+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] WbApp v0.40 w/+Patch & Edit

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
See v0.37 release for +Patch feature: repeated for clarity So, you download this really cool theme and load it on your phone but the Cydia and WinterBoard (and WbApp) icons
    Thanks

Default [RELEASE] WbApp v0.40 w/+Patch & Edit
    See v0.37 release for +Patch feature:

repeated for clarity
    So, you download this really cool theme and load it on your phone but the Cydia and WinterBoard (and WbApp) icons are missing. So now you have to ssh into your device, locate the theme folder and then I usually just copy the Icons folder over to my laptop. Now I start looking for an icon that will work for Cydia, hey an Installer icon will work. What about WinterBoard, yup copy over the SMBPrefs icon. So now that we have a WinterBoard icon we can copy that one as WbApp. Hey look they frigged up the App Store icon and called it AppStore, let's fix that too. Wait I remember the preview didn't show the Settings icon, they couldn't have messed that up did they? Yup it's named Settings-icon, copy that one over to its right name. Now you copy the new icons back to your device and reload SpringBoard.

...what if your device could do this for you?
    ...what if YOU could add YOUR OWN patch rules?

Introducing WbApp v0.40, now with +Patch (or plus patch) AND allows for User additions to the patch listing. See screenshots below.
    Here's the "+Patch" button:

Here's the Patch Info panel and the update panel:

Here's some before and after patch examples:

Fixed the theme counts on the headers for each section...

Notes:
    * +Patch will even transform the icons in an iSwitcher theme (needs to reside in either the WinterBoard or SummerBoard theme folder.
    * v0.39 added the ability to add your own rules to the patch list.
    * The longest patch has been for iGlassSol, it took about 15 seconds to fully patch... yup it has that many incorrect icons
    * Oh yeah, it either beeps (iPod) or vibrates (iPhone) to let you know it's done.

Once it has been tested by a few "power users" I'm sure we'll put it up on Cydia.

Download LINK
    After install you MUST set the permissions on mycp (chmod +s mycp) and you need to put the com.MeachWare.WbAppPatch.plist file in the preferences folder.

Change log:

v0.40
    Code clean-up and optimization, re-worded all info screens for maximum readability / functionality. Verified v0.39 updates.

v0.39
    Added a new "! Patch Settings !" theme which allows you to add new rules to the patch list. Had to relocate the patch file to the preferences folder (duh!).

v0.38
    Revised the "Time of Day" toggle to only be available if the "Time of Day" theme is installed. If it does not find the theme, the text displays "Please instal Time of Day theme".
    Fixed the theme counts for Available themes.
    Fixed the grammar error for Type listing, now has "Themes by Type".

Note: Not sure what rev this was added but; I have added a load counter to remove the "! Tap for Info !" theme / function once you have loaded 15 themes AND you have more than 10 installed themes.
    White 3G

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

hartphoto (08-19-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice work, it just gets better and better, cant wait for it to be available in Cydia.

Thanks for making such a nice app.

IphoneCrazy

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Greg....I'm going to give this a shot right now. Maybe you could guide me a little bit. So I add the new WbApp (from the downloaded file) to applications and overwrite the existing WbApp, correct? Then put the com.MeachWare.WbAppPatch.plist in the Preferences.app folder (/Applications/Preferences.app)? And what about postinst.sh? Does that go in WbApp.app?

Nevermind...I got it. Good work brotha!
    Last edited by jabbawalkee; 08-19-2008 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jabbawalkee View Post
    Greg....I'm going to give this a shot right now. Maybe you could guide me a little bit. So I add the new WbApp (from the downloaded file) to applications and overwrite the existing WbApp, correct? Then put the com.MeachWare.WbAppPatch.plist in the Preferences.app folder (/Applications/Preferences.app)? And what about postinst.sh? Does that go in WbApp.app?

Nevermind...I got it. Good work brotha!
    No, sorry, should have a been a bit more specific:

Replace the WbApp.app
    put the com.MeachWare.WbAppPatch.plist file into:
    /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/
    If you don't the app will make a new file but with only like 8 patches where the included patch file has 28.
    The postinst.sh script is meant for Cydia but the command you need to run from the /Applications/WbApp.app folder is:
    chmod +s mycp
    (this is required to allow the app the "permission" to copy the icon files.

There are a LOT of nice Wallpaper.html style Wb themes now so I think we need to change those 4 toggle's to be USER defined, now that would be AWESOME!!

Jiminy Crickets! I thought I was done for a bit...
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 08-19-2008 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    White 3G

Thanks

how come I don't see it in cydia? I already have wbapp installed, but it's version 0.32, have I been missing updates?

Thanks

same here dont see any updates , i have 3.2

I ll try to install manually, can you just tell me what is chmod +s mycp ? is it 0777 of all folders and subfolders ?
    Last edited by netuser; 08-20-2008 at 11:01 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by netuser View Post
    same here dont see any updates , i have 3.2

I ll try to install manually, can you just tell me what is chmod +s mycp ? is it 0777 of all folders and subfolders ?
    Set JUST the mycp file to 6775
    White 3G

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm not seeing the update on cydia either. Stuck on 3.2 as I can't seem to install it manually. It quits right when i enter the app. I see the interface for like 2 seconds.
    I've done just as CyberGreg said, put the WbApp.app folder in /Applications/
    I've put the com.MeachWare.WbAppPatch.plist in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ and i've set the permission on the mycp file to 6775. I've also done the command chmod +s mycp in the WbApp.app folder.
    It starts up, but it quits right after :/ any ideas?