Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Offical Quickpwn Now works with FW2.0,2

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Offical Quickpwn Now works with FW2.0,2
    Taken from IPhone-Devs blog posted a couple of hours ago:

My Little Pwnie's Dressage
    Here is the updated QuickPwn for Windows, wrapped by Poorlad’s GUI. It contains our new bundles for 2.0.2 and we’ve added support for version 2.0 devices which means you can QuickPwn and jailbreak the device if it is running 2.0, 2.0.1 or 2.0.2.

blog.iphone-dev.org
    I know it worked for 2.0,2 before by using a 2.0,1 file but now its Officall and now works with a FW2.0,2. file.

IphoneCrazy
    /Marc
    Last edited by Real_Iphonecrazy; 08-21-2008 at 08:05 AM.

Make sure to read the entire blog entry before you update to 2.0.2.

remember that the 2.0.2 update includes a baseband update for the 3G iPhone, so depending what your long term intentions are for the phone, update wisely, of course in the upcoming PwnageTool application you’ll be able to create a custom ipsw without the baseband update enabled.
    If you ever plan to unlock your 3g iphone, updating to 2.0.2 at this time is probably not a good idea.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

Make sure to read the entire blog entry before you update to 2.0.2.

Quote:
    remember that the 2.0.2 update includes a baseband update for the 3G iPhone, so depending what your long term intentions are for the phone, update wisely, of course in the upcoming PwnageTool application you’ll be able to create a custom ipsw without the baseband update enabled.

If you ever plan to unlock your 3g iphone, updating to 2.0.2 at this time is probably not a good idea.
    Nice one for pointing that out I should of mentioned it really.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    all these updates from apple but nothing solid on what they "fix". anyonme know? i have 2.0.1 now. nothing new from 2.0
    Bought the Iphone 3g on Friday jailbroke it on Monday!!!

Black IPhone 3g Jailbroken.

I totally agree aonavy. Why isn't there ever a list of new features or what the bug fixes are from Apple or for that matter ANYONE that happens to know what the new features are. Speculation reports that FW2.0.2 fixes 3G reception or rather aids in the connection to the 3G network. But of course Apple doesn't say anything about it. ANY Operating System update is supposed to at least let you know the newest features. So I have to say BOO to Apple for not letting their customers know what the supposed "bug fixed" are. I mean sheesh why all the damn secrecy?! >

Y'all new to apple or something?

I mean try finding every single option, tool, feature for Leopard in the manual, oh wait, there wasn't a manual -.- lol Their style seems to be "if you can't figure it out on your own, we didn't do our job" and that stems over to updates. They like to keep them transparent because they don't want you to think there are in fact flaws with their code (it "just works" remember?) and they just don't like to inundate people with technobabble, thats best left for PC users who know what it means.

Unless it was some serious bug that made the rounds in the media, apple never really discloses what their updates do.

I'm a Mac and PC user, I enjoy what both have to offer, but I do prefer to know what exactly I'm getting myself into with updates.

Whether someone is new to Apple or not isn't the point here LOL. The point is that Apple or ANY software maker should let the consumer of their product (which they paid money for) know what the bug fixes or updates are. Apple are just secretive bastards is all heh.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I must say, for the Touch, this is the best way to go. If you want a quick and elegant JB, this is great.

Thank you Dev Team!