Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iSwap v.2 pre-release

Hybrid View

Default iSwap v.2 pre-release
    Hey all,

As requested I'm making available for download a pre-release version of my iSwap v.2. This one is scalable (unlimited screens, 4 configured initially) and is safer to use. It can be used to cycle through screens from 1-4 OR you can use the optional 'pick a screen' to directly jump to one of the screens you've set up.

The real release is going to have a theme and all of the Screen.plist files already set up so that a non-expert user can more easily get this working. Also, I'm writing up docs on editing the various files, etc. THIS version doesn't have any of that so if you think you'll need that sort of thing wait a few days and download the release version. This is mostly for expert users who want to give it a try and give me feedback.

I'm not going to put the pre-release in the d/l section here because I don't want people to d/l it and not know what to do with it. When the 'full-meal-deal' version is ready later this week or on the weekend I'll post it as usual.

Anyway, the d/l is available off of my blog at:
    http://digestingreality.blogspot.com...e-release.html

Cheers!

-KennX

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princebrand For This Useful Post:

Blackwidow74 (08-21-2007), CharlesJV (08-20-2007)

Nice , will check out.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to r00t4rd3d For This Useful Post:

Blackwidow74 (08-21-2007)

So when do you suppose the new version will be released?

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen

I'm shooting for Thursday night or Friday by the time I get things written up and put together.

-KennX

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Thanks, giving it a shot as soon as I get home... will work GREAT now that we can launch url's from the homescreen....ssswwweeettt!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

o.k. i wanna install v2 over v1 and i just want iswap.app to scroll thru the 4 pages not screen1.app etc. my ? is how do i make a symbolic link and a statefile, and what should they say. i have my v1 plists working great so i know how to edit that. thanx in advance

Okay, the only difference between the scroll through and the 'pick a screen' are the Screen#.app files. If you don't put those on your phone it will work just like v.1 did. Also, since you're using version 1 the first time you run it it will set things up and copy your Screen2 to make Screen3 and Screen4 as well (just as place holders) that you can then edit to differentiate. One thing I thought of is I didn't test running it the first time if I was ON Screen2... so it'd probably be best for now to run it the FIRST TIME from the main screen.

After that it should cycle through the screens normally from 1 to 4 (although initially 3 and 4 will be the same as 2 until you modify them).

Basically, the Screen#.apps manually re-set the State and then call iSwap. So in other words, pressing the Screen3.app icon would set the state as if you were already on Screen2 and then invoke iSwap which would then send you on to Screen3... I did that so that it wouldn't be something people would be locked into doing and to make it a bit more flexible.

-KennX

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ok, so I installed v2 pre-release, re-set phone, give permissions, hit button, takes me too blank screen with dock.

I delete iSwap.app Directory, and Screen2.plist to get back to main screen

Re-install the 1st release of iSwapp and copy back over the Screen2.plist and set permissions, everything works flawlessly.

Do the same all over again, but instead, install v2 Pre-release, and blank screen again.

I see that Screen2.app and so on are optional, but do I have to have these installed for v2 to read my Screen2.plist file?

++++++++++++++EDIT+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ok, got it working... When iSwap v2 was copying over the .plists to the Screens folder, it was corrupt somehow...

I copied my working .plists that worked with v1 and created Screens 1-4 with it and put it on the iPhone, now Everything works smoothly. Thanks again for such a sweet app, now I think my screens are going to be the home of Safari bookmarks...lol
    Last edited by SiLeNtKiLLa; 08-22-2007 at 01:24 AM.