+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ifob question

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
me and my friend tried ifob at his house !! worked fine we could msg each other !! then i went home and connect to it !! but couldnt msg
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default ifob question
    me and my friend tried ifob at his house !! worked fine we could msg each other !!

then i went home and connect to it !! but couldnt msg him !!

how is that app supose 2 work ?? it's kinda useless 2 use that app if were on the same wifi !! shouldnt it work from anywhere like if u were using msn on apolo ?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seph213 View Post
    me and my friend tried ifob at his house !! worked fine we could msg each other !!

then i went home and connect to it !! but couldnt msg him !!

how is that app supose 2 work ?? it's kinda useless 2 use that app if were on the same wifi !! shouldnt it work from anywhere like if u were using msn on apolo ?
    no. the point of it is to meet new poeple in the same place as you.
    In a bar that has wifi, if both of you are connected to ifob, it will let you know, and you can message that new person.

If its your buddy, just call/text/apollo him. the goal of it is to meet new people using the same technology as you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    iFob is native iPhone / iPod touch software which helps you search for other iPhone / iPod touch users who are physically close by. It does you no good if you never go out. But, if you have a life, and go to public places where there is WiFi, then iFob will help you find other people

It doesn't use a site, and does't need any kind of registration or account creation. You just install it on your iPhone / iPod and leave it running. iFob will then search for other people who are close to you (in the same coffee house, bar, hotspot, etc.), and will light up and let you know. If you are worried about privacy, you can set your copy of iFob to "Listen" and then you will see other people, but they will not see you. Because there is no login or registration, with iFob you can change your name, your micro-profile, etc., as often as you want.

You can use iFob as a tool, or, as many people do, use it as a sort of social networking game. Because iFob for the iPhone / iPod touch is free, many thousands of people have downloaded and installed it, and there is already a large community of iFob users. You can also purchase copies of iFob for your PC.

You can find iFob in the trusted software list from Conceited Software under the "network" category from the Installer app, or from the download section at www.iCloseby.com - steve, co-founder of iCloseBy.com