Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [1.1.3] VT-100 Terminal fixes!

Default [1.1.3] VT-100 Terminal fixes!
    NOTE: Terminal has now been updated for 1.1.3. If you're on that firmware, you should use that version instead. Here's more info:

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29987

-----OLD THREAD STARTS HERE------
    I spent a lot of time finding these fixes, so I thought I'd share. Props to the folks that figured them out, sorry I don't know your names.

The Problems (not everyone has every issue, depends on the JB used):

• Process Ended message on startup
    • Password required on startup, but none work
    • Backspace either created a forward space or a strange character

The Solution (still requires the password "alpine", but it works):

SSH in from your Desktop's Terminal, then type or paste:

cd /Applications/Term-vt100.app
    chmod +s Term-vt100

-------------------
    If you've already run SUID Lib Fix for 1.1.3, skip these next two steps, they do the same thing:

mkdir -p /usr/local/arm-apple-darwin/lib
    ln -s /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib /usr/local/arm-apple-darwin/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib

-------------------

BEFORE YOU TRY THIS NEXT STEP, check and see if it now works. It seems that the latest jailbreak has fixed something so this is no longer necessary!
    If the password (alpine) is still not recognized, then use this step:

chmod +s /usr/bin/login
    chmod +s /bin/sh

Reboot the phone

To fix the BSD Subsystem 2.0 backspace problem:

add the following to /etc/profile (which can be opened with any plain text editor):

TERM="vt102"
    export TERM

I think this last issue exists even for those running 1.1.2 with BSD 2.0, and I believe this fix will work for them too.

Hope this saves someone some time.
    Last edited by DaveiPhone; 02-06-2008 at 10:45 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I tried this, it screwed my phone. Having to do a full restore and start from scratch again. ****.

Anyone else try this?

I just had the backspace problem, and the fix worked.

Tried the backspace fix on my iPhone but it didn't work for me - version 1.1.1 and BSD 2.0.

Bummer

JM

Quote Originally Posted by joemontana View Post
    Tried the backspace fix on my iPhone but it didn't work for me - version 1.1.1 and BSD 2.0.

JM
    JM - Did you try rebooting the phone after changing profile? That's probably required for that change to become effective.

Quote Originally Posted by hedsick View Post
    I tried this, it screwed my phone. Having to do a full restore and start from scratch again. ****.
    hedsick, sorry to hear that, though it's a bit hard to understand how this could have trashed the phone, if done correctly. Could you elaborate on which steps you took and what exactly happened? Which problems were you having with VT100? Which jailbreak had you used originally? Had you tried other things to fix it before trying this?

I found what I believe are the original source for this info at the googlecode site, and it looks like this is working without incident.

http://code.google.com/p/mobiletermi...s/detail?id=72

http://code.google.com/p/mobiletermi...s/detail?id=71

Also, I've now run this on 3 phones with different jailbreak versions, and it worked fine on all of them, though not every jailbreak needed every fix.
    In my opinion, the latest Devteam Official Jailbreak run through installer is by far the best of them, requiring very few manual fixes when combined with the latest Installer.
    Last edited by DaveiPhone; 02-03-2008 at 01:26 PM.