Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Video Recorder for 3G (2.0 iPhone) released

I have the camera on my 3g but I only have the option to upload to youtube but not the option to mail the video. Can anyone help please.

Unfortunately, email is not a feature of this app at present.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jwcrash For This Useful Post:

sukarchavo23 (08-23-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by pj_rage View Post
    I hope all of you guys saying "if you don't like the price, don't buy it" aren't hypocrites and complain about the price of other things, like, say, gas.

Who cares what the price of gas is, if you don't like the price, don't buy it, right?
    Nah, the attitude here is "if its not the price i want to pay, i'll look for the hacked version" unfortunately. Sad part is, even if it was the price they'd be willing to pay, chances are they would still opt for the hacked version lol.

As for gas, I can only buy premium with techron as per BMW's specs. Big ugh there, but at least I'm not paying 5 bucks a gallon anymore, its dropped down to $4.15 a gallon down here in Los Angeles, w00t!

Thanks

Well now that there are a few 2.0 camera apps, just wait a few more weeks at the most for the one you like. Wait for the competition to start

I hope all of you guys saying "if you don't like the price, don't buy it" aren't hypocrites and complain about the price of other things, like, say, gas.

Who cares what the price of gas is, if you don't like the price, don't buy it, right?
    We are not talking about people looking for a cheaper alternative. We are talking about people just STEALING it. If i dont like the price of gas well I guess i have a choice.. suck it up and pay for it or park my car. STEALING the gas is NOT an option... Genius.

bschucher, my comment was aimed at people who are saying "if you don't like the price, don't buy it." I never referenced cracking or stealing. Please re-read my post before you try to bash me.

But with regard to cracking, I can only sort of agree with x999x on this one. Yes, there is definitely the camp of "I won't pay for anything so I'll wait for the cracked one no matter the price" people. And they will always wait for the cracked version. Then there is the "I will pay a reasonable price for your software, otherwise I'll wait for the cracked version if you try to charge way too much" crowd, and finally the "I will always pay for all software, and if it's too expensive I just won't buy it" group.

I don't think everyone who goes after the cracked version would do that no matter what, I think you aren't realizing the middle ground.

I would like to know how to set permissions to 777. I created the folders and couldn't set permissions. Thank you

bschucher, my comment was aimed at people who are saying "if you don't like the price, don't buy it." I never referenced cracking or stealing. Please re-read my post before you try to bash me.

But with regard to cracking, I can only sort of agree with x999x on this one. Yes, there is definitely the camp of "I won't pay for anything so I'll wait for the cracked one no matter the price" people. And they will always wait for the cracked version. Then there is the "I will pay a reasonable price for your software, otherwise I'll wait for the cracked version if you try to charge way too much" crowd, and finally the "I will always pay for all software, and if it's too expensive I just won't buy it" group.

I don't think everyone who goes after the cracked version would do that no matter what, I think you aren't realizing the middle ground.

I guess we are discussing two different things or my reading comprehension sucks I dont for one second begrudge anyone for complaining about the price. I get pissed when people's solution to the price they dont like is to just steal it instead...

no email on this thing really sucks, what happen? whoever made that call need to be fired! thats what made the program so fire at first. please fix it i payed for the email version!
    AJ

Music is what feelings sound like....

Thumbs down Come on Coldrg...
    Quote Originally Posted by amandej View Post
    no email on this thing really sucks, what happen? whoever made that call need to be fired! thats what made the program so fire at first. please fix it i payed for the email version!
    From iphonevideorecorder.com's front page:"iPhone Video Recorder (for 2G and 3G iPhone)...recording is easy and enjoyable, you may play back the video, download it to a computer, upload to Youtube, or send it out by email as you wish.

Coldrg continues to market IVR as having mail support...despite knowing it does not

This really does suck because the app's About section clearly states that mail support is included. I brought up this omission within hours of release...and the devs refuse to respond. Yet MMi users like amandej are still being taken for a $20 ride.

I'm not sure how the IVR fanboys are gonna reconcile this one for Coldrg et al...Gentlemen? Can you offer a reasonable scenario under which this is good business? Because this whole "business" feels shadier and shadier with each new post...and the deafening silence from the IVR devs is not reassuring.
    Last edited by jwcrash; 08-24-2008 at 04:53 PM.
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

Use all the colored fonts, quotes and bold type you'd like, but your practices as an advocate have not been any better. I'm not defending anyone, just pointing out that you've done nothing but accuse, complain, and broadcast people can now find other means of getting this application onto their iphones without ponying up the cash you feel is not worth it.

You already announced the cracked version is "EVERYWHERE" which doesn't take much to figure you're using it, so why play the civil servant and demand answers on better business?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to x999x For This Useful Post:

jwcrash (09-07-2008)

Dude, I'm just trying to stop other people from buying an intentionally-misleading product.

You seem like a reasonable guy in most of your posts - yet you continue to fly to IVR's defense, acting as though they're completely above-board and beyond reproach. Their website (and About file in the app) is straight-up misleading about more than one major feature. This is okay with you, x999x? Really?

...and I'm not using the cracked version. IMO IVR's video quality is weak compared to Cycorder. You should give it a try.
    Last edited by jwcrash; 08-27-2008 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Reflects another promised feature not working

I have to agree the app really isnt worth cracking in my eyes. I tried to use it over the weekend and the video is beyond bad. Its been awhile but i remember it being alot better on 1.14. Cycorder on the other hand got the job done, I was lucky that audio wasnt needed. If i had to pay right now i would go with cycorder with no audio!

I was very happy with IVR on 1.14 and I am a little disappointed with 2.0 since this was one of the few apps I was waiting for to be converted over. I have actually gotten 2 emails back from IVR support stating that an update will come out "soon". I have tried Cycorder and the quality is very good. Cant really compare the 2 since "best" is not available on IVR.

I have to agree. This was the only app I was anxiously waiting for the new 2.0 firmware. I paid for it while in 1.1.4 and it was ok, not excellent, but ok. Now, after a long time with no word from the developer about what would happen to the app or to the guys who paid for it's first version, we get a below average app, with low video quality, full of bugs (specially UI bugs - the video quality selection) and, oh damn, no email transfer. And adding the bad to the worst, the desktop app that worked for the 1.1.4 version doesn't work anymore.

Way to go guys, it would be impossible to do worst and piss off so many users.

What about a class action suit.
    Last edited by markatz; 08-25-2008 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Angry Again?
    Quote Originally Posted by markatz View Post
    And adding the bad to the worst, the desktop app that worked for the 1.1.4 version doesn't work anymore.
    Wow...ANOTHER problem the devs refuse to address but still use as a selling point on their site. Are they aware that they actually started this thread?!?!?!

It's way past "buyer beware" at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by markatz View Post
    Way to go guys, it would be impossible to do worst and piss off so many users.
    Prepare to get attacked for that last part...there are a couple of MMi users that do NOT appreciate any dissenting voice against IVR or it's devs. They'll ignore your actual problem and attack you personally.

Sorry in advance.

A week has passed and not a peep from the IVR devs. I sent them a couple emails but havent heard back. Come on guys!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

I really hope they fix the problem with the quality "Best" button not being able to be selected seems like a small error overlooked that can be easily corrected, I also hope they add email functionality back and it would be REALLY cool if they add the ability to upload your videos directly to Facebook and maybe a few other clients like myspace dailymotion and others!

Thanks

umm what about getting the movies off the phone other than youtube

Heck ive even tried downloading them to youtube then copy them back to my computer and i dont get audio!! Im using vixy.net : Online FLV Converter : Download online videos direct to PC / iPod / PSP. It's free! to do this. If you know of a better way, let me know. Even if i SSH into the phone, i cant find them in its folder.

Found another converter from youtube to .mov then to your computer: http://keepvid.com/

This is the only way of doing it at the moment.
    Last edited by equlizer; 09-01-2008 at 03:27 AM.

hi all,i need help regarding the video reorder v 2.o in my 3G iphone.Am new to this toy.I had installed the jailbreak on my v 2.O.2 iphone.and i had also installed the cyberduck in my macbook.when i open ssh,how do i go about.am afraid to brick my iphone.
    i need to ask afew question:
    1Create a folder called “Documents” in /var/mobile/ and set permission to 777. --->there is already a folder inside with file but the permission is 775.i didn't create it.
    2Create a folder called “Documents” in the /Applications folder and set permissions to 777.---->there is already a folder inside with other file but the permission is 775i didn't create it.
    3)reboot does it mean by off the iphone by holding the power button?
    4)Upload your app to the /Applications folder of your iPhone.---->how to upload?using cyberduck?
    5)Create a folder called “Documents” in /var/mobile/ and set permission to 777.---->u mean create it again?
    6)Create a folder called “Documents” in the /Applications folder and set permissions to 777.---->create a folder again?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast