Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer.app 1.9 Problem

Default Installer.app 1.9 Problem
    I just updated to the new installer.app and its telling me i have 84.1megs available and itunes is telling me i have 6.9gbs free. Is anyone else experiencing this problem ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Mine says 92 Mb free, while iTunes says 7.05 Gb free.

i just assumed that the programs i was installing on the iphone shared the same space as the mp3 files and vides that i was putting on with itunes

Yup, seems to be a bug.. Mine says 109.3 MB available, and iTunes says 6.93 GB (Just restored today and havent synced my library from home yet.).

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoRebellion View Post
    Yup, seems to be a bug.. Mine says 109.3 MB available, and iTunes says 6.93 GB (Just restored today and havent synced my library from home yet.).
    sound like the flashdisk has partions ,...video/songs/photos/o.s./then program,,and maybe some flash ram,just a guess if it like ppc or anything else with a flashdisk...

Default Isn't that number the size of the remaining apps?
    I think the 99 mb remaining etc, may refer to the size of that pages packages.

For those that have mobileterminal or webshell installed as well as the binkit. You can run
    df -h

To see the two partitions. The smaller one is the operating system and where apps, notes, SMS, e-mails, etc... Live.

Anything in the /var/private/root/Media lives on the larger partition. i.e. The one that iTunes reports back to you. This holds mp3's, videos, podcasts.

This is also the main reason you iPhone showed less than 4 or 8 gigs when new.

-David