+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 107

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone Video Recorder for 3G (2.0 iPhone) released

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by m3nG this is only 30days trial ? No no.....not EVEN 30 days...but, 30 USES and only 30 SECONDS per recording! This ain't gonna fly Devs.....you're going to
...
  1. #21
    iPhone? More like MyPhone picassolsus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    109
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Default Hah
    Quote Originally Posted by m3nG View Post
    this is only 30days trial ?
    No no.....not EVEN 30 days...but, 30 USES and only 30 SECONDS per recording!

    This ain't gonna fly Devs.....you're going to price yourself out.

    Like I said, $9.95 or, I may even consider $12.95. Otherwise, at $19.95 people are going to seek alternative means.
    iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.0fw White + Jailbroken

  2. #22
    iPhoneaholic jwcrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    310
    Posts
    497
    Thanks
    152
    Thanked 49 Times in 35 Posts

    Thumbs down 'bout $10 too much...
    Quote Originally Posted by picassolsus View Post
    No no.....not EVEN 30 days...but, 30 USES and only 30 SECONDS per recording!

    This ain't gonna fly Devs.....you're going to price yourself out.

    Like I said, $9.95 or, I may even consider $12.95.
    I have to agree...but note the devs are pointedly ignoring any discussion of pricing in this thread.

    If I recall correctly, pricing the app @ $20 spawned a cracked version of this app pretty quickly the first time around. Hopefully, the devs will at least open a dialogue with consumers for this release.
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

  3. #23
    apatia z3r01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,697
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 886 Times in 557 Posts

    i get a failed to upload

    Last edited by z3r01; 08-22-2008 at 12:24 PM. Reason: browser f-ing up

  4. #24
    iPhoneaholic x999x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    481
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 112 Times in 82 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by picassolsus View Post
    No no.....not EVEN 30 days...but, 30 USES and only 30 SECONDS per recording!

    This ain't gonna fly Devs.....you're going to price yourself out.

    Like I said, $9.95 or, I may even consider $12.95. Otherwise, at $19.95 people are going to seek alternative means.
    Are you not familiar with the 2g version? This isn't a new app, the price has always been 19.95. If you want video recording for free, try Qik. If you want an "alternative means" which stores video locally, be my guest at finding one, lol.

    $19.95 is the same price as a couple of lunches, or a few coffees at starbucks. Thats not a lot of money for filling a void apple refuses to notice, and furthermore, the app is pretty polished besides the few bugs that will undoubtedly be squashed. Youtube upload works great, local playback is excellent, and you can SSH the files off and play them on your desktop without needing to transcode them again like the old Showtime video recording app.

    Quote Originally Posted by jwcrash View Post
    I have to agree...but note the devs are pointedly ignoring any discussion of pricing in this thread.

    If I recall correctly, pricing the app @ $20 spawned a cracked version of this app pretty quickly the first time around. Hopefully, the devs will at least open a dialogue with consumers for this release.
    How is the Dev supposed to reply if he's "Offline?"

    You've posted this twice already and both times Coldrg was offline on his profile page.
    Last edited by x999x; 08-22-2008 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to x999x For This Useful Post:

    jwcrash (09-07-2008)

  6. #25
    iPhone? More like MyPhone picassolsus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    109
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Oh I'm quite familiar with the 2G version, and I didn't pay $20 back then either. I don't care how long the price ahs been $20, doesn't mean it has to stay that way.

    But as jwcrash has mentioned, I'll seek other means of acquiring this. Instead of them "being happy" with my $9.95 or $12.95, they'll get $0 instead. That's great logic on their part isn't it?
    iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.0fw White + Jailbroken

  7. #26
    Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,001
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 66 Times in 52 Posts

    Cant wait to install tonight! I guess if we want video recording bad enough we will pay $20. Its that or nothing.

  8. #27
    iPhoneaholic x999x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    481
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 112 Times in 82 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by picassolsus View Post
    Oh I'm quite familiar with the 2G version, and I didn't pay $20 back then either. I don't care how long the price ahs been $20, doesn't mean it has to stay that way.

    But as jwcrash has mentioned, I'll seek other means of acquiring this. Instead of them "being happy" with my $9.95 or $12.95, they'll get $0 instead. That's great logic on their part isn't it?
    You mean that won't stop you from posting a request for a K'd version.

    The flawed logic isn' t on their part, its yours.

    /pathetic
    Last edited by x999x; 08-22-2008 at 12:37 PM.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to x999x For This Useful Post:

    jwcrash (09-07-2008)

  10. #28
    iPhone? More like MyPhone picassolsus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    109
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    You mean that won't stop you from posting a request for a K'd version at p**x

    /pathetic
    Money talks and bullshi** walks.

    I mean, I guess it's cool for you to spend $20 on an app or $5 on a pack of Pokemon or Yugi-Blow cards or wtf-ever but as an adult I understand fair pricing and won't be paying what's asked for this app. Their loss, my win.

    And furthermore, what business do you even have on the above mentioned forum if you're so opposed to "K'ed" apps? That's the pot calling the kettle black.

    /Stay off my lawn, kid.
    iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.0fw White + Jailbroken

  11. #29
    iPhoneaholic x999x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    481
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 112 Times in 82 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by picassolsus View Post
    Money talks and bullshi** walks.

    I mean, I guess it's cool for you to spend $20 on an app or $5 on a pack of Pokemon or Yugi-Blow cards or wtf-ever but as an adult I understand fair pricing and won't be paying what's asked for this app. Their loss, my win.

    And furthermore, what business do you even have on the above mentioned forum if you're so opposed to "K'ed" apps? That's the pot calling the kettle black.

    /Stay off my lawn, kid.
    My friend Devs and we keep a lookout for K'd versions of his app to track loss on chumps like you who think it makes more sense to cheat people out of their hard work.

    "as an adult"

    I lol'd.
    Last edited by x999x; 08-22-2008 at 12:46 PM.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to x999x For This Useful Post:

    jwcrash (09-07-2008)

  13. #30
    iPhone? More like MyPhone picassolsus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    109
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    My friend Devs and we keep a lookout for K'd versions of his app to track loss on chumps like you who think it makes more sense to cheat people out of their hard work.
    Cheating people out of their hard work or cheating people out of hard earned money by price gouging....6 in one half a dozen in the other.

    Ok I'm done with you now...you're dismissed. I'm moving on so any response you make after this will fall on deaf ears.

    /he lol'd FTW OMG! Back in your mom's basement punk!
    iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.0fw White + Jailbroken

  14. #31
    Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,001
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 66 Times in 52 Posts

    Ok, lets get back on track here.

    x999x - do you know if this will be up on Cydia or Installer soon?

  15. #32
    iPhoneaholic x999x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    481
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 112 Times in 82 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Ok, lets get back on track here.

    x999x - do you know if this will be up on Cydia or Installer soon?
    Its already up on Cydia, however there are some install issues with the .DS_Store file if its already present on your iphone/ipod. Coldrg has been offline pretty much after he made this thread so theres no telling when or if this will get resolved in a timely manner.

    @picassolsus

    I'm sorry you feel threatened by my capacity to pay for apps and help support the community you feel is cheating you. Your response is to steal from this community rather than help it flourish, and that is not something a responsible adult would feel inclined to do. Age is just a number, and actions speak louder than words.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to x999x For This Useful Post:

    jwcrash (09-07-2008), TheOrioles33 (08-22-2008)

  17. #33
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    172
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    that's a bummer that there is no email option. is that gone for good?
    If i say something stupid I apologize. If i say something smart: "RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH".
    And if i help you, please hit the Thanks!

  18. #34
    Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,001
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 66 Times in 52 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    Its already up on Cydia, however there are some install issues with the .DS_Store file if its already present on your iphone/ipod. Coldrg has been offline pretty much after he made this thread so theres no telling when or if this will get resolved in a timely manner.

    @picassolsus

    I'm sorry you feel threatened by my capacity to pay for apps and help support the community you feel is cheating you. Your response is to steal from this community rather than help it flourish, and that is not something a responsible adult would feel inclined to do. Age is just a number, and actions speak louder than words.
    I just saw it after I asked! Duh! Thanks man! I will probably purchase tonight since $20 wont break my bank account.

  19. #35
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    797
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 63 Times in 48 Posts

    WOW works great, I am a registered user from 1.14 days, I am now closer than ever to having all my apps back like 1.14

    thank you

    Ps
    How about releasing VoiceDial too please

    thanks
    ------------------------------

    iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

  20. #36
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    81
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Bugs:

    1. In the video settings, you can't select "Best". Choosing any option here selects the option before it.

    Dislikes:

    1. Price

  21. #37
    iPhoneaholic jwcrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    310
    Posts
    497
    Thanks
    152
    Thanked 49 Times in 35 Posts

    Thumbs down Whoops...
    Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    You've posted this twice already and both times Coldrg was offline on his profile page.
    Really, Officer? Because it's all there in the headings: Coldrg was online during the first post...and he answered your query about the Activation Code AFTER ignoring my first post about pricing and why it isn't available at the App Store.

    *doink*
    Last edited by jwcrash; 08-22-2008 at 01:58 PM.
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

  22. #38
    Livin the iPhone Life redcard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotchland
    Posts
    2,143
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 204 Times in 184 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by picassolsus View Post
    Oh I'm quite familiar with the 2G version, and I didn't pay $20 back then either. I don't care how long the price ahs been $20, doesn't mean it has to stay that way.

    But as jwcrash has mentioned, I'll seek other means of acquiring this. Instead of them "being happy" with my $9.95 or $12.95, they'll get $0 instead. That's great logic on their part isn't it?
    You know that if it was $9.95 you would still download the hacked version.
    To live, you have to lie

  23. #39
    iPhoneaholic jwcrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    310
    Posts
    497
    Thanks
    152
    Thanked 49 Times in 35 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    You know that if it was $9.95 you would still download the hacked version.
    Not me.

    $9.95 is exactly what I'm willing to pay this developer for an app that is completely unsupported by Apple, isn't guaranteed to work with future firmware versions, and is bundled with not-ready-for-primetime documentation touting non-existent features.

    I had no problem kicking Touchpad Pro's creator $25 for Teleport (which kicks *****, by the way) in the App Store because I know it will grow with the FW revisions. And I can't wait to spend ~$25 on uSirius @ the App Store when it drops.

    But $20 with NO guarantee it will work down the line? No thanks.
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

  24. #40
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Good to see more apps are being ported. Hopefully all devs get everything on 2.x eventually

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts