Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SwapMusicLibrary app

Thanks. I ahve used swaplibrary and it worked perfectly!

Hello from France,
    I Have tried this application on my iPhone 1.02 but I don't see anything when I launch it.
    I have still the same list and when I try to sync with the 2nd PC, I have a warening message so I dont want to loose the content.
    Many thanks in advance for your help

Mazel what version are you running?

Haven't had time to test it yet (have to downgrade a phone to 1.1.2 to be sure) but the attached version should work on all versions.

Let me know if you have trouble.

Thanks to the original author
    Attached Files Attached Files

swap tunes current version 0.02 does it work on 1.1.3 ?

Hey..
    Just wondering if you have a method of getting this to work on 1.1.3 or if you are planning or tweaking it so it will work on it..
    Thank you so much.
    I havent been able to try this app, but I sorely need it
    ey!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default an update to 1.1.3-4 planned?
    Hey... Someone might have already asked you this but will u be planning an update to firmwares 1.1.3 or 1.1.4? Your app is great but every time I try to install it it tells me that the app is only for firmware 1.1.2 or older...

Thanks man!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sleepy_ghost For This Useful Post:

bryanlee (05-04-2008)

If u noticed a few comments up a swap tunes was posted here that does work on firmware 1.1.4, you just need to install it through ssh, but i am on 1.1.4 and it works just fine

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Not here
    Quote Originally Posted by benison_123 View Post
    If u noticed a few comments up a swap tunes was posted here that does work on firmware 1.1.4, you just need to install it through ssh, but i am on 1.1.4 and it works just fine
    Version posted here above does not create any new second directory in
    ~/Media/

when installed by afpD and run on a 1.1.4+Ziphone.

Here the fix:

Put the Feburary version of Swap Library in your Applications folder on the phone by FTP or afpD. Then go to the terminal and enter this command EXACTLY:

chmod -R 755 /Applications/*

(Yes, the last is an asterisk.)

(You may have to fix your terminal first with Tweeks(1.1.3) by installing "SUID Lib Fix" to get the login root/alpine working there.)

This works on 1.1.4 with the 2/20/2008 SwapLibrary.app file that is here in the forum from Sprog.

-PG
    Last edited by patgod67; 03-10-2008 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Talking Solution to the custom Ringtone pref with Swaptunes....
    Here's an answer. Take one or two of your favorite cutome iToner Ringtones, in 1.1.4 from ~/Media/iTunes_Control/Ringtones. They will be renamed by iTunes as XYZ.m4r, just download from the phone to your Mac by SSH, and rename it 'Boing.m4r' or 'Alarm.m4r'.

Upload it back to the iPhone, but not where it came from but instead to /Library/Ringtones, overwriting the standard Apple file whose name you have taken.

Voila, with the ringer set to this replaced/renamed ringtone, it will hold to this Pref as you 'Swaptunes'.

-pg

Quote Originally Posted by mrgone View Post
    Thank you for this information, however after making the change you suggest below, I find I am experiencing the same problem. My ringtones are indeed being preserved, as in fact they were before modifying swaptunes.sh, but it is my ringtone PREFS that are still not being saved, ie. whenever I run swaptunes, my ringtone defaults to Marimba. I can change back to my custom tone, but my prefs get reset after each swap.

I suspect this may be because it appears that iToner saves ringtones to /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control/Ringtones, rather than /Media/Ringtones. Can you please comment?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ckybam69's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by patgod67 View Post
    Version posted here above does not create any new second directory in
    ~/Media/

when installed by afpD and run on a 1.1.4+Ziphone.

Here the fix:

Put the Feburary version of Swap Library in your Applications folder on the phone by FTP or afpD. Then go to the terminal and enter this command EXACTLY:

chmod -R 755 /Applications/*

(Yes, the last is an asterisk.)

(You may have to fix your terminal first with Tweeks(1.1.3) by installing "SUID Lib Fix" to get the login root/alpine working there.)

This works on 1.1.4 with the 2/20/2008 SwapLibrary.app file that is here in the forum from Sprog.

-PG
    i typed exaclty what you typed into the terminal and now it wont let me install or uninstall any apps or use winspc. what is the default terminal settings?

WTH?!? Every time I use this I have to set my ringtones all over again. I like the app but I am getting very sick of setting my ringtones all over everytime I use this app. PLEASE PLEASE fix this.

i am unable to get this to work....does this work for 1.4.4? i've looked at the .sh file and noticed that the directories are not the same as where i "think" the directories actually are...

is it as simple as correcting the directories?

Default Work on 1.1.4?
    Loved this app on my old iphone. Now on 1.1.4 and when i try to install it, it says that it only works on 1.1.2 or below - any updates?

Thanks

Hey, first of all, great job about your application.

But i have a suggest. Would it be possible to switch the music library to an Network shared Folder. I've got an NAS with Apple File Protocol an i asked, if it would be possible to mount the Music from my NAS on the iphone, so iphone thinks, the Music is on his Drive!?

Default Carrier distinction
    I wanted some visual indication of what mode I'm in. So I wrote some code to change the name of the Carrier "AT&T" to "Swapped" when I'm in the swapped mode.

So I added this code to swapTunes.sh:

Code:
    if [[ "$(sb -l SBFakeCarrier | grep FakeCarrier | sed -e s/.*= // | sed -e s/;//))" == Sw* ]]
    then
    sb -s "AT&T" SBFakeCarrier
    else
    sb -s "Swapped" SBFakeCarrier
    fi

I added it before the final exit. I also needed to install Erica's tools - to give me the sb command. And due to timing, you might have to make sure you're in the "original" mode first.

One bug:
    It doesn't ever delete the SBFakeCarrier. I tried using sb remove command but it didn't seem to redraw the carrier, so I just set the carrier to "AT&T" - so it's still fake, but accurate for me.

Partly I did this for a more annoying reason. Whenever I run swaphTunes, and end up in my secondary iTunes library, ALL of my AppStore apps stop working until I switch back. Any Ideas?

Thanks,
    Joseph Elwell.

Was just wondering if there were any updates on the purchased content not playing? It seems to work on some songs (they play), other songs however, just have silence even though it shows it as playing. Any updates?

I have a 3G 2.1 and SwapTunes worked fine. I don't need it anymore, so I removed it in Cydia, but the iTunes_Control_2 file is still there when I open up iBrowser. If I delete this file, will I screw up my phone. Just wanted to verify before I actually did it. If it does screw it up, how do I remove the 2nd iTunes folder? Thanks!

hello, i installed swaptunes on my 3g running 3.0 and it swapped the library but now when i try to swap it back it doesn't work
    anybody knows how to swap it back manually?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345