Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Human Interface Guidelines!

Default iPhone Human Interface Guidelines!
    Let's continue the work Apple set and design beautiful apps by following this simple guide:

http://iphone.share.googlepages.com/index.html

Please sticky this!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ace For This Useful Post:

Harbinger (08-22-2007)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I dont understand, what difference does it make....all the 3rd party apps still give the iPhone look and feel the way they are now.

Excellent post ace, unfortunately many homebrew developers aren't going to be traditional Mac OS developers or graphic designers so you're going to get some seriously horrendous looking programs. SiLeNtKiLLa, the difference is especially in the details. The iPhone bears its fruit in stunning interface design, continuity insures a sharp looking and user friendly program.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I agree that if this standard could be implemented, many Apps would improve dramatically and offer a much higher level of consistency throughout. But there isn't really an 'incorrect' way... just unstandardized? ways..

haha, i know what you mean Harbinger. what do you get when programmers make ui's? this.

the main focus is consistency between applications. lists need horizontal gray separators, bottom bars need the border at the top, most screens should have a big nice title bar at the top...

its these simple details that makes the apple apps look so tasty.

and since the guys at Conceitedsoftware have almost perfected installer.app's UI (in version 1.8, in version 1.9 they effed up the bottom bar) we know that great UI's can be made just by using UIKit.

installer.app version 1.8 really sets the bar for 3rd party apps.

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

There will be a standard after Leopard/the Official iPhone SDK are revealed in October
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable