in a lot forums in the net)
You need a SSH server running on it. The most common is openSSH and it can be found on Cydia.
Install Method 1: Cydia method
1) Please add iPhone Video Recorder source "http://www.iphonevideorecorder.com" to your Cydia installer, and install it.
2) Create a folder called “Documents” in /var/mobile/ and set permission to 777.
3) Create a folder called “Documents” in the /Applications folder and set permissions to 777.
4) Reboot your iPhone.
1) Download and extract the app from http://www.iphonevideorecorder.com/v...rder3g.app.zip
2) Upload your app to the /Applications folder of your iPhone.
3) Set the permissions of the app to 755 recursively.
4) Create a folder called “Documents” in /var/mobile/ and set permission to 777.
5) Create a folder called “Documents” in the /Applications folder and set permissions to 777.
6) Reboot your Device.
The Following User Says Thank You to coldrg For This Useful Post:
08-22-2008, 09:40 AM #2
08-22-2008, 09:41 AM #3
Thanks coldrg god news..jejeje
08-22-2008, 09:53 AM #4
Installed flawlessly. $20 is a little steep, but I think I can deal with a watermark for now. Great work on this app!
08-22-2008, 09:57 AM #5
Also installed easily on my 3G. First observations:
- Framerate seems to be lower than last version...I'm getting enlarging squares over and over again with any movement during capture (but not in final recordings).
- Email feature nowhere to be seen in unregistered version, although "About" describes the ability to "send it out by email as you wish". Only export option in app is YouTube.
I'm also perplexed by the high price...$20 for an app that's not in the store (hence, unsupported by Apple) and takes weeks to update for new firmware?
Care to expand on why this isn't in the App Store? Did they decline it or have you decided to stay outside that system?
Last edited by jwcrash; 08-22-2008 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Updated feature commentsPLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.
08-22-2008, 09:58 AM #6
Yeah....iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.0fw White + Jailbroken
08-22-2008, 10:06 AM #7
Hi, thanks for the update!
Question, will my previous Registration key work on this? I purchased this app on my 2g iphone, but have since upgraded to 3g.
08-22-2008, 10:14 AM #8
Yes, your previous Registration key work on this new update.
08-22-2008, 10:15 AM #9
I cannot find this in Cydia, and the manual installation link returns a 404
Seems the manual install link on the IVR Homepage is incorrect, it links to ivr3g.zip
The link you have here works fine.
Cydia still not showing up however.
08-22-2008, 10:26 AM #10
I agree on the price point. seems a bit steep. Would also be curious why it's not on the app store.If i say something stupid I apologize. If i say something smart: "RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH".
And if i help you, please hit the Thanks!
08-22-2008, 10:32 AM #11
Alright, I've entered my registration code and it accepted it
Now, one thing I have noticed is that I cannot select "Best Quality" from the video settings menu. When I click an option, it selects the item above it. In the screenshot below, I am pressing Best, but it selects "Better"
I have also noticed a rectangular box inside of the preview window when making fast movements while recording. It is not present in the final transcode however, so it makes no difference to me. I just thought I'd touch upon that as it was posted previously by another user here.
08-22-2008, 10:36 AM #12
08-22-2008, 10:42 AM #13
08-22-2008, 10:49 AM #14
Hence its appearance this morning instead of weeks ago. The fact that the dev is ignoring questions about it only buttresses the position he got turned away by Apple...he's probably pretty peeved at missing out on ten of thousands of App Store dollars.
Last edited by jwcrash; 08-22-2008 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Automerged DoublepostPLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.
08-22-2008, 10:52 AM #15
Video upload to YouTube worked perfectly on my first try
Just hope issue of not being able to select "Best Quality" gets resolved.
08-22-2008, 10:55 AM #16
i have an error message when i try to record.. after recording when going to encode
error code (100010f)
says report to dreamcatcher
08-22-2008, 11:51 AM #17
can someone help me im trying to install ...but i get a error "trying to overwrite`/.DS_Store`, which is also in package com.ifonetec.mivtones"
as you can tell i have mivtones installed but dont want to get rid of it...any ideas?
08-22-2008, 12:04 PM #18
Solarseed....iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.0fw White + Jailbroken
08-22-2008, 12:07 PM #19
this is only 30days trial ?
08-22-2008, 12:07 PM #20