+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: replace springboard

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Just wondering. Is springboard just a normal app? Could one replace the springboard file with say, the finder file and have the "home" screen be finder, instead of springboard? Being
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default replace springboard
    Just wondering. Is springboard just a normal app? Could one replace the springboard file with say, the finder file and have the "home" screen be finder, instead of springboard?

Being able to make a new version of springboard would be amazing. I know I couldn't do it, but I'm sure someone could. Would allow for scrolling and better skinning.

-Matt

Green Apple
    Thanks

granted you have SSH access, just go ahead and try and let us know..... if anything the phone wouldn't display any icons on bootup.... you could just replace with old Springboard app and reboot in that case... who knows im too lazy to do that.... just copy over the Finder app over to the Springboard.app dir... and rename to Springboard? i dunno... i dont think ill ever wanna do that
    iPhone 3G 8GB (2.0.2), iPhone 2G 8GB (2.0.2)

Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo 15inch, 4GB Ram

Intel E8400 Core2Duo 3.0ghz (OC 3.8ghz)
    4gb DDR2 Ram
    500gb RAID0
    GeForce 8800GTS 640mb

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if you take a look at the contents of the springboard.app you'll see that this program has alot of pictures in regards to the carrier logo, signal strength bars, battery logos, etc...

so, replacing this 1 program with another program, as much as it "should" be possible as it appears to just be another program, it better do alot more than display some applications and be able to launch them. it looks like this program controls a good majority of how you navigate from app to app, how it locks, how it displays certain states, etc...

either way, nothing a restore cant fix - i'd do it, but my phone is pretty heavily modified and i'm not in the mood to redo everything, should something go wrong.

-Mario