+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iXfer

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I only installed iXfer yesterday, but it only took a day to screw up my laptop. As I was flicking between the working and yet to be implimented tabs I
    Thanks
    Angry iXfer
    I only installed iXfer yesterday, but it only took a day to screw up my laptop.
    As I was flicking between the working and yet to be implimented tabs I noticed in the "status bar", a message saying "copying //example/blah/files/from/iphone..."

These evidently copied to the root of my c: drive, into various system folders without any kind of confirmation as to whether I want to overwrite these system files, and now the machine wont boot up. There's a flash of a blue screen of death and then it reboots.

So, I can either try and work out which files were copied over and remove/restore them, or re-install the OS on the laptop.

Just a word of warning to those who havent tried using iXfer yet, try and do a bit of research on it or get some kind of confirmation from others, that this hasnt happened before.

PJ

EDIT
    This webpage didnt render correctly earlier so I oculdnt post the image of the "copying" message. See Attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iXfer-untitled.jpg  
    Last edited by only1pj; 08-19-2008 at 01:30 AM. Reason: add pic