Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] WbApp WinterBoard GUI

CyberGreg,
    FREAKIN AWESOME APP!!!! Thanks

Cool 147 themes... can you say iTA... I think they have a 12 step program :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by starlox View Post

SUCCESS!!!

GREG and Everyone NOTE: THE APPLICATION DOES COPY YOUR THEMES INTO /Applications/WbApp.app/Documents/Themes once you have installed your themes through the WbApp UI.You can verify this by SSH'ing into the folder after installing a theme.

So, Greg, I guess there is a limit to the number of installed themes you can have.
    Thanks - maybe that will help some others.

It seems worth repeating and perhaps a quote from our good friend WikiPedia is in order...
    Quote Originally Posted by WikiPedia
    A symbolic link merely contains a text string that is interpreted and followed by the operating system as a path to another file or directory. It is a file on its own and can exist independently of its target. If a symbolic link is deleted, its target remains unaffected. If the target is moved, renamed or deleted, any symbolic link that used to point to it continues to exist but now points to a non-existing file.
    So given that, yes if you try and copy the WbApp.app folder from your device, guess what... it wil treat all the symlinks exactly as it should and copy the actual files from your themes folders.

If people are still not convinced (and just think about how fast the app does this on-the-fly preview, it would take close to one minute or several if it had to actual wait for it to copy all those files in just one theme). Uninstall WbApp, ssh into your device and type df -h for a human readable display of the space available. Reinstall WbApp and then preview all your themes. Run the df -h command a second time and it will be nearly the exact same amount of free and used space.

I'm curious, did all of your 147 themes display in WinterBoard?
    White 3G

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

jabbawalkee (08-15-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    I'm curious, did all of your 147 themes display in WinterBoard?
    No, that was the reason it kept crashing. There must be a limit to the number of installed themes it can index before crashing. I can only verify that up to 47 will run with the app. so...

IF WbApp IS CRASHING FOR YOU...IT COULD BE THAT YOU HAVE TOO MANY THEMES INSTALLED.

oh, and once you select and install a theme in the WbApp UI, it WILL COPY THE ENTIRE THEME INTO THE THEMES FOLDER.

Thanks again Greg! (Even if you don't want it)

Update: working on a fix for the theme number problem, testing it now

Update #2: It would seem that I was on crack while working on this because with the proper coding there is no more need for linking so both the Documents and Themes folder are going bye-bye.

I can post just the app for anyone that wants to help me test it (you must be able to ssh into your device). Once we verify it's working properly I'll get the update packaged up.

Update #3: Lots of tweaks, here is a summary, current pre-distribution version is 0.32:
    Change log:

v0.32
    Revised error trapping to now include at least one theme named "! Tap For Help !"
    This has a special preview w/information about WbApp and will prevent
    the no themes crash, even if deliberate.

Revised the "Load Theme" action to NOT load the help theme. <- seems obvious eh?

v0.31
    Revised theme listing process:
    A. Now lists Saurik.theme

Added error trapping for no themes:
    A. Lists "!! No Themes Found" and preview file tells the user to download themes

v0.30
    Revised theme listing process:
    A. Increased capacity (still testing, I'm at 50 and no crash; comment, how the frell did you get 147???)

Added notice for themes with Wallpaper.html:
    Displays a custom wallpaper with notice that theme has Wallpaper.html file
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 08-15-2008 at 10:16 PM. Reason: added update #3 and change log
    White 3G

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

hawpunch (08-15-2008)

Version 0.32 will be released soon on Cydia. For those that can't wait;

Completely remove the old app (from /Applications type rm -R WbApp.app) then ssh this new one. Link HERE. See above change log, no more symlinks and no more crashes, even if you remove ALL your themes!

PS I'm up to 78 themes on my iPod and WbApp launches in like 2+ seconds... sweet... and thanks for everyone's feedback.
    White 3G

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Greg, you've done some good work on this. Thank you for your patience in helping us "work the bugs out

p.s. my wife and I have collected most of the themes and "custom themes we've made" out there. We probably have close to 220 of them. but, Really how many do you really need on an iPhone/iPod touch?

If you are bored...it would be nice to see something that randomly rotates your themes. (not asking, just giving you future thoughts on the app)

Your work is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by starlox View Post
    Greg, you've done some good work on this. Thank you for your patience in helping us "work the bugs out

p.s. my wife and I have collected most of the themes and "custom themes we've made" out there. We probably have close to 220 of them. but, Really how many do you really need on an iPhone/iPod touch?

If you are bored...it would be nice to see something that randomly rotates your themes. (not asking, just giving you future thoughts on the app)

Your work is appreciated.
    lol - thanks... here's a quick solution: rename all your themes with a unique three digit index, download the free dice roller app, set it to three dice, roll and presto, load that theme

Seriously though... I'm headed down the "Theme Fixer" path where I want to add the ability to fix or patch themes right on the device. All that means is copy or rename an icon to match your layout. Right now the only icons I care about are on my home screen but with some themes even those need help. Download Deep, the Settings icon doesn't preview (or work) because it's named Settings-icon.png. I think it would be frackin' awesome to simply rename it and simply restart SpringBoard.

PS How many themes work with the new v0.32 WbApp? I've loaded almost 90 on my iPod and it still working fine.
    White 3G

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234