+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Worth upgrading now? keeping my apps in mind

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
is it worth upgrading from 1.1.4 to 2.0.1 - I am an AT&T user so I would only need the jailbreak not the unlock. as of right now I do
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile Worth upgrading now? keeping my apps in mind
    is it worth upgrading from 1.1.4 to 2.0.1 - I am an AT&T user so I would only need the jailbreak not the unlock.

as of right now I do not rely heavily on any apps other than video recorder and mxtube (which I believe has already been ported).

I was wondering if there is a video recorder replacement in the app store or in cydia

and...

I would also like a few opinions about upgrading their Iphones to either 2.0.X

Thanks

there is no video recorder on either yet, sadly

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

I have upgraded to 2.0.1 as well and also really liked videorecorder app but decided the trade off is so worth it as i have so many apps now i can do without videorecorder for a little while as it will be ported to 2.0.1.

Fox
    Green Apple
    Thanks

You Need to upgrade.. I put it off for a a few weeks and Now I regret not doing it earlier.. I think I must have jailbroken my Launch day iPhone 30+ times (stupid apps crashed my Phone and I just kept jailbreaking trying different Methods) .. I even did it when the first jailbreak came out right after the phones release... I did it and what a Pain.. Use the Pwnge jailbreak method. Trust me I was 1.1.4 forever and going to 1.20 or beyond is well worth it in terms of the App Store and Cydia.. I have MXtube on my Phone which is one of my favorite apps.. but I now can't stop using Pandora Radio.. You put in your favorite Musician and it will stream songs by them and other artists that sound like them.. way better than The Sirius app (i miss that one) .. And another Great app is Simplify Media, you can stream songs from your PC to your phone.. so I can drag my entire Library everywhere I go ..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Very kool. What I will be waiting for before upgrading to 2.0.1 is Fring. i really like like its VOIP functionality, combined with stability and low memory footprint and background operation.

Also I use "Imapidle" which is works really well alerting me of gmails as they arrive into my mailbox in the background!! I know 2.0.1 has some sort of Apple push, but which email servers will be supporting this?

What I do like on 2.0.1 is the higher quality games availabe, and indeed, some new fancy applications.

Mazor