+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unable to remove iPhone Installer

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I tinkered with iPhone Installer this morning but I'd like to remove it. I have version 1.8. When I go to the Uninstall area, Installer is listed but there is
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unable to remove iPhone Installer
    I tinkered with iPhone Installer this morning but I'd like to remove it. I have version 1.8. When I go to the Uninstall area, Installer is listed but there is no button for me to press that will remove it from my phone. Does anyone know why it's doing this? Am I missing something right in front of me?

Thanks.

Thanks

I think you have to delete installer.app manually, because you obviously didnt install it with installer.app.

Thanks

get a binkit from the download section and put "RM" file into /bin on your phone, use winSCP to set permission on RM to 0755. Than you will be able to delete Installer.app
    Hit Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the info. Since I have a PPC mac, these don't really work for me unfortunately. I've decided to keep it since new stuff keeps coming out and I was able to do some ringtone stuff (finally!) to my phone. I think right now the only way to delete it is to restore my iPhone, which I'm not going to touch right now.

I would still want the app to have an uninstall feature for itself. It' so easy to install, why make it diffiuclt to remove?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slider10 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Since I have a PPC mac, these don't really work for me unfortunately. I've decided to keep it since new stuff keeps coming out and I was able to do some ringtone stuff (finally!) to my phone. I think right now the only way to delete it is to restore my iPhone, which I'm not going to touch right now.

I would still want the app to have an uninstall feature for itself. It' so easy to install, why make it diffiuclt to remove?
    I think putting the rm in the /bin folder, like iPhone559 has suggested, would uninstall it...I had the same problem...weeks ago...when I was first modding...

I don't quite understand what the PPC mac thing is since the iPhone is my FIRST and LAST Apple product, for obvious reasons...and I was running the streets when the Apple-II was brand NEW...and I'm still messing around with Hacking stuff???...when I should be "Lawn Bowling"...

Thanks

PPC = Power PC, non intel
    he should use winhoes too!
    Hit Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uPhone559 View Post
    PPC = Power PC, non intel
    he should use winhoes too!
    Thanks for clearing that up...I was starting to wonder what a "Drug" had to do with the iPhone...

Anyway, I still don't understand why putting the rm (Remove) into the iPhone's /bin folder to remove any files or folders has to do with having a Mac or a Intel-Based machine, since the rm runs within the iPhone and not the PC connected to it...

Or, are we trying to reinvent the wheel here...

Just kick me in the head and yell "STUPID IDIOT", if I'm missing something in this thread...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Its the way he is supposed to get the rm command in the /bin directory that relates to what type of computer he has.

A previous poster told him to use winscp, which is a program that can only run on a windows computer. However, if he had an intel mac, it would also be possible to install windows on that computer through bootcamp. Also alot of the modding software is either written for windows or an intel mac. But he has a PPC(not intel) computer, so he cant get rm on his iphone.

Since i have an intel mac i dont know what software is really available for the ppc system to help mod it. But from what i understand it is very limited.

Hope that helps abaflour