Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wikipedia.app!!!

Hi,

I tried to move the wp file using iphone browser but it wont work. I dont understand how to fix permissions. Can you please explain?

Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jeero2000 View Post
    Hi,

I tried to move the wp file using iphone browser but it wont work. I dont understand how to fix permissions. Can you please explain?

Thanks.
    OK, in order to fix permissions directly on your iPhone, install MobileFinder from Installer. Then go to var/root/wp (if you copied the folder) and for all files in there: tap it then tap "Modify" and then where you see the "Read", "Write", "Execute" make sure all the "Read" and all the "Exec" buttons are pressed and the top "Write" is pressed. Remember to do this for all files.

By the way "wp" isn't a file it's a folder.
    Last edited by dima338; 02-13-2008 at 07:46 AM.

Pretty cool. Wish I had the space on my 8 gig for it.

In order to properly fix permissions Squid is required (given you want to fix permissions on the iphone itself) use Squid and go to the Application - Wiki.app then within that app mark all of the read write ect. checked - this is something you cannot do in the Finder.app - it just generically checks the whole app but does not really check all of the items within the app

Oh the fastest way is to use iPhoneDrive to transfer over the 2GB dump then once on the iphone use Finder.app on the iPhone to move that dump to the proper location

5. The Following User Says Thank You to musicpenguy For This Useful Post:

jeero2000 (02-19-2008)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12